Are you looking for a way to connect with your site visitors, build longer-lasting relationships, and convert them into customers? If so, you should invest time into email marketing. But before you get started, you’ll need to choose from the best email marketing services.
In this article, we’ll compare the top email marketing service providers to make your email campaigning efforts a cinch.
Why Get Started with Email Marketing?
All small businesses looking to grow should get into email marketing. Email campaigns are a great way to stay in touch with site visitors once they leave your website.
Here are some other benefits of email marketing:
- Increase Sales: Email campaigns are the perfect way to get people to come to your website and buy. Plus, email is known for outperforming both social and organic search traffic.
- Boost Repeat Visits: 96% of people who come to your website aren’t ready to buy on their first visit. But if you can get them to subscribe before they leave, you have another chance to encourage them to come back and make a purchase.
- Build a Loyal Following: Repeat visitors to your website are more likely to convert when compared to first-time visitors. That’s why campaigning to those that have visited your site before, and convincing them to come back, helps you build a larger following.
- Save Money: Email has one of the highest ROIs out of any marketing strategy. In fact, according to the DMA, for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $32.
What to Look for in the Best Email Marketing Services
Choosing the best email marketing service for your small business takes a little bit of time. It can also be overwhelming if you don’t know what to look for.
After all, what works for one business may not necessarily work for yours.
To help you out, we’ve rounded up the top things to look for when choosing from the best email marketing service providers around:
- Ease of Use: as with most things, the email marketing service you choose should be easy to use and integrate with your form builder seamlessly.
- Email Automation: using an autoresponder, your email service provider should make sending out email campaigns automatic. The phrase “Set it and forget it” should apply.
- Reporting: being able to track the success of your campaigns is a must. After all, you’ll want to make sure the campaigns you’re sending out are working. And if they’re not, you’ll need to pinpoint where so you can make improvements.
- Price: anything you use to help your business grow has to meet your budgetary needs.
So, now that you know what to look for, let’s run an email marketing service comparison to see which one is best for your small business.
Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing service providers for small businesses. In fact, it’s one of the fastest growing services around, especially since it’s so easy to use.
It’s also the email service provider that comes built-in to the WPForms plugin. You can easily add a Constant Contact checkbox to any WordPress form on your site.
Choose from over 100 pre-designed email templates, use the built-in drag and drop editor, and collect and manage email lists from all over – your website, mobile devices, and even social media – all with a few simple clicks.
Plus, enjoy these top notch features when using Constant Contact:
- Upload your email list from places such as Excel, Gmail, and Outlook for easy list management
- Use the built-in heat tracking tool to see where people are clicking
- Automatically send personalized email messages
- Segment lists based on the content people click on so they get more of what they like
- Track unsubscribes, bounces, and inactive emails
- Monitor email campaign activity to make better data-driven decisions
- Stellar live chat support, emails, and discussion forums
Constant Contact has a 60-day free trial and doesn’t require a credit card to use.
After that, plans start at $20/month.
SendinBlue is a powerful email service provider that wants to empower businesses to build better relationships through email marketing campaigns and automation. It’s both an email and SMS marketing software. It gives you the tools you need to promote your brand, while staying user-friendly and simple to use.
To create personalized emails all you have to do is use the built-in drag and drop builder. You can also create custom contact fields and access the HTML editor. Plus, use one of the free responsive templates to build a beautiful newsletter for your subscribers that works on all mobile devices.
If you’re looking for more features, here’s what SendinBlue has to offer:
- 8 automation workflows so people receive the right emails at the right time
- Identify the best time to send emails for each subscriber and automate the campaigns
- Optimize campaigns using detailed reports, heat map tools, real-time stats, and A/B testing
- Send email messages via text message with a few clicks
- Rank leads using the lead scoring feature
SendinBlue has a free plan that includes unlimited contacts and 300 emails/day.
After that, plans start at around $22/month.
Drip is a powerful email marketing platform for eCommerce site owners, bloggers, and marketers looking to have smart conversations with their subscribers via email.
This beginner friendly service works perfectly with WPForms. And it only takes a few simple steps to configure on your WordPress website.
There are many integration addons, such as the one for WooCommerce, which makes running your business easier. Plus, you can send text messages, display Facebook ads, and much more using the automated customer workflow.
Here are more of Drip’s most notable features:
- Segment email lists based on site visitor behavior
- Customized messages to increase open and clickthrough rates
- Create custom conversion reports
- Measure the number of eBook downloads, signups, quote requests, and more
- Track conversion rates to ensure you’re making money online
- View the 10 built-in reports in your WordPress dashboard and export statistics
You can use Drip for free if you have 100 subscribers or less.
After that, plans start at $49/month for up to 2500 subscribers.
Mailjet is a free email marketing service that offers one of the easiest drag & drop email campaign builder.
Aside from the great price and email deliverability, they offer an all-in-one email marketing platform that comes with everything you need from email newsletters, email automation, transactional SMTP emails, and SMS.
If you’re looking for more features, here’s what Mailjet has to offer:
- Collaborative team editing inside the email newsletter builder
- Dozens of email newsletter templates
- Smart segmentation to help you send targeted emails
- Email personalization to help you get better engagement
- Marketing automation workflows
- Transactional messaging platform that has both email and SMS
- A/B testing and email analytics
Mailjet has a free plan that includes unlimited contact and lets you send 6000 emails per month.
After that, paid plans start at $9.65 / month.
ConvertKit is a great email service provider for bloggers, writers, and publishers of any kind. It seeks to make email marketing easy to understand and use, no matter what your overall goals are.
For example, use customized templates to build signup forms, popup forms, course signups, or landing pages. These forms are GDPR compliant, have lead magnet delivery functionality, and even custom fields. In addition, let users double opt-in to your email list when receiving a lead magnet to reduce spam and boost deliverability rates.
Here is more of what you can expect from ConvertKit:
- Create powerful and automated funnels and customize a subscriber’s path based on their actions
- Segment your lists and send targeted content to increase conversions
- Deliver new blog posts to subscribers once content is published
- Send plain text emails for a personal feel and to prevent landing in a spam folder
- A homepage dashboard with an easy user interface
- A drag-and-drop sequence builder to create personalized automated emails
You can sign up for a free 14-day trial with ConvertKit to make sure it’s the email service provider for you.
After that, plans start at $29 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
AWeber is a top notch email marketing service that has all the tools you need to generate leads, build a bigger email list, and grow your business.
Connect your WordPress website and the WPForms form builder plugin to AWeber with a few simple clicks. From there, access pre-designed email templates and the drag and drop builder for easy campaign creation.
Set up automated email sequences to promote upcoming product launches, new blog content, or this year’s biggest sales to get people engaging with your site’s content.
In addition, access features such as:
- Tags to organize emails based on opens and clicks
- Targeted messages based on email activity and interests
- Split testing for things like subject lines, send times, and email content
- Track data like deliverability rates and performance
- Send as many emails as you want; there are no limits
- Automatically send new blog posts to subscribers
- Access thousands of royalty- free stock images
Take advantage of the free 30-day trial so you can ensure they have the tools you need to grow your business and email list.
After your free trial, plans start at $19/month.
GetResponse is a highly popular email marketing tool that’s extremely easy to use and is perfect for beginner marketers. Plus, it integrates with your WPForms contact forms to help you build a bigger email list.
With an intuitive interface that is both modern and beautiful, GetResponse simplifies email marketing for small business owners with no prior experience.
It comes with a drag and drop builder, which makes creating email campaigns a cinch. It also gives you the chance to segment lists and lets you send content to specific groups. This way the right people get your message and have a chance to convert.
GetResponse also allows you to:
- Automate your marketing efforts based on user behavior
- Create customized emails with templates for cart abandonment
- Create and host webinars on your website
- Add tags to organize email campaigns and monitor subscriber habits and preferences
- A/B test campaigns to make sure they’re producing results
- Create landing pages to help increase conversions and generate sales
- Integrate with popular lead generation software such as OptinMonster, Salesforce, and Google Docs
You can sign up for a 30-day free trial to see how things work and decide whether this solution is good for your small startup.
After your free trial, GetResponse plans starts at $15 per month.
Campaign Monitor is a powerful email marketing service that comes with a drag and drop builder so email marketing isn’t difficult.
Pick from hundreds of pre-built templates so you can create customized email campaigns that are branded to match your business, encourage people to convert, and keep repeat visitors engaged with your site’s content. Or, create a Campaign Monitor subscribe form in WordPress in minutes using WPForms.
With CampaignMonitor, you can tap into features like:
- List segmentation and automated email campaigns based on user interest and behavior
- Track subscriber activity: active, inactive, and unsubscribed
- Check out opens, clicks, shares, and bounces so you can make improvements
- A/B test images, subject lines, and more to find out what subscribers like most
- Integrate with hundreds of pre-built apps and connect to things like your CRM or eCommerce platform
If you’re just starting out, Campaign Monitor has a simple plan that starts at $9/month, comes with up to 2,500 subscribers, and all the basic core features.
Keep in mind that you can create a free account, but only for up to 5 subscribers.
MailChimp is one of the best email marketing services around. It comes with plenty of built-in features that let you collect and manage site visitor email addresses. And it all starts with easily adding a MailChimp signup checkbox to your site’s forms.
Whether you’re a blogger, eCommerce shop owner, or a business corporation, MailChimp makes connecting your site a breeze. Plus, you can take advantage the landing page, email campaign, signup form, and Facebook ad templates. This way you can reach the broadest audience possible.
In addition, MailChimp makes it easy by providing you data so you can see what’s working and what’s not. View all your data in one place, get real-time stats, and monitor your email ROI with the detailed revenue reports.
Take a look at MailChimp’s other cool features:
- Integrate with hundreds of other apps and tools you need to run your business, such as Salesforce, Zapier, and even Freshbooks
- Use with popular eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Magento, and Shopify
- Segment contacts into groups for sending targeted emails
- Use merge tags to personalize emails
- Schedule email delivery times based on user locations to increase clickthrough rates
- Create automatic emails based on user behavior using the autoresponder
One of the best things about MailChimp is its affordability. You can get free email service and even build an email list of up to 2,000 subscribers before you have to pay.
When you reach the 2,000 subscriber limit, plans start at $10/month.
MailerLite is an advanced email marketing software using the latest technology to help you grow your business. But it also makes it user-friendly enough that anyone can use it. It comes with a drag-and-drop email builder, the ability to create popups and landing pages, and easy integration with WordPress.
With MailerLite, you don’t need to have any coding knowledge. All you have to do is use the free newsletter templates to get started. You can generate leads using custom forms embedded on your WordPress site. In addition, enable the double opt-in feature to ensure subscriber consent and cut down on spam.
And to top it off, you can create a custom MailerLite signup form in WordPress with WPForms and our Zapier addon.
MailerLite also comes with these additional features:
- Responsive design so those on the go can see forms, landing pages, and email campaigns
- Personalized emails according to timezones, segmentation, and tags
- Split testing of emails to find what’s working and what’s not
- Click tracking for gaining insight, detailed reports to monitor success, and geolocation tracking
- Simple management interface for adding, filtering, and organizing contact information
- Automated emails whenever new blog content publishes
MailerLite is free for marketers that have less than 1,000 subscribers and send less than 12,000 emails per month.
After that, paid plans start at $10/month and increase as subscriber counts increase.
Wrapping Up: Choosing the Best Email Marketing Services
If you’re a complete beginner just starting out with email marketing, Constant Contact is the best email marketing service provider for you. It comes with an impressive 60-day free trial so you can make sure it’s the right solution and already comes integrated with WPForms.
That said, if you’re an eCommerce shop owner looking to promote your brand and increase sales, Drip is going to be a better, more powerful option for you. Create custom conversion reports so you can monitor your individualized progress. Send emails based on user behavior such as abandoned carts and first-time users. And automate everything so you can focus on other parts of your business.
If you’re a blogger looking for a simple way to connect with your readers and let them know when new content is published, ConvertKit is the best email marketing service for you.
Lastly, if you’re looking for a cost-effective email marketing solution that comes packed with lead generating features as well as SMS marketing, then SendinBlue is the best choice.
Pro Tip: Build Your Email List Fast!
Once you decide which email marketing service is the best option for you, you’ll want to get started building your email list right away.
We recommend WPForms. Not only is it simple enough for beginners to use, it comes packed with powerful features designed to help you quickly turn site visitors into subscribers.
WPForms integrates seamlessly with all of the best email marketing services mentioned above, making your lead generation efforts easy.
Plus, it comes with over 100 pre-made templates, advanced form fields so you can collect all the information from site visitors you want, and smart conditional logic to save you time.
And the best part is, you don’t have to have any coding skills since WPForms comes with an easy to use drag & drop form builder that gives you the power to create an email signup form in under five minutes.
We hope this comparison of the best email marketing services helps you decide which solution is best for you.
If you want more information about how to improve your form conversions, be sure to check out this article outlining research based tips for improving contact form conversions.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.