Are you looking for the best CRM software systems that help small businesses manage leads and contacts?
Maintaining relationships with people that show interest in your business, as well as people who are established customers, is a great way to grow your business.
In this article, we’ll look at the top CRM systems out there so you can find one to help you increase sales and productivity.
Here’s a table of contents to help you navigate this list:
Why Do Small Businesses Use CRM Software?
When it comes to running a small business effectively, the most important goal should be boosting sales and strengthening relationships with your customers.
To do this, you’ll need a CRM, or customer relationship management tool. A CRM is a management software that allows you to store, organize, and manage your lead and customer information in one place. A good CRM solution also gives you insight into your business’ history with each customer.
The best CRM software products will store contact information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, and any correspondence you’ve had with your customer.
For example, your CRM notes may have emails, invoices, and a sales pipeline so you can continue to build relationships with leads and nurture existing customer relationships.
In addition, a CRM will help your sales teams by working as a task management tool to help their overall sales process.
Having a CRM helps your reps stay in touch with those that are most likely to buy from you. They also help your entire sales team access data in real time and stay up to date on where in the customer journey each lead is.
What to Look for in the Best CRM Software
Before deciding which the best CRM to use for your small business is, check out some key features to look for:
- Cloud Based Client Management: your entire team needs to be able to access your CRM solution from any device they’re working on in real-time.
- Pipeline Management: if your business has a sales team, it’s important to be able to control the data that is accessed and shared. It’s also important you have a process in place to lead people from lead to conversion without forgetting any steps, such as sending out automatic emails based on behavior, making follow up phone calls, and offering free trials.
- Contact Profiles: each lead that shows interest in your business should have their own profile, complete with name, email address, phone number, and even social media links. This way you can easily get in touch with your contacts whenever you need to. It also serves as a way to identify whether they fit your buyer persona or not.
Now that you know why you need a CRM and what to look for in one, let’s check out the best CRM software for your small business.
Best CRM Software for Small Business
Let’s go ahead and dive into our top picks for the top CRM software for small businesses.
1. HubSpot CRM
HubSpot CRM is a completely free CRM small business solution that helps you organize, track, and nurture leads and customers. It seeks to automate tasks your sales team doesn’t like, record all customer interactions, and make pipeline management a cinch by speeding up the sales process for your entire team.
In the HubSpot CRM dashboard, you can access every contact and their personal information in one convenient location. And adding contacts to your HubSpot CRM is easy to do with WPForms and our Zapier addon.
Additional features found in the HubSpot CRM include:
- Send personalized email sequences to leads and existing customers
- Place phone calls from within the CRM
- Get real-time notifications regarding lead behavior
- Access the communal data dashboard
- Integrate with popular apps like Salesforce, Shopify, and Microsoft Dynamics
Anyone can use HubSpot as a free CRM software for small business…forever.
2. Drip (eCommerce)
Drip is more than just one of the best email marketing providers out there. It’s also an insanely power ECRM (eCommerce). On top all of the amazing functions for emailing marketing, it also helps automate your sales process through workflows.
Just imagine being able to use one of the best CRM software tools that doesn’t just integrate with your email marketing service, it can handle email marketing for you as well. Drip offers the unique feature of automated customer workflows that trigger specific actions. Including split testing workflows.
And just because the tools are more powerful doesn’t mean it’s not easy to use, either. In other words, this complete marketing automation software is great for beginners. Plus, it has a sleek and modern user interface.
Some of Drip’s most impressive features include:
- Intuitive visual workflow builder for automation workflows
- A/B testing to find out when/how your users engage with your messages
- Sends texts
- 10 built-in reports on your WordPress dashboard with easy export
- Split testing workflows
- Connects with Facebook Lead Ads and Custom Audiences
- Advanced subscriber management
- Landing page integrations
- Lead generation workflows to help tap into Facebook and Instagram’s huge user base.
Drip’s Basic plan starts at $49/month for unlimited emails and up to 2,500 subscribers. In addition, there’s a 14-day trial available.
Constant Contact is a great choice if you want a CRM that can work as an email marketing service and also has great support. It’s super simple to use which helps save busy small business owners lots of much needed time. They’re known across the CRM and email marketing industry as having an amazing customer support team.
It lets you easily store contacts, manage customer information, send emails, and track customer activity all from your dashboard.
On top of that, Constant Contact is the email marketing service that comes already built-in to the WPForms plugin. You can easily add a Constant Contact checkbox to any WordPress form on your site.
Some of the greatest features of Constant Contact are:
- Powerful eCommerce CRM tools to help you capture, engage, and convert your leads into customers
- Extremely easy to use to view simple reports, schedule emails, and create sales funnels
- Keep track of leads and customers by storing their social media profiles, company info, notes and more
- Automatically send personalized emails to visitors based on their behavior
- Tons of integrations with 3rd-party apps to help you even further with marketing automation
- Built-in heat tracking lets you see exactly where your readers are clicking
- View previous email campaigns and tag engaged users to follow-up with
Constant Contact’s pricing is based on the number of contacts you have and it starts at $20/month. However, if you want to add multiple team members then you will need their Plus plan which starts at $45/month. Also, they offer a 60-day free trial and it doesn’t require a credit card.
Another popular tool on our list of the best CRM software for small business is Zoho CRM. Zoho is a powerful cloud based suite of software designed to help you run your small business with ease. It comes with a robust set of features centering around sales and marketing and includes things like online productivity tools and SaaS applications.
Zoho’s primary goal is to help small businesses manage sales, market their brand, organize leads and contacts, offer customer support, and more. Capture leads through social media, integrate with our WPForms plugin, segment visitors, and utilize the built-in live chat system.
Here are the best features of Zoho CRM:
- Multichannel management through email, phone, live chat, and social media
- AI voice assistant for forecasting business trends and creating intelligent dashboards
- Detailed analytics reports for making data-driven decisions
- Mobile apps for accessing your CRM on the go
- Team collaboration tools
- IT management for monitoring websites and handling support tickets
- Built-in security measures for keeping data safe and assigning team roles
Zoho CRM has a free plan available for up to 3 users.
If you’re interested in Zoho’s premium plans, you can sign up for a 15-day free trial. After that, plans start at $12/user/month.
Salesforce is probably the biggest and best CRM software for small business. That said, they cater to businesses of all sizes, including small businesses trying to succeed. If you’re looking to close more deals, increase productivity, and fill your pipeline with high-quality leads, Salesforce is a great option.
To start, capture leads from WordPress to Salesforce using WPForms. From there, guide leads through a personalized customer journey, utilize the intelligent marketing platform for emails, mobile, social media, and digital advertising, and use one of their unified eCommerce platforms to drive more sales.
Take a look at some more of Salesforce’s features:
- Guided onboarding and setup
- Customized dashboards and reports
- Social media and email support
- eCommerce capability on all devices
- Advanced contact manager including email integrations and follow-up reminders
Salesforce has a very simple free plan for 1 user, which lands it on our list of the best CRM software for small business.
Plans start at $25/month per user for the Salesforce Essentials plan.
Pipedrive is a sales management tool that helps small businesses manage the sales process after collecting leads with our Zapier addon. It’s designed to boost sales without being too complicated to use, so it’s very easy to set up and learn.
Automate responsibilities so you stop wasting time on low value tasks, streamline sales and marketing management using one unified tool, and view your business’ pipeline visually to manage sales.
More features offered by Pipedrive include:
- Reminder emails and mobile alerts
- Integrate with Google apps, Trello, Zapier, and more
- Email integrations so all sales communication is one place
- Forecast future sales and analyze current sales with detailed analytics
- Drag and drop tasks as customers follow the sales funnel
You can try Pipedrive for free to see how you like it. After that, plans start at $12.50/month per user for the Silver plan.
Freshsales CRM is known by a lot of small business owners as the very best and most robust CRM software around. Find the best sales leads based on buying signals and behavior, have deeper conversations with those leads to drive them buy, and manage the overall sales pipeline by tracking the progress of your deals, assigning tasks, and sending automated emails. Plus, make one-click business phone calls from within the CRM without additional costs.
A CRM software’s main goal is to manage customer relations, and Freshsales lets you do just that. For instance, it helps you eliminate bottlenecks in the sales process, open up more business opportunities, and gain your customers’ loyalty so they’ll become repeat buyers.
Freshsales comes with more features to help your small business such as:
- Total access to customer profiles, complete with customer touchpoints
- Lead scoring for prioritizing leads and boosting sales
- Sales team grouping according to territory and automatic lead assignments
- Visual sales pipeline with a drag and drop navigation for identifying business opportunities
- Mobile app integration for managing your business on the go
Freshsales comes with a 30-day free trial. After that, plans start at $12/month per user.
Choosing the Best CRM Software for Your Small Business
If you’re looking for a lightweight CRM solution that focuses solely on sales activity to grow business, Pipedrive is the CRM for you. It comes with an easy to visualize pipeline, automates repetitive tasks, and integrates with your email marketing service so collecting leads is easy to do.
That said, if you want a more robust platform, your best bet will be either Salesforce or Freshsales. Salesforce has social media integrations to help capture leads and lets you sell through multiple channels to make more money online. Freshsales lets you manage customer relations and your sales team at the same time for maximum results. Utilize their built-in lead scoring, manage on the go, and even segment your sales team to find the best business opportunities.
If you’re on a limited budget, but need a CRM software to help generate leads and nurture customer relationships, HubSpot CRM is for you. Get real time notifications, make calls from within the CRM, and even send personalized email sequences based on user behavior.
And for those who need a little more than the free HubSpot CRM solution, there’s always Zoho. Built-in security measures, IT support, and multichannel management all help you to grow your business in an affordable way.
Expert Tip: Capture Leads For Your CRM
Once you decide which CRM you want to use for your small business, it’s time to start importing leads you capture from your WordPress forms.
We recommend WPForms for capturing leads. With WPForms, you can customize your lead generation forms in under five minutes and collect all the information you want so you can guide them further down the sales pipeline.
Since it’s easy enough for beginners to use, thanks to the drag and drop form builder, generating leads and sending them right to your CRM requires only a few clicks and our Zapier addon.
We hope this roundup of the best CRM software for your small business helps you decide which one works for you.
If you need more tools for capturing leads, check out this helpful article on WordPress lead generation plugins to grow your email list. And for help with boosting form conversions, find out how to create a distraction free, dedicated form landing page in WordPress.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.