Want to grow your WordPress website without spending tons of cash?
A good plugin has the power to help you build a skyrocket the success of your business online. But the WordPress plugin directory is stuffed with 55,000+ plugins, so this guide has narrowed down the best free WordPress plugins for your website.
The Best Free WordPress Plugins (& Premium)
To help you navigate this post, we’ve summarized the top “must-have” WordPress plugins and their main focus here:
- MonsterInsights Lite — Best WordPress Google Analytics Plugin
- WPForms Lite — Drag & Drop Form Builder
- SeedProd — Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Plugin
- TrustPulse — FOMO & Social Proof App
- WP Mail SMTP — Easy Transaction Email Tool
- OptinMonster — Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugin
- RafflePress —Amazingly Easy Giveaway Plugin
- MemberPress — Best WordPress Membership Plugins
- Sucuri — Top Security Tool
- Beaver Builder — Most Popular Page Builder
- LiveChat — Best Conversational Marketing Chat Tool
- Visualizer — Best Tables and Charts WordPress Plugin
- Yoast SEO — Leading WordPress SEO Plugin
- WooCommerce — Top Plugin for eCommerce Sites
- W3 Total Cache — Best WordPress Caching Plugin
- Pretty Links — Must-Have Affiliate Marketing Tool
- LearnDash — Best LMS Plugin
- Smush — Top WordPress Image Optimization Plugin
- Better Click to Tweet — Great Twitter Tool
- Instagram Feed — Top WordPress Instagram Plugin
- Envira Gallery — Awesome Image Gallery
- Soliloquy — Best Slider Plugin
- Optimole — Best Real-Time Image Optimization Plugin for WordPress
- Print, PDF, Email by PrintFriendly — Fantastic PDF & Print Tool
- TablePress — Easy WordPress Tables
- WP RSS Aggregator — Best WordPress Autoblog Plugin
- Lazy Load by WP Rocket — Great Page Speed Booster
- Shared Counts — Simple Social Sharing App
- Insert Headers and Footers — Easily Changes Headers & Footers
- Simple Author Box — Straightforward Author Name Plugin
- Duplicator — Best WordPress Site Migration Tool
- Shortcodes Ultimate — Top Shortcodes Plugin
- Broken Link Checker — Great Broken Link Check Software
- Easy Google Fonts — Best WordPress Google Fonts Plugin
- Really Simple SSL — Awesome SSL Tool
- Autoptimize — Great Minifying Plugin for WordPress
- Login Lockdown — Popular Login Security App
- WordPress Importer — Best WordPress Import Tool
- Disable Comments — Easily Disable Comments
- WP-Optimize — Best WordPress Database Cleanup Plugin
- The Events Calendar — Most Popular Event Calendar Tool on WordPress
- Editorial Calendar — Great Editorial Calendar
- Code Snippets — Simple WordPress Code Snippets
- Redirection — Best Redirection Tool
- Advanced Custom Fields — Great Custom Fields App
- Enable Media Replace — Easy Media Replacement
- UpdraftPlus — Best Backup Tool for WordPress
- WP Call Button — Easy Click to Call Button for WordPress
- WP Product Review — Best Product Review Plugin
It’s easy for anyone to start your own website. Be sure to take a peek at our list of the best website builders for small business.
So if you’ve been asking yourself what are the top free WordPress plugins, here’s the list you’ve been looking for:
1. MonsterInsights Lite (Free)
MonsterInsights Lite gives you a simple way to connect your WordPress website to your Google Analytics account. With it, you can see how site visitors find your website and what they do while there. With this data, you’re able to capitalize on what site visitors like to keep them coming back for more.
- Dashboard Reports — See real-time stats in an easy to read report found right in the dashboard of your WordPress site.
- Universal Tracking — Your stats are never skewed thanks to the universal tracking system that’s in place. In other words, if your site visitors switch from a mobile device to a desktop, you’ll still get accurate data counts.
- Robust Pro Features — The premium version lets you track eCommerce stats, traffic sources, advertisements efforts, and you’ll have access to the MonsterInsights Forms addon, which lets you see your form conversion rates so you can make improvements and grow your business online.
How Much Does MonsterInsights Lite Cost?
2. WPForms Lite (Free)
One of our favorites on this WordPress plugins list of free must-have plugins is WPForms Lite. This popular tool is simply the easiest to use and best WordPress forms plugin on the market. And it comes with tons of ways to help reduce form abandonment.
- Visual Builder — It comes with a drag and drop WordPress form builder so you can easily create contact forms for your website.
- Pre-built Templates — Pre-built form templates come complete with the form fields you need, so you can customize your form as you see fit.
- Mobile-friendly — It’s 100% responsive, mobile-friendly, and is optimized for SEO.
- Speed — It’s one of the fastest contact form plugins around so you don’t have to worry about it slowing your website down.
- Email Marketing Integration — With WPForms, you can grow your newsletter and email list quickly with the most popular email marketing services around.
- Amazing Pro Features — Collect payments, conduct surveys, hire for a new position with a job application form, and even enable smart conditional logic.
How Much Does WPForms Lite Cost?
SeedProd lets you work on your site in private while your website visitors see a Coming Soon or Maintenance Mode page. It’s raved about on WordPress.org and boasts thousands of 5-star reviews. SeedProd is definitely the best coming soon and maintenance mode plugin available for WordPress.
- Get Leads Early — Especially helpful if you’re just launching a site and want to have leads and traffic as soon as it’s live.
- Build Your Email List — SeedProd helps you gather email addresses while working on your site so you can drum up excitement before a launch.
- Start Ranking Early — Get a jump start in search engine rankings by having your site live while you work on it. Google actually advises to use a Coming Soon Page for every new site, so this WordPress plugin is a must-have.
How Much Does SeedProd Cost?
Plans start at $37/year.
4. TrustPulse (Free)
TrustPulse leverages FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) to help drive more conversions and sales on websites through social proof. Social proof is a psychological and social phenomenon where people rely on actions and feedback of other people to decide what to do. And you should definitely be using social proof on your site, especially if you have an eCommerce store like WooCommerce.
- Visual Builder — Comes with an easy-to-use social proof notification builder that let you to build WordPress FOMO popups that are proven to convert visitors.
- Simple Customization — It’s easy to customize things like colors, message, and images, so you can brand your notifications to look like your site.
- Live Activity — Show a live stream of recent activity (purchases, registrations, email signups, etc) as well as an ‘on-fire’ campaign that shows how many people took action on your site during a specific time period.
How Much Does TrustPulse Cost?
Using WooCommerce? Be sure to check out our list of the best WooCommerce themes for your WordPress site!
5. WP Mail SMTP (Free)
If you’re having problems with WordPress not sending emails, you’ll need the best WordPress transaction emails plugin WP Mail SMTP to help you out. This free plugin helps reconfigure the wp_mail() PHP function to use the proper SMTP provider. In other words, it makes sure any WordPress emails that are supposed to send out from your WordPress site are delivered to the recipient’s inbox as they should.
- It Works — WP Mail SMTP fixes your email deliverability by reconfiguring WordPress to use a proper SMTP provider when sending emails (and it works).
- Multiple Integrations — Brings together all SMTP providers, including Sendinblue, into one plugin so you don’t have to use separate plugins for each provider.
- White Glove Setup — The paid Elite version includes the team setting it all up for you.
How Much Does WP Mail SMTP cost?
The best WordPress lead generation plugin in the world is OptinMonster — nothing else compares as you can see from this list of the best WordPress popup plugins to explode your email list. It’s simply a must-have for any website. That’s because this plugin comes with a treasure chest of valuable features to grow your business online.
- Exit-Intent Technology — Turn site visitors who were headed to abandon your site into email subscribers instead.
- MonsterLinks™ 2-Step Optins — Convert any link or image into an optin form and boost conversions by 785%.
- Geo-Location Targeting — Get more leads by personalizing campaigns based on your visitor’s location.
- Easy to Use — The drag and drop builder lets you make visually stunning forms in just a few clicks.
How Much Does OptinMonster Cost?
Plans start at 19/month (billed annually).
7. RafflePress (Free)
RafflePress is a fantastic giveaway plugin that you should be using on your site yesterday. The WordPress world was waiting for an amazing giveaway plugin and Rafflepress has delivered.
- Easy to Use — The interface is simple and modern, and you can use a drag and drop giveaway builder to make successful giveaways in just minutes.
- Secure — They offer fraud protection
- Lead Generation — Get more entries by using distraction-free landing pages and grow your email list fast.
- Social Integrations — Connects to all the popular social media integrations so you can grow with viral sharing.
- Tracking + Retargeting — Monitor what’s happening with your giveaways and boost how many people enter them.
- Email Marketing Integrations — RafflePress integrates with tons of email marketing services and CRMs, so it’s a breeze to start using.
How Much Does RafflePress Cost?
There’s a free version and a premium version that starts at $49/year.
Need explosive online growth? Check out our post on how to host a giveaway on your WordPress site.
MemberPress is the best WordPress membership plugin to use if you’re going to build your own membership site (or part of your site) so you can make extra money from recurring sales. It lets you easily limit access to specific content on your site to only paying members. Best of all, most of everything is automated, so the passive income just rolls in.
- Payment Gateways — You can use Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.net so you can accept multiple types of payments from members for your subscription billing.
- Easy Setup — All you have to do to start is install the plugin, configure the payment gateways, add a product, and invite people.
- Multiple Integrations — MemberPress integrates with tons of different tools from podcasting with Blubrry, to Amazon Web Services, and of course the most popular email marketing services like Drip, ConvertKit, Mailchimp, GetResponse, AWeber, and Constant Contact. You can even use BuddyPress to manage your forums, encouraging your members to engage with and help out one another on your site.
- Affiliate Program — Launch an affiliate program for your brand and website to get the word out to others while rewarding your network of die-hard fans.
How Much Does MemberPress Cost?
Pricing for MemberPress starts at $149/year.
Looking to speed up your site? Check out our list of the fastest WordPress themes.
Sucuri is an industry leader when it comes to all matters related to website security. With its robust and helpful features, it’s easily the best WordPress security plugin in the market.
- Protects Your Site — Activity audits, remote malware scanning, blacklist monitoring, security notifications, and post-hack security actions so it doesn’t happen again (if it ever does).
- Lightning-fast — Sucuri does its best to keep its feature-packed security plugin lightweight so it doesn’t slow down your site’s resources and loading time.
- Monitoring — Checks for DDoS attacks, malware threats, brute force attacks, and even XSS attacks so you can rest assured your site’s data is safe.
How Much Does Sucuri Cost?
There’s a limited free version and paid plans start at $199.
10. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is one of the best free WordPress plugins on the market and if you’re looking for a WordPress plugin to make your website attractive, it’s a great pick. It’s a popular alternative to other great site builders like Divi (Paid) and Elementor.
- Easy to Use —A drag and drop page builder that works on the front end of your website, so no matter your skill level, you can build a website in a cinch.
- Total Customization — Content modules include HTML, photo, text editor, audio, video, and the sidebar.
- Responsive — It’s mobile friendly, works with pages, posts, and custom post types.
- Great Pro Features — If you want additional modules like tabs, a slider, social icons, and more, consider upgrading to the premium version of Beaver Builder. You’ll receive expert support, access premade layouts, and even be able to save, export, and reuse full-page layouts, rows, and modules.
How Much Does BeaverBuilder Cost?
There’s a limited free version and paid plans start at $99.
LiveChat is one of the best live chat tools out there. It’s definitely the most well-known, and for good reason. If you’re thinking about getting into Conversational Marketing, this tool is a fantastic pick.
- Looks Great — They offer a beautifully designed live chat support app to add a chat box to your WordPress website.
- Work from Anywhere — It’s mobile-responsive so you and your agents can chat with customers on your laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. Great for remote teams.
- Surveys — Find out where to improve by adding evaluation surveys before and after the chat session.
- Integrations — LiveChat integrates with tons of other tools including email marketing services and other marketing automation software.
- Fast Speed — It’s got a lightning-fast loading time for an excellent user experience.
How Much Does LiveChat Cost?
LiveChat starts at $16/month per user (billed annually).
If you’re looking for a plugin that’s great for data visualization, Visualizer will be perfect for you. Visualizer helps you harness the power of your data to make gorgeous, responsive, and customizable charts and tables that you can edit right on your posts.
- Flexibility — Offers multiple chart types like pie charts, line charts, bar charts, and more.
- Interactive — Generate powerful graphs that are beautiful and interactive.
- Customizable — Edit the design, colors, and behavior of your charts, so you can easily match your website’s branding.
- Instant Edits — Live edit your charts so you can see how they look in real time.
- Responsive — Charts look great on all devices and browsers.
- Import Data — Lets you easily import existing data from CSVs or Google Spreadsheets.
How Much Does Visualizer Cost?
Visualizer starts at $59/year or $236 for a lifetime plan.
13. Yoast SEO (Free)
A lot of people ask us which SEO plugin is best in WordPress and we always have the same answer — Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO is one of the most popular SEO plugins on the market today.
- Sitemap Help — Helps you create an automatically updated XML sitemap for your website (like Google XML Sitemaps).
- Previews — Check out your content’s search snippet so you can see what people searching the web will see.
- Visual Help — Gives you a green light when your content is SEO optimized.
- Tons of Helpful Tools — You can add meta tags, set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content and Google penalties, and integrate with Google Search Console so you can see how search engines are indexing your site (and fix any crawl errors that exist).
How Much Does Yoast SEO Cost?
14. WooCommerce (Free)
There’s a pretty easy answer if you’re asking what are the best WordPress plugins and you want to sell products online. It’s WooCommerce, the most popular eCommerce platform for online stores that usually ends up at the top of every list with the best WordPress plugins for eCommerce and the best WordPress eCommerce plugin.
- WordPress Integration — This online shop creator gives you complete control over the design and functionality of your online store on WordPress.org.
- Flexibility — Sell anything you want, complete with varying shapes, sizes, product variations, and configurations. And offer a wide range of shipping options such as free shipping or shipping that’s calculated in real-time.
- Payment Options — Accept major credit cards, BACs, and cash on delivery, so people can make their purchases how they want.
- It’s All Yours — You own all of it so you never have to worry about a 3rd-party platform packing up and taking your store’s data with them.
How Much Does WooCommerce Cost?
15. W3 Total Cache (Free)
Another one of the best free WordPress plugins is a caching plugin called W3 Total Cache. Since site speed is one of the most important SEO ranking factors, you need to focus on improving your site speed in any way you can to boost rankings, site traffic, and conversions. This plugin can help with that.
- Speeds up Your Site — With this caching solution, (easily the world’s best WordPress minifying plugin alongside WP Super Cache) you can serve compressed and cached files to site visitors, reducing the load time on your server and improving overall site speed.
How Much Does W3 Total Cache Cost?
16. Pretty Links (Free)
It’s no mystery that some of the best WordPress affiliate plugins are Affiliate Royale, Thirsty Affiliates and of course Pretty Links. These are tools to use an alternative to link shorteners like tinyurl.com or bit.ly. They make your links look clean all from your WordPress dashboard and make it easy to track everything.
- Makes Links Look Great — The better your affiliate links and website looks, the more your URLs are shared.
- Affiliate Marketing Organization — Great for those who participate in affiliate marketing to track clicks from emails and social media.
- Tracking — Pretty Links tracks each hit on a URL you create and gives you a full report on where the hit came from, the browser, the operating system, and the host.
How Much Does Pretty Links Cost?
- Easy to Use — It comes with a visual drag and drop course builder that lets you build multi-level courses and then add lessons, assignments, and quizzes.
- User Rewards — It awards certificates to students for completing courses.
- Timers — Uses a timer to prevent people from skipping lessons.
- Monetization Options — One of the coolest parts of LearnDash is how it has lots of monetization options including a one-time purchase, a recurring membership, and course bundles.
- Payment Support — Supports multiple payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal.
How Much Does LearnDash Cost?
LearnDash starts at $159.
18. Smush (Free)
Images tend to take up the majority of your website’s page weight. And, without image optimization (for speed and performance) your loading times will suffer. Smush, the best WordPress image optimization plugin, takes the hassle out of optimizing your site’s images by doing it automatically for you anytime you upload a new image to your Media Library.
- Automated Optimization —This WordPress free plugin resizes, optimizes, and compresses all of your images automatically.
- No Quality Loss — Does it all without sacrificing image quality, so your website performs at optimal speeds and continues to rank high in search results.
- Uses Their Servers —Smush servers do the work, not yours, reducing the additional strain and resource use.
How Much Does Smush Cost?
19. Better Click to Tweet (Free)
Better Click to Tweet gives you a chance to create tweetable content for your site visitors to tweet out. Using a simple shortcode, or the Visual Editor button, just add your text to the code that displays. Then, on the frontend of your site, users will see your quote and have the chance to click on it to tweet it to all their own Twitter followers
- Expose Your Content — A great way to promote your content and brand to a broader audience in a simple way.
- Engage Readers — Turn a passive audience fans by encouraging brand engagement.
- Get More Followers — Set up the tweets to tag your brand and watch the followers pour in as people share your content.
How Much Does Better Click to Tweet Cost?
20. Instagram Feed (Free)
People are visual by nature. And if the kind of website you have relies on stunning imagery and social media platforms like Instagram, you’re in luck with the free plugin Instagram Feed.
- Display Other’s Instagram Photos — Works with any non-private Instagram account directly on your website, so you can use images from other accounts that will inspire your readers.
- Show Your Own Photos — Use your own social media account to direct website traffic to your social media account.
- Feed Layout Options —Display photos on a single feed or separate them into multiple ones.
- Mobile-friendly — Your Instagram feeds will always look good on mobile devices.
- Customization — Feeds can be customized using shortcodes, and can display thumbnail, medium sized, or full-sized photos.
- CTA Button — Show a “Follow on Instagram” button on your website to expand your reach.
How Much Does Instagram Feed Cost?
21. Envira Gallery (Free)
The best WordPress gallery plugin is Envira Gallery, a free plugin that’s both user-friendly and powerful. You’ll want to make sure to grab this plugin if you’re displaying lots of images on your website. You can add metadata, deeplinks, and pagination to your galleries for easier site navigation and a better user experience.
- Easy to Use — Create responsive photo and video galleries with ease using the drag and drop photo gallery builder that lets you upload your images, rearrange them how you want, and publish them to your site within minutes.
- Advanced Tools — You can use Envira Gallery Pro for even more awesome features.
- Integrations with eCommerce — Sell on the popular WooCommerce platform as a way to make more money online.
- Lightning-fast — Optimized for speed and SEO.
- Mobile-friendly — Works great on mobile devices so all site visitors can view your images perfectly.
- Social Media Integrations — Share photos using the social sharing integrations.
How Much Does Envira Gallery Cost?
Because it’s so powerful and intuitive, Soliloquy is the best WordPress slider plugin around. This awesome plugin lets you make beautiful sliders that tell the story of your website and business, without writing a line of code.
- Easy to Use — It’s got a drag and drop builder for easy set up.
- Pre-built Templates — You won’t have to start from scratch with their pre-built sliders.
- Integration with eCommerce — Works great with WooCommerce so you can add it to your online store.
How Much Does Soliloquy Cost?
Soliloquy starts at $19.
- Easy to Use — It’s a popular choice for image optimization plugins since it’s so convenient to use.
- Fast — The tool processes images in real-time, automatically.
- Cloud-based — Won’t put unnecessary strain on your server.
- Intelligent and Intuitive — uses lazy loading to display images when the user scrolls to them, and not before.
- Watermarks — Ability to add custom watermarks to your photos to protect your content.
How Much Does Optimole Cost?
There’s a limited free version and paid plans start at $9/month.
24. Print, PDF, Email by PrintFriendly (Free)
- Make Content Easy to Share/Download — Users can view content in PDF form, print content in user-friendly formats, and even share content via email.
- Won’t Waste Space — Your site’s content is not stored on your servers. Instead it’s permanently deleted after your user has time to download the file.
- Custom Branding — You can brand your printed content and PDFs with copyright information, customize the buttons, and include custom headers and footers.
How Much Does Print, PDF, Email by PrintFriendly Cost?
25. TablePress (Free)
The best WordPress table plugin is TablePress, an impressive free plugin that rakes in tons of 5 stars on 1,000s of reviews and testimonials in the WordPress plugins directory.
- Easy to Use — Create and manage beautiful tables that you can embed into posts, pages, and text widgets, all with a simple shortcode.
- Flexible — You can enter any type of data you want, from a simple list to a pricing table with formulas that will be automatically evaluated.
- Import/Export — Works with all tables to/from Excel, CSV, HTML, and JSON files.
- Sorting + Filtering — Access the library for functionality like sorting, pagination, and filtering so site visitors can view your tables with ease.
How Much Does TablePress Cost?
26. WP RSS Aggregator (Free)
If you’re looking for the best WordPress autoblog plugin, you’ll want to check out the WP RSS Aggregator plugin. An Autoblog, or an automated blog, is a website that automatically pulls content from other websites using RSS feeds.
- Automated Fresh Content — You can pull things like blog posts, job listings, podcasts, and YouTube videos from places like news sites and display fresh content on your site, all automatically.
- Easy to Use — Known for having great support and being easy to use.
- Great Pro Version — This plugin offers a premium version with extensions to help you with things like keyword filtering so you can customize your feed to your audience.
How Much Does WP RSS Aggregator Cost?
27. Lazy Load by WP Rocket (Free)
The speed of your website is crucial to the user experience and your Google search rankings. With Lazy Load by WP Rocket, your site’s images will only load when they become visible to site visitors.
- Improves Speed — Reduces the number of HTTP requests that are made and improves your page load times.
- Flexible — This free plugin works on thumbnails, post content, avatars, and iFrame images.
- Lightweight — The plugin itself is super lightweight so it doesn’t affect your site’s speed and performance either.
How Much Does Lazy Load Cost?
28. Shared Counts (Free)
Shared Counts is a fantastic social sharing button that lets you use a simple shortcode to insert share buttons either before or after post content. It’s a must-have on any blog that wants to cash in on a viral post.
- Preserves Social Counts — As you make the switch from HTTP to HTTPS to avoid being flagged by Google as “Not Secure,” Social Counts preserves your social share counts so you never lose your stats.
- NewShareCount API — Supports share counts for a ton of social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
How Much Does Shared Counts Cost?
Be sure to check out our post on the best managed WordPress hosting services around.
29. Insert Headers and Footers (Free)
Sometimes you need to add code into your site’s header and footer section to enable certain functionality like Google Analytics tracking or custom CSS. And, while some people are technically advanced enough to know how to change their theme’s files, not everyone knows how to, or wants to take that risk. That’s where Insert Headers and Footers comes in.
- Easy to Use — Insert scripts into the plugin’s simple interface and let it plugin do the rest for you. You’ll never have to worry about messing up your theme’s code and breaking your site again.
How Much Does insert Headers and Footers Cost?
30. Simple Author Box (Free)
If you want an easy way to display an author profile at the end of your website’s posts, consider using the Simple Author Box plugin.
- Writer Profiles — Show a mobile-friendly author name, gravatar, and description so site visitors can get to know who’s writing your killer content.
- Social Icons — Add some of the 30+ social icons to your site so visitors can easily visit the social media profiles of authors they want to connect with and follow.
- Customization — Customize the author box to match your website’s design.
- Better User Experience — The plugin comes with both RTL and AMP support for a better user experience.
How Much Does Simple Author Box Cost?
Are you a writer or author? Check out this great guide to the best WordPress themes for authors or writers.
31. Duplicator (Free)
Moving your WordPress website from one location to another can be very difficult, even for those with experience. Luckily, Duplicator makes migrating, copying, moving, or cloning a site from one location to another super simple. Not to mention, this free plugin acts as a backup solution too.
- Duplication — You can easily duplicate a live or staged site for use elsewhere, which streamlines site development, especially for those who create multiple sites for clients.
- No Downtime — Duplicator boasts zero downtime while you move, migrate, or clone a WordPress site between domains or hosts.
- Easy to Use — Makes pulling a live site to a staging environment easy, and moving it back just as easy.
How Much Does Duplicator Cost?
32. Shortcodes Ultimate (Free)
Many WordPress themes come with built-in custom shortcodes to extend the design and functionality of your website. But sometimes, you want something that just isn’t there. Enter the best WordPress shortcodes plugin Shortcodes Ultimate — All that control over how your website looks makes Shortcodes Ultimate one of the best WordPress plugins for design.
- Flexible — Access a comprehensive list of visual and functional shortcodes that can be used in the post editor, text widgets, and even template files.
- Customizable — Create tabs, buttons, boxes, sliders, and so much more with the one-click shortcode generator preview panel. Customize your shortcode to meet your needs before adding it to your site.
- Mobile-friendly — This free WordPress plugin is mobile responsive.
- Multilingual — Translates into 9 languages.
- Compatibility — Works with any WordPress theme.
How Much Does Shortcodes Ultimate Cost?
33. Broken Link Checker (Free)
Internal and external links get broken from time to time. But having broken links on your website is not only bad for SEO, it also hurts the user experience. Broken Link Checker actively monitors your website for broken links, and immediately notifies you if it finds any so you can fix them.
- Automated Scans — Checks your posts, pages, comments, blog, and even custom fields, one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs since content-heavy sites can contain a lot of links.
- Intuitive — Broken Link Checker also detects links that don’t work on images, which is also important when it comes to image searches.
- Notifications — Manage notifications via email or in the WordPress dashboard
- Control Search Engine Behavior — Prevent search engines from following broken links, and even search and filter links by URL, making your job so much easier.
How Much Does Broken Link Checker Cost?
34. Easy Google Fonts (Free)
If your WordPress theme doesn’t come with the Google Fonts you want, you can always use the Easy Google Fonts plugin. With it, you take control of your website’s typography.
- Easy to Use — This free plugin integrates with your WordPress Customizer, so accessing the 600+ fonts is easy to do.
- Preview Changes — See your font changes in real-time.
- Use Stylesheets — Create your own font controls and rules and automatically pull in stylesheets, all without any coding or editing of the main stylesheet. So when your theme updates, you don’t lose your custom work.
How Much Does Easy Google Fonts Cost?
35. Really Simple SSL (Free)
There are plenty of free SSL certificates available, but moving your entire site to HTTPS to a void the “Not Secure” warnings Google is adding to all non-secure websites can be tough if you’re not sure what you’re doing. The good news is you can use the best WordPress SSL plugin, Really Simple SSL, for free.
- Automatic Redirection — This 1-click solution redirects and updates all old URLs to reflect the change to a secure site.
- Easy to Use — Handles everything that comes with migrating your site to HTTPS.
- Won’t Slow You Down — It’s a super lightweight plugin.
How Much Does Really Simple SSL Cost?
36. Autoptimize (Free)
Autoptimize works great with your caching solution to speed up your site. Using it can help your site’s speed increase dramatically, which in turn helps with SEO, driving traffic to your site, and boosting conversions and sales.
- Condenses — Helps with minifying, which means it removes any unnecessary characters from your site’s code, and concatenation, which means it combines multiple separate files into one.
How Much Does Autoptimize Cost?
37. Login Lockdown (Free)
You should know by now that using a strong username and password combo is important to your WordPress site’s security. But there are more steps you can take to help secure your site’s data. Try using Login Lockdown, the best WordPress login plugin that Limits the number of login attempts a user can make while trying to log into your site.
- Restricts Multiple Attempts — After 3 incorrect attempts within 5 minutes, your site will automatically lock the user out of your website for one hour.
- Keeps Track — Records the IP address and timestamp of every failed login attempt.
How Much Does Login Lockdown Cost?
38. WordPress Importer (Free)
Another one of the best free WordPress plugins is WordPress Importer. If you find yourself needing to import content from a WordPress export file, such as demo content for a new WordPress theme, WordPress Importer is the way to go.
- Imports All Content — This free tool (and the best WordPress site import plugin) will import posts, pages, custom post types, comments, custom fields, categories, tags, and even authors.
- Easy to Use — All you have to do is run the importer, upload the files you want to import, and click Import.
How Much Does WordPress Importer Cost?
39. Disable Comments (Free)
Here’s a great secret weapon you’ll find on a lot of lists of the best free WordPress plugins. Because comment spamming can be annoying, so some website owners don’t want a comment section enabled on their website. WordPress will let you disable certain comments on certain parts of your website, but the Disable Comments plugin gets rid of all comments on your entire website.
- Disables Comments — Like the name of the plugin, it lets you turn off commenting for your whole website.
- Works on Fields — Remove all comment-related fields from edit and quick-edit screens.
- Flexible — You can also get rid of comment-related items on your WordPress dashboard, in widgets, and in the Admin Menu and Admin Bar.
- Multi-site Compatible — Works across multiple sites.
How Much Does Disable Comments Cost?
40. WP-Optimize (Free)
The easy-to-use WP-Optimize helps optimize your WordPress website for speed and performance by cleaning up the “insides” of your website, so we included it on this list of the best free WordPress plugins. This means removing unnecessary data that is piling up in your site’s database to make more room, reduce the strain on your server, and increase your site’s speed.
- Total Site Cleanup — Get rid of spam comments, pingbacks/trackbacks, and any other stale data that’s sitting around.
- Flexible Control — Schedule automatic clean ups, control which optimizations you run, and even trigger an automatic site backup if you use the UpdraftPlus backup solution.
- Responsive — This free plugin is 100% mobile-friendly.
- Multilingual — Can be translated into several languages.
How Much Does WP-Optimize Cost?
41. The Events Calendar (Free)
The Events Calendar, the best WordPress event calendar plugin, makes creating and managing a frontend calendar for your site visitors super simple. It works right out of the box and only takes a few configurations to match your site’s unique needs. This plugin will easily become one of the best WordPress widgets on your site.
- Easy to Use — Quickly add new events, display a calendar view with tooltips, and allow for saved venues and organizers.
- Maps — Use the built-in Google Maps feature so people know how to get to your event.
- Easy Export — Export events to Google Calendar and iCal
- Widgetized — Add a widget to your site and display upcoming events.
- Optimized for Speed — Don’t worry about slowing down your site since the plugin has built-in caching support.
How Much Does The Events Calendar Cost?
Want people be register for an event you’re hosting? Head over to our article on how to build a WordPress event registration form.
42. Editorial Calendar (Free)
Your content marketing strategy is the key to consistently publishing valuable content for your site visitors. And one of the best ways to organize your website’s content is using the best WordPress editorial plugin, Editorial Calendar. With this plugin, you can make sure posts are getting published on time so your website is continually churning out posts that will drive traffic, boost conversions, and increase sales.
- Visual Calendar — See all posts and when they’re scheduled to go live.
- Modern Organization — Drag and drop post to reorganize due dates on the calendar, quick edit post title, content, and publish times, and even manage posts for multiple authors.
How Much Does Editorial Calendar Cost?
43. Code Snippets (Free)
If you want to add code snippets to your WordPress website, without having to mess with your site’s functions.php file or worry about breaking your site, Code Snippets is the best solution.
- Add New Code Snippets Easily — This plugin works out of the box and you won’t lose your snippets if you change WordPress themes. And once added, they’ll have custom titles and descriptions.
- Fast — Once you save a snippet, it automatically becomes active on your site.
- Transfers to New Servers — If you want to move your website to another server, you can use the built-in import tool and transfer all your snippets along with your website.
How Much Does Code Snippets Cost?
44. Redirection (Free)
Need to redirect some URLs on your site? Redirection, the best WordPress redirection plugin, is a good choice since it rakes in over 1 million active installs. No matter how many URLs you need to change, this free plugin can help, all without having any technical knowledge.
- Simple — You can easily control 301 redirects, track 404 errors on your site, and make sure the user experience on your website is exceptional.
- Multiple Redirect Options — Redirect based on login status, browser, referrer, cookies settings, IP address, and more.
- Redirection Management — Manage the redirects from the backend of your site so you know how many are happening at any given time.
- Page Audits — With Redirection you can also see which posts and pages aren’t loading right so you can fix them right away, preventing site visitor frustration.
How Much Does Redirection Cost?
45. Advanced Custom Fields (Free)
After having used WordPress for some time, you may discover that sometimes it doesn’t have the built-in flexibility you need to create specific functions. Luckily, with a free WordPress plugin like Advanced Custom Fields, you can do just that.
- Custom Field Creator — Create custom fields (30 different field types to be exact) for practically any part of your website, including posts, WordPress users, media, comments, and custom pages.
- Great Docs— Although it has a simple interface, the plugin can be a little tricky when you’re first using it, so they include lots of documentation to help you get started.
How Much Does Advanced Custom Fields Cost?
46. Enable Media Replace (Free)
Have you ever wanted to replace an image in your Media Library without having to delete the old image, rename the new file, and upload it to your site? The good news is, with Enable Media Replace you can.
- Easy to Use — With this cool WordPress plugin, all you have to do is either replace the old file with a new one.
- Fast — The plugin is incredibly lightweight
How Much Does Enable Media Replace Cost?
Be sure to check out our hand-picked list of the best file upload plugins for your website.
47. UpdraftPlus (Free)
There’s nothing worse than losing all your site’s content to a hacker, server crash, or other website malfunction. That’s why using a free auto-backup solution like UpdraftPlus is so important. And it’s on our list because it’s simply the best WordPress backup plugin around.
- Automated Backups — Schedule an automatic WordPress backup of your website’s files and WordPress database.
- Cloud Storage — Store your backups in a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3.
- Instant Restore — Restore your website instantly using a one-click restore button if something happens.
How Much Does UpdraftPlus Cost?
48. WP Call Button (Free)
WP Call Button is one of the best free WordPress plugins because it lets you easily add a Click to Call button your WordPress site. It’s a great way to get more leads and close deals fast. Some people still prefer to speak to someone on the phone, so it’s great to give them the option.
- 100% Responsive — Mobile-friendly and looks great on any device.
- Simple — You can easily add a great-looking call now button without having to know any code.
- Lightweight — Optimized for speed and SEO.
How Much Does WP Call Button Cost?
If you regularly add product reviews to your online store, you’ll love the WP Product Review plugin.
- Easy Import — You can save yourself major time by automatically getting the product name, image, price, and affiliate link right from Amazon.
- Tables — Automatically generation and customize comparison tables with the data from previous reviews.
How Much Does WP Product Review Cost?
Pricing for WP Product Review starts at $59/year or a one-time payment of $236.
Final Thoughts on the Best Free WordPress Plugins
And there you have it! Now you know the best free WordPress plugins for your website. We hope this list helps you make improvements to your site and achieve your business goals.
And if you’re looking for plugins for membership sites, be sure to check out our post on the best WordPress membership plugins compared.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.