Do you want to easily customize your website yourself?
A WordPress page builder plugin makes it simple for even non-technical people to make and edit your own WordPress website.
In this article, we’ll compare the best drag and drop WordPress page builders to help you get started creating and managing your site quickly.
In This Article
What to Look for in a WordPress Page Builder
WordPress page builders are awesome. You can make changes to your website without any programming knowledge. So you can save your money by not hiring a web developer and do everything on your own with WordPress plugins.
The big question is how to decide which page builder is suitable for your needs. With so many free and premium plugins out there, this can be a difficult decision to make.
So, here are some of the most important features to look for before selecting a page builder plugin:
- An easy-to-use page builder that lets you quickly build or customize pages with an intuitive drag and drop interface
- Allows you to create mobile-friendly websites
- Availability of useful features like styling options, pre-built templates, and other content modules
- Customize your site with live edits and see the changes in real time
- Compatibility with your existing WordPress theme + current WordPress editor
Next, let’s answer the burning question, “what’s the best page builder for WordPress?”
The Best Drag and Drop WordPress Page Builders
Now that you know what you’re looking for, let’s get started with the list of the best drag and drop page builders for WordPress.
|Beaver Builder||$99+ for your first year; renews annually at a 40% discount||350+|
|Elementor||Free or $49+/year||100+|
|Themify Builder||Free ($39 for the addon bundle)||40+|
|Page Builder by Site Origin||Free||25+|
|Brizy||Free or $149+||400+|
|GoDaddy Website Builder||$10+/month||100+|
SeedProd is the ultimate drag and drop page builder for WordPress. It’s also the best WordPress coming soon plugin.
If you’re looking for an easy to use, fast, and powerful landing page plugin, you’ll want to check out this popular option. It will let you design and customize your website’s landing pages in seconds in a beautiful visual builder.
- A visual drag and drop builder and tons of landing page templates make building your website’s pages extremely simple, even for beginners.
- Tons of gorgeous landing page templates that convert including optin, sales, webinars, thank you pages, and more.
- Totally responsive and mobile-ready, so your website looks fantastic on all devices.
- Lots of customizable content blocks to add different things.
- Use Coming Soon pages to rank early in search engine results.
- Integrate with tons of other popular and useful WordPress plugins to make building and maintaining your landing pages insanely easy.
- And more: check out our SeedProd review for the complete feature list!
Price: Starting from at $39.50/year.
Want to see SeedProd in action? Check out our guide to making a WordPress ‘coming soon’ page.
2. Thrive Architect
Thrive Architect is a popular drag and drop page builder for WordPress users that’s truly a visual editor — meaning you get to see all your edits and changes in real time. It’s a great pick if your website is focused on getting conversions.
- Includes 325+ gorgeous landing page templates to build and customize professional-looking landing pages quickly
- Comes with customization options for buttons, countdown timers, testimonials, and lead generation forms
- A WordPress page builder focused on business websites
3. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is one of the best WordPress page builder plugins out there, and it that comes with tons of features. We love it because it’s also on our list of the best WordPress landing page plugins, and great landing pages are key to a website that converts your visitors into customers.
- Live frontend editor that allows you to customize your pages in real time
- Provides different modules including sliders, carousel galleries, social buttons, testimonials, counters, and more
- More than 30 pre-built landing and content templates
- Along with landing pages, it also comes with content templates like pricing tables, about page, services, portfolio, and team pages
- Supports the use of shortcodes and widgets, so you can easily add a WPForms subscription form using shortcode functionality and grow your email list fast
- Live demo that lets you try out all of the features
- Lets you build a WordPress popup with OptinMonster
Price: Starting from $99 for unlimited sites
The Divi builder is a popular page builder plugin created by Elegant Themes. It’s a true visual page builder that lets you create stunning pages for your website using its very user-friendly drag and drop interface, with front-end editing.
- Includes 20+ pre-designed templates to help you get started quickly
- Lets you save the layout for future use and import or export your layouts easily
- Editing within the website’s frontend, instead of opening a settings panel
- Has 46 different content elements including accordion, pricing table, audio player, call to action, buttons, and more which you can use build your small business website to whatever you like
- You can also use rows and various column types to help build
- If you have CSS knowledge, you can add custom CSS code to any element
To use the Divi builder plugin, you’ll need to purchase their yearly membership plan. But the best part is you’ll get access to all the themes and plugins of Elegant Themes with that subscription.
Price: The Divi builder starts at $89/year for unlimited sites. You can also get lifetime access for $249.
The HubSpot landing page builder gives you all the tools you need to create high converting and beautiful landing pages for your business. It comes with mobile-optimized templates that can be easily adjusted with a drag and drop editor.
- Easily create landing pages with a drag and drop builder
- Preview pages for different device sizes
- Personalize landing page content, CTAs, and forms for each visitor
- Analyze and optimize landing pages with powerful analytics
- Integrates with HubSpot’s WordPress plugin for CRM & marketing tools inside WordPress
With more than 2 million active installs, Elementor is the best option for those who are looking for a free drag and drop page builder. You can easily drag and drop elements, edit them, and preview everything in real time.
WPForms works great with Elementor and makes it easy to add an Elementor contact form and custom fields.
- 300+ element blocks that can be used to build stylish pages for your website
- Supports undo and redo functions, so you can go back to any changes that you made earlier or use revision history to check and use all your previously saved versions
- Allows you to build mobile-friendly web pages by hiding or show elements, changing font size, and reversing column order for different screen sizes like desktops, tablets, and smartphones
- Built-in maintenance mode that lets you show a coming soon or under construction page to your visitors when you’re making changes to your site
- 100+ elegantly designed landing page templates, available for almost any niche
While the free plugin offers useful options, you can always upgrade to Elementor Pro to get extra features.
Let’s take a look at some of the features of Elementor Pro:
- Customize the header and footer of your site with their theme builder
- Use over 50 premium widgets
- Build an online store using the WooCommerce Builder
- Add custom and Typekit fonts to use them on your pages
Price: Free. However, you can upgrade to Elementor Pro for $49/year for a single site.
7. Themify Builder
Themify Builder is another free page builder plugin on our list. It’s a simple yet powerful drag and drop page builder and has been built by the Themify company.
- Offers more than 40 pre-designed layouts to make your job easy
- Allows you to undo and redo any changes while editing your pages
- Copy modules from one page to another if you want to reuse a certain part of the page layout
- The Maps Pro addon lets you customize your map using 4 different map types, 40+ map styles, and unlimited location markers
- The Typewriter addon can be useful for adding your text with typing animation effects
- 25+ premium addons to extend its functionality including WooCommerce, Slider Pro, Bar Chart, Contact, and Progress Bar
Price: Free. You can purchase the Addon Bundle for $39.
8. Visual Composer
Visual Composer is one of the most popular drag and drop WordPress page builder plugins. Its user-friendly interface makes it super easy to create stunning pages for your website.
- Compatible with almost any WordPress theme and the WordPress block editor
- Works with custom post types along with your posts and pages
- Comes with some powerful design options to give you total control over your website without any coding skills. You can change backgrounds, add borders, use parallax effects, and more from the backend
- Includes flexible rows and columns to create grid layouts for your website
- Build custom header, footer, and sidebars for your site
- Includes professionally designed templates and content elements
- Support for Google Fonts
- Support for SEO plugins
- Create an online store using WooCommerce module and then add awesome live sales notifications for WooCommerce
Price: Starting from $59/year for a single site.
9. Page Builder by SiteOrigin
A wonderful free WordPress page builder to try is Page Builder by SiteOrigin. It’s very popular with over 1 million active installations because it’s free, but it can be a little complicated to use, so it’s a good choice if you’re a technical person.
- Lets you use WordPress widgets, and includes its own page building widgets
- History tool to undo/redo changes
- Layout block you can use as a WordPress editor block
- Live editing is not as comprehensive as other WordPress page builders
Another free WordPress page builder for you to check out is the Brizy builder. It’s super smart and easy to use.
- Free version includes awesome premium version tools like sliders and tabs
- Easy drag and drop interface makes it easy to create pages in seconds
- Visual editing lets you see everything that’s happening in real time
- 400+ pre-made designs included
- Animated sliders in blocks
- Lightning fast
Price: Free + a premium Pro version is available.
11. GoDaddy Website Builder
The GoDaddy Website Builder gives you full control over your website, and is much more than just a page builder. It’s helpful if you want full-service and need a domain too.
- Create a website without needing to know any coding like HTML or css
- Easily integrate an online store into your website
- Use powerful data-driven suggestions to improve your website with GoDaddy Insight
- Integrates with email marketing
- Designer-made templates are available
Price: Plans range from $10/month for basic to $25/month for eCommerce, with a 1-month free trial.
Which WordPress Page Builder Is Best?
So after comparing the above plugins, we can conclude that SeedProd is the best drag and drop page builder for WordPress. It’s compatible with all popular WordPress themes, and the visual builder is extremely user-friendly and flexible.
Because it’s also so user-friendly and the ease of use can’t be beat, we also highly recommend Divi. Especially if you’re also in need of a website theme.
However, if you’re looking for the best free page builder for WordPress, then the HubSpot page builder is probably going to be the best for your needs.
Next, Compare the Top WordPress Form Builders
We hope this article helped you to find the best page builder plugin for your WordPress site and your needs.
If you love comparison posts like these, make sure to check these others as well:
- WPForms vs Contact Form 7
- WPForms vs Wufoo Compared
- Formstack vs WPForms Compared
- WPForms vs Tableau
- WPForms vs SurveyMonkey
And if you’re not using WPForms already, get started with WPForms today! It’s the best drag and drop form plugin in the market.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get updates from our blog.