Looking for the best live chat software for your website?
Live chat software can explode your sales and increase customer satisfaction. In this guide, we’ve rounded up the best live chat software for WordPress sites.
Why Is Live Chat Important?
According to consumers, live chat is the preferred customer service method over email and business phone. When live chat is available on your website, reports of positive user experiences skyrocket. Here are the top reasons why consumers love live chat and why they think it’s so important for you to offer it on your website:
- To get questions answered immediately
- Ability to ask questions and multi-task
- It’s an efficient way to get customer support
- Consumers don’t like talking on the phone
- Better information than through emails/phone calls
- Can be done at work without disrupting coworkers by making a phone call
- They’re in control of the conversation
So as you can see, consumers love and really want to ability to use live chat. And it’s important to note that live chat has a significant impact on online sales and marketing.
So does live chat increase conversions? Absolutely.
Most importantly, the greatest live chat tools lets customers get instant answers from your brand without ever leaving your site. A positive live chat experience can easily help convince customers to make a purchase and so business with you again in the future.
Want to work on your site behind the scenes? Check out our list of the best WordPress coming soon plugins and themes.
How Do I Add Live Chat to My WordPress Site?
Asking yourself how do I set up live chat? It’s way simpler than you may think, especially with all the modern live chat software providers out there.
A live chat tool is incredibly easy to add to your website. In most cases, you can add it to your website by using a live chat website plugin. For details on how that works, check out this great post on our sister site on how to install a WordPress plugin.
So now that you know how easy it is to add live chat software to your WordPress site, let’s take a look at the greatest live chat software on the market.
Which Is The Best Live Chat Software For Your Website?
So, which is the best online chat? There’s a ton of tools for online chat conversations, so it’s easy to get overwhelmed with your choices. Here are our top picks, their features, and their cost:
When it comes to live chat software, LiveChat is hands-down the industry leader.
- Beautifully designed live chat support apps to add a chat box to your site
- Mobile-responsive so you and your agents can chat with customers on your laptops, tablets, and mobile devices
- Ability to add evaluation surveys before and after the live chat session
- Integrates with tons of other tools including email marketing services and other marketing automation software
- Lightning-fast loading time for a fantastic user experience
LiveChat pricing starts at $16 per month/per logged in agent (billed annually).
They offer a 14-day free trial.
Click here to get started with LiveChat now.
Sendinblue is a powerful yet beginner-friendly live chat service that’s simple to install.
- Built-in email marketing integration
- Social media retargeting for Facebook ads
- Complete marketing automation with email marketing, CRM, SMS, landing pages, and more
- Incredibly easy to use
- Workflow organization to keep your team on top of things
The Sendinblue chat feature pricing starts at around $44 per month/10 team members (billed annually).
Click here to start using Sendinblue today.
Olark is another one of the best live chat solutions for websites and it’s also incredibly easy to use (and very popular).
- Gives you a choice between a plugin or a simple code snippet install
- Integrates into Zendesk, HubSpot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Slack, and more
- Chat with customers from anywhere by using 3rd-party mobile apps to connect to mobile devices
- Proactive chats let you monitor live visitors on your site and reach out to them before they even touch the live chat window
- Real-time reporting on things like chat volume, which agents are handling the most chats, and how your website visitors are rating their experience
Olark pricing starts at $15 per month/per agent (billed annually).
They offer a 14-day free trial.
SnapEngage is one of the pricier live chat solutions on our list but offers some unique features to justify that cost, so it might work perfect for you depending on your online business needs.
- Call back requests
- Automated chat invitations from the chat box
- Customizable chat widgets for professional-looking site branding
- SMS to Chat feature so agents can communicate via text
- Help your customers across multiple channels like Twitter, SMS, Facebook, WeChat, and more
SnapEngage pricing starts at $16 per month/per user (minimum 3 users, billed annually).
They also offer a 7-day free trial.
Another fantastic and popular choice in the world of live chat software for your website is Freshchat. It’s a modern tool designed to function as a conversion-boosting messenger and conversational marketing app.
- Choose between real-time chats with agents or AI-powered bots for automated conversations
- Customer timeline views to see the history of visitors with live profiles
- Lets your support team connect chats to tickets via Zendesk or Slack
- Offers desktop notifications so your team can stay alert and productive while responding to customers quickly
Freshchat pricing starts at $15 per month/per agent (billed annually).
They offer a limited free plan and a 30-day free trial.
Smartsupp is a simple and straightforward solution that may be best for those looking for an affordable live chat service.
- Track and record user sessions to pin-point what’s stopping people from purchasing
- Works with WordPress, Shopify, Magento, OpenCart, Webnode, and more
- Customize the look of the chat to match your company colors
- Add personal photos of your agents to show customers there are real humans behind your business online
- The only live chat software offering video recordings of your site visitors
Smartsupp pricing starts at $10 per month/per agent (billed annually).
They offer a free plan for up to 3 agents, as well as a free trial.
7. Pure Chat
Pure Chat is another good alternative if you’re looking for limited features on a free plan, or a paid plan with lots of features so you can grow with your chat software as your business starts to make more money online.
- Mobile apps so that you can stay connected with your customer on the go
- Customers have the option to send you email messages when your team is offline
- Pre-chat forms helps you collect user information (like issues or email addresses) before the conversation begins for a great user experience
Pure Chat pricing starts at $79 per month (billed annually).
They offer a robust free option as well with unlimited chat history.
Chaport is easily the most affordable solution on this list of the best live chat software, so if saving money is your top priority, this one is definitely worth checking out.
- Free version covers most basic requirements
- Live chat support apps for mobile devices
- Gorgeous multi-language chat widgets
- Analytics and reporting
- Integrations with tons of other services via Zapier
Chaport pricing starts at $9.80 per month/per agent (billed annually).
They offer a free version for up to 5 agents, and a 14-day trial for their paid plans.
Knowledge (and data) is power! Make sure to take a peek at our post of crazy digital marketing statistics that could help you grow your business and website.
9. Zendesk Chat
Zendesk is well known as a help desk support software, but they’ve recently acquired an existing live chat company to enter the live chat market with Zendesk Chat.
- Integrated with industry leading support desk software (Zendesk)
- In-depth analytics
- AI-powered chatbots
- Stunning templates and customization options
Zendesk Chat pricing starts at $14 per month/per agent (billed annually).
They also offer a free trial of their highest tier plan (Enterprise).
LivePerson is possibly the most well-known live chat software out there since it’s been around for awhile and is quite established in the market. It’s a great pick for chat solutions for a business that’s operating on an enterprise level.
- Robust and full of features
- Engage with customers via multiple channels including a website chat box, Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS, and more
- Create automated conversation flows for easy chat conversations
- Targeted toward medium to large business
LivePerson monthly pricing is negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Intercom is a complete support software suite that includes live chat functionality. If you’re looking for a live chat software as well as a total support software (and can afford the price tag), Intercom‘s many features are a good bet for your business.
- Live chat widgets
- Automation for flows
- AI-powered Chatbots
- Many integrations with services like Slack, Google Analytics, and more
Intercom’s pricing starts at $87 per month.
They offer a 14-day free trial.
Best Live Chat Software: Winner
Both are at the top of our live chat software list since they are affordable, offer a fantastic user experience, and integrate with other software.
So there you have it. We hope this list of the best live chat software for WordPress helped you find the solution that works best for you and your business.
With all the new customers you’ll have with your live chat software, you’ll need a way to reach out to them. Check out our guide on the best email marketing services.