Looking for an awesome coming soon and maintenance mode plugin or theme for your WordPress site?
It’s a great idea — Putting your site into a WordPress coming soon mode is a fantastic way to create hype, start or keep ranking in search engine results, and build an email list before launching your website.
And with the help of a good ‘coming soon’ WordPress plugin, you can add a coming soon or WordPress maintenance mode page to your site easily.
In this post, we’ve rounded up the best WordPress coming soon and maintenance mode plugins (and a few themes, too).
The Best WordPress Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Plugins
These wildly popular and effective tools are the best WordPress coming soon and maintenance mode plugins (and themes) available today:
- Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
- WP Maintenance Mode
- Ignite Up
1. SeedProd (Plugin)
If you’re looking for a WordPress under construction plugin, look no further.
SeedProd is the best landing page builder for WordPress. It lets you easily create coming soon and maintenance mode pages for your site. The social sharing aspect can help make your site or product go viral before it even launches.
After your site goes live, you can also use SeedProd to make custom landing pages for any purpose. It comes with 100+ templates and 20+ blocks that you simply drop into place and customize.
With SeedProd, you can easily build a beautiful coming soon page for your site so you can start ranking in search engine results right away.
- 100+ pro landing page templates to choose from.
- You can make any type of coming soon page or landing page using the drag and drop builder.
- All of your custom coming soon pages will be fully mobile responsive.
- It lets you add a countdown timer to your site on a WordPress coming soon page so that your visitors can know exactly when your site is going live.
- Want to build your email list before launching your site? Do that easily by adding a form to any page with SeedProd. It supports many popular email marketing services including Constant Contact, Drip, and ConvertKit.
- You can add beautiful fullscreen video backgrounds.
- Easily protect your forms from spam.
- Automatically hide your site when Coming Soon pages are active.
- It’s Compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- You’ll get access to 2+ million photos to use on your pages.
Overall, SeedProd is the best landing page plugin for WordPress. It generates the best coming soon pages, and you can also use it to make landing pages for your website after it launches.
There’s a 100% free version. Landing Page Pro starts at $79/year, and there’s a 14-day money-back guarantee.
2. Divi (Plugin + Theme)
Divi is one of the best WordPress coming soon and page builder plugins in the market (Plus, it’s a great coming soon WordPress theme, too). It’s a drag and drop builder that lets you create beautiful WordPress coming soon pages including or a WordPress maintenance mode page for your website.
- Includes 46 content modules like buttons, countdown timer, video slider, email optin, testimonials, and more to make your life easy.
- You can also customize every part of your under construction page and see the changes live.
- Don’t want to build from scratch? Elegant Themes, the team behind the Divi plugin, also offers 8 coming soon page layouts for free. You can import the one you like and make changes to the layout using the Divi builder.
Starts at $89/year or a $249 one-time payment — There’s no free version of Divi.
3. OceanWP (Theme)
While it’s not a coming soon WordPress plugin or WordPress maintenance mode plugin, OceanWP is lightweight, responsive, multipurpose, and free coming soon WordPress theme. And with 300,000+ active installs, it’s easy to see why it’s one of the most popular themes in the WordPress theme directory. Did we mention that it’s also free to start?
- OceanWP comes with more than 70 demos to choose from, including 5 coming soon demo templates.
- You can import the demo content, widgets, and customizer settings to get started quickly.
- Provides a number of extensions like cookie notice, popup login, and social sharing to enhance its functionality.
- It’s compatible with some of the best drag and drop page builders including Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder, and Visual Composer.
- This theme is a translation and RTL (right to left) ready theme so you can easily start your website in any language of your choice or even in multiple languages.
- The coming soon templates aren’t available in the free version, but it’s incredibly affordable to upgrade.
Free — Their pro version is a core bundle of premium features which starts at $39 (or you can purchase features individually).
4. Landing (Theme)
While also not a plugin, as the name suggests, Landing is a premium WordPress theme for building landing pages. It comes with Themify’s page builder and thus, helps you design the pages of your site using an easy drag and drop interface.
- Provides various header design options like choose a background type, select header text color, hide certain elements, and more.
- Offers more than 25 pre-built WordPress coming soon landing page templates including a coming soon template to make life easy for you.
- Landing theme allows you to quickly upload your logo and add social icons to your WordPress coming soon page.
- Add a countdown timer, a simple contact form, and a subscription box to build your email list using the Mailchimp integration.
Starts at $59 — There’s no free version of the Landing theme.
5. CMP – Coming Soon & Maintenance (Plugin)
CMP is a free ‘maintenance mode’ and ‘coming soon’ WordPress plugin that any WordPress user would be able to navigate easily. It works perfectly on any device and is also compatible with every WordPress theme. You can easily activate the coming soon or WordPress under construction pages with a single click.
- Use images, sliders, patterns, color gradients, solid colors or even video backgrounds
- Display social media icons on your site, even on WordPress maintenance pages
- Insert Google Analytics code to track your site traffic
- Offers custom subscription form to collect emails
Apart from the above features, this plugin allows you to enable CMP only on specific pages. You can also generate a bypass URL so that some of your users can see the under construction site.
6. Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode (Plugin)
Minimal Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode is a freemium WordPress coming soon plugin. You can quickly configure a coming soon or launch page without any hassle.
- You can modify every part of your website including background, cover image, logo, and fonts.
- You can add custom CSS code if you’re good at CSS.
- Just like most plugins on our list, you can add a subscription box to your page and connect it to and email marketing service like AWeber or Constant Contact to collect leads.
- On top of the great free version, this plugin’s premium version provides 90+ templates, 26 background image filters, and 47 content animations to take your coming soon page to the next level.
Minimal Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode Pricing:
Free — Pricing for the premium versions starts at $79.
7. WP Maintenance Mode (Plugin)
WP Maintenance Mode is another free maintenance mode and ‘coming soon’ WordPress plugin on our list. You can use it to easily add a coming soon page as well as a maintenance mode page.
- Lets you add a countdown timer, subscription form, and more to your page.
- You can customize the colors, text, and background using the visual customizer.
- WP Maintenance Mode is compatible with almost every WordPress theme.
- This GDPR-ready plugin can be used on WordPress multisite installs and provides maintenance settings to each blog from the network.
WP Maintenance Mode Pricing:
8. Nifty (Plugin)
Nifty is a simple and easy-to-use coming soon and WordPress under construction plugin. It allows you to set up responsive pages and thus, your site will load perfectly on every device. Especially if you’re using one of the top responsive themes for WordPress.
- Comes with 300+ Google Fonts.
- Use slider or solid colors as background.
- Option to add Mailchimp subscription form.
- Countdown timer included.
- Preview your coming soon or maintenance mode page as different browsers with the live preview feature.
9. IgniteUp (Plugin)
IgniteUp is a WordPress coming soon and maintenance mode plugin that comes with 7 templates to choose from in the free version. You can easily customize a template to set up your page within a few minutes.
- Show your under construction website to specific users by sharing a secret URL or by whitelisting their IP addresses.
- Allows you to add a subscription form to your site and integrate your form to Mailchimp and MailPoet.
- Access the email subscriber list by exporting it as CSV.
- You can get a premium version with video backgrounds.
Free — Premium templates cost from $3.99 to $13.99
Which is the Best WordPress Coming Soon Plugin?
After comparing the features of the above themes and plugins, we can conclude that SeedProd is a step ahead of all its competitors and is the best WordPress coming soon or maintenance mode plugin.
It comes with tons of useful features, offers 50+ templates, and allows you to customize your WordPress coming soon page however you’d like. And the best part is you don’t need any coding knowledge.
We hope this article helped you to find the best coming soon and WordPress maintenance mode plugin or theme for your site. Don’t forget to check out the best GDPR plugins for WordPress too.
Looking for the best managed WordPress hosting service for your website? Check out our comparison article on the best managed WordPress hosting companies.