Are you looking for a distraction free way to display online forms on your WordPress website?
Creating a dedicated landing page in WordPress with a form on it is a great way to save time, generate more leads, and boost form conversions.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create a landing page in WordPress with a form.
Here’s a table of contents if you’d like to jump ahead in this tutorial:
- Create a New Form in WordPress
- Install and Activate the Form Pages Addon
- Configure Your Form Settings
- Customize Form Pages Settings
What Are the Benefits of a Form Landing Page?
Having a custom form landing page has many benefits. Not to be confused with a standalone webpage, a form landing page is a page your site visitors land on from either internal or external links.
Take a look at some of the best reasons to have a form landing page on your WordPress site:
- Increase Conversions: A lot of times people don’t finish filling out online forms because there are too many distractions. Multiple offers pull site visitors away from subscribing to your email list. But if there is nothing on the page except your online form, people are more likely to sign up.
- Spread Brand Awareness: Since WPForms lets you create a custom form landing page, complete with a company logo and customized color schemes, you build more brand awareness and recognition among site visitors, which in turn will help you grow your small business.
- Better Customization: When you have a dedicated landing page, you are in control of customizing how it looks. This is much different than traditional web form layouts, which are controlled by your WordPress theme and may prevent you from customizing your form the way you want. Plus, it works great with the most popular WordPress page builder plugins.
- No Need for Separate Webpages: There will be times when you have a form for people to fill out, but don’t want to create an entirely separate WordPress page that shows up in your navigation menu. With a dedicated form landing page, you create a custom landing page with your form on it, without having to build separate webpages.
Whether your main goal is lead generation, creating a membership site, giving people an easy way to RSVP or register for events, or gauging customer loyalty with survey forms, creating a distraction free landing page for your online forms is a great idea.
Now, let’s see how to create a dedicated landing form page in WordPress.
How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress (With a Form)
Follow these steps to get a high-converting landing page on your website with a form.
Step 1: Create a New Form in WordPress
Next, you’ll need to create a new form.
You can create any number of online forms using WPForms and the Form Templates Pack addon.
For instance, you can create:
- Online race registration forms for your nonprofit organization
- Event feedback forms to find out how people felt about an event went
- Contest entry forms to boost user engagement and increase brand awareness
- Client booking forms so people can schedule appointments with you or your team
- Alumni donation forms to raise money
- Job application forms so you can encourage people to apply for open positions within your company
- And so much more
For our example, we’ll create a simple contact form. For help with how to do this, check out this easy to follow tutorial on creating a simple contact form in WordPress.
If you want to see the simple contact form template in action, head over and check out our simple contact form form demo.
You can add additional fields to your form by dragging them from the left hand panel to the right hand panel.
Then, click on the field to make any changes. You can also click on a form field and drag it to rearrange the order on your online form.
Here’s what our simple contact form looks like:
Just remember, no matter which type of online form you create, you can turn it into a dedicated form landing page.
Step 2: Install and Activate the Form Pages Addon
Once your WordPress form is ready, you’ll need to install and activate the WPForms Form Pages addon.
This addon is how you’ll be able to turn your newly created WordPress form into a custom form landing page.
To start, go to WPForms » Addons and find the one labeled Form Pages Addon.
Click Install Addon and then Activate.
The Form Pages addon is now ready to use. But first, let’s take a quick look at the general form settings you should configure before creating your custom form landing page.
Step 3: Configure Your Form Settings
There are many settings to configure once you’ve customized your form to look the way you want it to.
To start, go to Settings » General.
Here you can change things like your form’s name, description, and submit button copy.
Notifications are a great way to send an email whenever a form is submitted on your website.
Unless you disable this feature, whenever someone submits a form on your site, you’ll get a notification about it.
For help with this step, check out our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress.
If you need to send more than one notification, for example to yourself, a team member, and your site visitor, check out our step by step tutorial on how to send multiple form notifications in WordPress.
In addition, if you want to keep branding across your emails consistent, you can check out this guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
Form confirmations are messages that display to site visitors once they submit a form on your website. They let people know that their form has been processed and offer you the chance to let them know what the next steps are.
WPForms has three confirmation types:
- Message. A simple message that displays once someone submits a form on your website thanking them and letting them know what the next steps are.
- Show Page. Redirects users to another page on your website, such as a thank you page.
- Go to URL (Redirect). Sends site visitors to a different website.
If you want to display different confirmations to site visitors based on their behavior, be sure to read up on how to create conditional form confirmations.
Step 4: Customize Form Pages Settings
Now that you have your form’s general settings configured it’s time to configure your form landing page settings.
To do this, go to Settings » Form Pages in the form builder and click on the Enable Form Page Mode checkbox.
When you do this, you’ll see a bunch of settings that you can customize to set up your landing page design. Plus, they’ll be build from landing page templates, so it’ll be nice and easy.
Form Title and Message
To start, give your form a title that will display for your site visitors. This is good for letting people know what your landing page is all about. It also lets them know what action you want them to take while there.
Next, you can add a short message for your site visitors to see. This gives you a chance to add some additional information so people know what to expect when they fill out your form.
Whenever you enable form page mode, the Form Pages addon automatically creates a unique permalink for you.
You can change this permalink if you want, or leave it.
This is the URL you’ll use in email marketing campaigns, internal linking, and even social media posts when you want people to visit your custom form landing page and convert.
The next thing you can do to customize your dedicated form landing page is add a logo. Click on Upload Image and choose the image you want to add to your form landing page.
Footer Text and Branding
You have the option of adding some footer text to the bottom of your form landing page. Change the default text by either deleting it and leaving it blank, or adding your own text.
You can also remove any WPForms branding by clicking the Hide WPForms Branding checkbox.
Color Schemes and Style
One of the best things about the WPForms Form Pages addon is that you can customize your form landing page to have a color scheme that matches your company’s branding.
The color scheme you choose will determine the background color of the your form landing page and the form’s submit button.
To make things easy on you, we’ve given you several great color schemes to choose from that we know will look good no matter what. If you don’t like any of the pre-set colors, you can use the color picker and choose a custom color.
You also have two styles to pick from:
- Classic Design: displays a narrower form with square corners. The lower portion of your page’s background will be lighter than the color you choose for your color scheme.
- Modern Design: displays a wider form with rounded corners. The lower portion of your page’s background will be darker than the color use choose for your color scheme.
Once you’ve configured all your custom form landing page’s settings, you can click the Preview Form Page button near the top to see how your form will look once it’s live.
When everything is how you want it to be, click Save.
And that’s it! Your now know how to create a landing page in WordPress for your forms. When people have the URL or a link to your form landing page, they’ll be able to view it and fill it out.
If you’re looking for ways to build your online forms so they have a better chance of converting, check out this roundup of 10 simple ways to design your forms and boost conversions.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. Building a landing page with a form is super simple with WPForms Pro, plus it comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.