Looking for the best WordPress coming soon plugin or theme for your WordPress site?
It’s a great idea! Putting your site into WordPress coming soon mode is a fantastic way to create hype, start or keep ranking in search engine results, and build an email list before launching your website.
In this post, we’ve rounded up the best WordPress coming soon and maintenance mode plugins (and a few themes, too).
What Is a Coming Soon Plugin in WordPress?
WordPress coming soon plugins help you build a page to show visitors before the rest of your site is complete. This lets you start driving traffic to your site to grow your email list and improve SEO before you officially launch your website.
While you can create a WordPress coming soon page manually, a coming soon plugin makes it a lot easier to hide or show the page as needed. A lot of them also include handy templates to help you build your page faster.
TL;DR – What Is the Best Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Plugin?
SeedProd is the best coming soon and maintenance mode plugin for WordPress. With over 100 templates and more than 20 pre-made page element blocks, it’s super easy to make your own custom Coming Soon page.
Plus, SeedProd is GDPR compliant, integrates with the best email marketing services, and will hide the front-end of your site while you build it. It includes tons of features to help you grow your audience before your site even launches.
The Best WordPress Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Plugins
In This Article
If you’re looking for a WordPress under construction plugin, look no further.
SeedProd is the best landing page builder for WordPress. It lets you easily create maintenance mode pages and coming soon pages in WordPress for your site so you can boost SEO early, too. The social sharing buttons can help make your site or product go viral before it even launches.
After your site goes live, you can also use SeedProd to make custom landing pages for any purpose. It comes with 100+ templates and 20+ blocks that you simply drop into place and customize.
With SeedProd, you can easily build a beautiful coming soon page for your site so you can start ranking in search engine results right away.
- 100+ pro landing page templates to choose from.
- You can make any type of coming soon page or landing page using the drag and drop builder.
- All of your custom coming soon pages will be fully responsive on mobile devices.
- It lets you add a countdown timer to your site on a WordPress coming soon page so that your visitors can know exactly when your site is going live.
- Want to build your email list before launching your site? Do that easily by adding a lead generation WordPress form or subscribe form to any page with SeedProd without a form plugin. It supports many popular email marketing services and providers including Constant Contact, Drip, and ConvertKit.
- You can add beautiful fullscreen video backgrounds.
- Easily protect your forms from spam.
- Automatically hide your new website when coming soon pages are active.
- It’s compliant with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- You’ll get access to 2+ million photos to use on your pages.
- Access to excellent documentation and tutorials to help you build the perfect coming soon or maintenance mode page.
Overall, SeedProd is the best landing page plugin for WordPress. It generates the best coming soon pages, and you can also use it to make landing pages for your WordPress website after it launches.
There’s a 100% free version. Landing Page Pro starts at $79/year, and there’s a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Get started with SeedProd today!
2. Thrive Architect
Thrive Architect is another excellent page builder plugin for WordPress. It includes a Coming Soon Page mode feature to help you easily create a custom coming soon page from one of its landing page templates.
Using the drag and drop page builder, you’ll have plenty of control over how your coming soon page looks so you can put your best foot forward.
- 12 pre-built coming soon page designs and hundreds of other templates.
- Hide your site from search engines with the click of a button.
- Use alongside Thrive Leads to add a lead generation element to your Coming Soon page and start collecting user information before you even launch your site.
- Incudes tons of options for buttons, countdown timers, and more.
Thrive Architect Pricing:
Thrive Architect starts at $67 when purchased separately. You can also buy it as part of a bundle with other Thrive plugins.
3. Divi (Plugin + Theme)
Divi (plugin + theme) is one of the best WordPress coming soon and page builder plugins in the market (plus, it’s a great coming soon WordPress theme, too). It’s a drag and drop builder that lets you create beautiful WordPress coming soon pages or a WordPress maintenance mode page for your website. The visual builder gives you a better idea of what your site will look like while you’re customizing it on the backend.
- Includes 46 content modules like buttons, countdown timer, video slider, email optin, testimonials, and more to make your life easy.
- It’s completely customizable, so you can edit every part of your under construction page and see the changes live.
- Don’t want to build from scratch? Elegant Themes, the team behind the Divi plugin, also offers 8 coming soon page layouts for free. You can import the one you like and make changes to the layout using the Divi builder.
- Lots of advanced features and customization options to build your maintenance mode WordPress page.
Starts at $89/year or a $249 one-time payment. There’s no free version of Divi.
4. Elementor Maintenance Mode
Elementor is another popular drag and drop WordPress page builder that also includes its own coming soon page feature. You can put your site in maintenance mode and display a custom page to any visitors who try to access your content before you’re ready.
- All the pre-built content widgets Elementor provides, along with a simple page building experience.
- Separate coming soon and maintenance modes that tell search engines to index or ignore your site.
- 6 maintenance mode page templates and 8 coming soon page templates.
- Custom access permissions to determine who can see your site while it’s under construction.
Maintenance mode and coming soon mode are available in the free version of Elementor. However, if you want more advanced page building features, Elementor Pro starts at $59 per year.
5. CMP – Coming Soon & Maintenance
CMP is a free maintenance mode and coming soon WordPress plugin that any WordPress user would be able to navigate easily. It works perfectly on any device and is also compatible with every WordPress theme. You can easily activate the coming soon or WordPress under construction pages with a single click.
- Use images, sliders, patterns, color gradients, solid colors or even video backgrounds.
- Display social media icons on your site, even on WordPress maintenance pages.
- Insert Google Analytics code to track your site traffic.
- Offers custom subscription form to collect emails.
Apart from the above features, this plugin allows you to enable CMP only on specific pages. You can also generate a bypass URL so that some of your users can see the under-construction site.
6. Minimal Coming Soon — Coming Soon Page
Minimal Coming Soon — Coming Soon Page is a freemium WordPress under construction plugin. You can quickly configure a coming soon or launch page without any hassle.
- You can modify every part of your website including background, cover image, logo, and fonts.
- You can add custom CSS code if you’re good at CSS.
- Just like most plugins on our list, you can add a subscription box to your page for lead generation and connect it to and email marketing service like AWeber or Constant Contact to collect leads.
- On top of the great free version, this plugin’s premium version provides 90+ templates, 26 background image filters, and 47 content animations to take your coming soon page to the next level.
- The Pro version includes SEO tools you can use for analysis and optimization without an SEO plugin like Yoast.
Minimal Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode Pricing:
Free plugin with a paid option. Pricing for the premium versions starts at $79.
7. WP Maintenance Mode
WP Maintenance Mode is another free maintenance mode and coming soon WordPress plugin on our list. You can use it to easily add a coming soon page as well as a maintenance mode page. Plus, it’s SEO-friendly to help your site rank even while you’re building it.
- Lets you add a countdown timer to your under construction page so visitors can see your progress in real-time.
- Includes a coming soon page subscription form for lead generation.
- You can customize the colors, text, and background using the visual customizer.
- WP Maintenance Mode is compatible with almost every WordPress theme.
- This GDPR-ready plugin can be used on WordPress multisite installs and provides maintenance settings to each blog from the network.
WP Maintenance Mode Pricing:
Nifty is a simple and easy-to-use coming soon and WordPress under construction plugin. It allows you to set up responsive pages and thus, your site will load perfectly on desktop and mobile devices, especially if you’re using one of the top responsive themes for WordPress.
- Comes with 300+ Google Fonts.
- Use slider or solid colors as background.
- Option to add Mailchimp subscription form.
- Countdown timer included.
- Preview your coming soon or maintenance mode page as different browsers with the live preview feature.
9. Under Construction
The free Under Construction plugin lets you build a coming soon, maintenance mode, or under construction page for your WordPress site. It includes several templates so you can create your page quickly and get back to building your site.
You can easily turn maintenance mode on or off whenever you want. This plugin has also been tested with over 200 themes to make sure it will work with just about any WordPress site.
- Create your coming soon page and easily turn it on or off from your WordPress dashboard.
- The Pro version includes over 300 templates, 1 million high-resolution images, and more.
- Translation-ready for over 100 languages.
- Lets you easily add Google Analytics tracking to your under construction page.
- Lead generation optin boxes and optin popups.
- SEO-friendly options to add a page title and description.
- Set an automatic end date and time so your site goes live without you having to lift a finger.
- Easily add icons for all your favorite social networks.
- Works with caching plugins like W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, and more.
- Whitelist users and user roles to allow certain people access to your site while it’s in maintenance mode.
Under Construction Pricing:
Free plugin with a paid option. Pricing for the premium version starts at $39/year.
Best WordPress Coming Soon Themes
In addition to all the coming soon and maintenance mode plugins we’ve covered above, there are also some themes that include coming soon page templates and other features that can help you prepare your site for launch.
Here are our favorites.
While it’s not a coming soon page plugin or WordPress maintenance mode plugin, OceanWP is a lightweight, responsive, multipurpose, and free coming soon WordPress theme that’s great for small businesses. With 300,000+ active installs, it’s easy to see it’s one of the most popular themes in the WordPress theme directory. Did we mention that it’s also free to start?
- OceanWP comes with more than 70 demos to choose from, including 5 coming soon demo templates.
- You can import the demo content, widgets, and customizer settings to get started quickly.
- Provides a number of extensions like cookie notice, popup login, and social sharing to enhance its functionality.
- It’s compatible with some of the best drag and drop page builders including Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder, and Visual Composer so it’s super user-friendly.
- Works perfectly with WooCommerce if you need a WordPress coming soon plugin for your online store.
- This is a translation and RTL (right to left) ready theme so you can easily start your website in any language of your choice or even in multiple languages.
- The coming soon templates aren’t available in the free version, but it’s incredibly affordable to upgrade.
OceanWP is a free WordPress theme. The pro version is a core bundle of premium features that starts at $39 (or you can purchase features individually).
While also not a plugin, as the name suggests, Landing is a premium WordPress theme for building landing pages. It comes with Themify’s page builder and thus, helps you design the pages of your site using an easy drag and drop interface.
- Provides various header design options like choose a background type, select header text color, hide certain elements, and more.
- Offers more than 25 pre-built WordPress coming soon landing page templates, so you’re sure to find a coming soon template to fit your site.
- Compatible with WooCommerce so you can build a coming soon page for your eCommerce site.
- The Landing theme allows you to quickly upload your custom logo and add social media icons to your WordPress coming soon page.
- Add a countdown timer, a simple contact form, and a subscription box to build your email list using the Mailchimp integration.
Starts at $59. There’s no free version of the Landing theme.
Best WordPress Coming Soon Plugins Compared
Here’s a look at all the plugins and themes we’ve reviewed side by side:
|Theme or Plugin?||Price|
|SeedProd||Plugin||$79+ / year|
|Divi||Both||$89+ / year|
|Elementor||Plugin||Free, $59+ / year for Elementor Pro|
|Coming Soon & Maintenance||Plugin||Free|
|Minimal Coming Soon||Plugin||Free, $79+ for premium features|
|WP Maintenance Mode||Plugin||Free|
|Under Construction||Plugin||Free, $39+ for premium features|
|OceanWP||Theme||Free, $39+ for premium features|
Winner: Best WordPress Coming Soon Plugin
After comparing the features of the above themes and plugins, we can conclude that SeedProd is a step ahead of all its competitors and is the best WordPress coming soon or maintenance mode plugin.
It comes with tons of useful features, offers 50+ templates, and allows you to customize your WordPress coming soon page however you’d like. And the best part is you don’t need any HTML or coding knowledge.
Plus, SeedProd works great with some of the best WordPress plugins you can use to take your coming soon page to the next level, including:
- WPForms: Use this form builder to create lead capture forms and add visitors to your mailing list before you even officially launch your site. You can even include advanced form features like a progress bar for multi-page forms.
- All in One SEO: Help your site rank right out of the gate with on-page SEO recommendations, sitemap generation, and more.
- OptinMonster: Create custom popups to make sure coming soon page visitors sign up for email updates and notifications.
- RafflePress: Host a giveaway to celebrate the launch of your site and reward early visitors for their interest.
Next, Make Sure Your Site Is GDPR Compliant
We hope this article helped you to find the best coming soon and WordPress maintenance mode plugin or theme for your site. Don’t forget to check out the best GDPR plugins for WordPress too.
Looking for the best managed WordPress hosting service for your website? Check out our comparison article on the best managed WordPress hosting companies.
Also, follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get updates from our blog.
I used to love Seedprod, but now it looks like you lose the form function (to collect a list of entries) that the old version had. Now they force you to purchase WP Forms which looks like it’s part of the same group of people. Not cool guys. I’ve been a long time supporter and I promote your products in all the classes I teach, but this just seems wrong and has me looking for another solution for the first time in years.
Hi Ben! The SeedProd optin form function isn’t going anywhere 🙂 A prompt is shown referring to WPForms as a suggestion for those who may be interested in more powerful form features, and is in no way required to continue using optin forms in SeedProd.
I hope this helps to clarify! If you have any further questions or concerns regarding SeedProd, please reach out to them here.
I tried SeedProd but failed to get it working…
I read various threads reporting issues experienced by others and made sure I had carried out the steps indicated by the support staff… still no joy.
I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with SeedProd. I’d recommend that you reach out to their support team directly here.
Or you could also try their free support forums here.
Hope that helps!