Looking for the very best email marketing software?
A good email marketing platform will let you:
- Connect with your site visitors,
- Build long-lasting relationships.
- Convert them into happy customers.
The bottom line is, you’ll make more money.
So in this article, we’ll compare the top email marketing service providers out there today.
Feel free to skip ahead to each email service:
- Best Email Marketing Services Ranked and Reviewed
- Wrapping Up: Choosing the Best Email Marketing Services
- What Is an Email Marketing Service?
- Why Get Started with Email Marketing?
- What to Look for in the Best Email Marketing Services
What Are the Best Email Marketing Services?
Asking yourself what are the top email marketing tools? Here’s our top picks.
Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing service providers for small businesses. In fact, it makes sense why it’s on this list of the greatest email platforms since it’s one of the fastest-growing services around, especially because it’s so easy to use. It’s great for any business whether you’re a solopreneur with a membership website or a local bank hoping to promote a financial product.
It’s also the email service provider that comes built-in to the WPForms plugin. You can easily add a Constant Contact checkbox to any WordPress form on your site.
Choose from over 100 pre-designed email templates, use the built-in drag and drop editor, and collect and manage email lists from all over your website, mobile devices, and even social media – all with a few simple clicks.
Plus, enjoy these top-notch features when using Constant Contact:
- Upload your email list from places such as Excel, Gmail, and Outlook for easy list management
- Use the built-in heat tracking tool to see where people are clicking
- Automatically send personalized email messages to unlimited emails from your business email address
- Segment lists based on the content people click on so they get more of what they like
- Track unsubscribes, bounces, and inactive emails
- Monitor email campaign activity to make better data-driven decisions
- Stellar live chat and phone support, emails, and discussion forums
- A helpful blog with B2B email design inspiration and more
Constant Contact has a 60-day free trial and doesn’t require a credit card to use.
After that, plans start at $20/month.
Sendinblue is a powerful email service provider that wants to empower businesses to build better relationships through email marketing campaigns and automation. It’s both an email and SMS marketing software. It gives you the tools you need to promote your brand, while staying user-friendly and simple to use.
To create personalized emails all you have to do is use the built-in drag and drop builder. You can also create custom contact fields and access the HTML editor. Plus, use one of the free responsive templates to build a beautiful email design for your newsletter subscribers that works on all mobile devices.
If you’re looking for more features, here’s all the advanced features Sendinblue has to offer:
- 8 automation workflows so people receive the right emails at the right time
- Identify the best time to send emails for each subscriber and automate the campaigns
- Optimize campaigns using detailed reports, heat map tools, real-time stats, and A/B testing
- Option to set up Sendinblue with WP Mail SMTP for reliable transactional email deliverability
- Send email messages via text message with a few clicks
- Rank leads and email prospective customers based the lead scoring feature
- Send customized transactional emails and personalized email
- Access an integrated live chat software
Doing an email marketing services price comparison and looking for one with free email accounts? Sendinblue has a free plan that includes unlimited storage for contacts and 300 emails/day.
After that, plans start at around $22/month.
HubSpot email marketing is combined with the power of CRM. This lets you create deeply personalized email campaigns based on your subscribers’ lifecycle stage, list membership, or any other information in their contact records.
Plus, with HubSpot, you can create your entire lead generation funnel. From the lead capture form you use to collect new contacts to the landing page it’s built on, HubSpot has all the tools you need.
Here are some of HubSpot’s best features:
- User-friendly drag and drop email editor and goal-based email templates
- Easily set up complex automation flows to take your email marketing to the next level
- Use the smart A/B testing to automatically detect the winning email variation
- Built-in analytics reports with features like an HTML click map & other post-send analytics
- Comes with a free form builder, landing pages, live chat, ad management, and more
- Available as a WordPress plugin to easily integrate with your WordPress website
HubSpot’s free plan lets you send 2,000 emails/month to unlimited contacts.
For more advanced features, premium plans start at around $45/month.
Drip email marketing is a powerful email marketing platform for eCommerce site owners, bloggers, and marketers looking to have smart conversations with their subscribers via email.
This beginner-friendly service works perfectly with WPForms. And it only takes a few simple steps to configure on your WordPress website.
There are many integration addons, such as the one for WooCommerce, which makes running your business easier.
Plus, you can send text messages, display Facebook ads, and much more using the automated customer workflow.
Here are more of Drip’s most notable features:
- Segment email lists based on-site visitor behavior
- Customized messages to increase open and clickthrough rates
- Create custom conversion reports
- Track the number of subscribers, eBook downloads, signups, quote requests, and more to get measurable data
- Track conversion rates to ensure you’re making money online
- View the 10 built-in reports in your WordPress dashboard and export statistics
You can use Drip for free if you have 100 subscribers or less.
After that, plans start at $49/month for up to 2500 subscribers.
ConvertKit is a great email service provider for bloggers, writers, digital marketers, and publishers of any kind. It seeks to make email marketing easy to understand and use, no matter what your overall goals are.
For example, use customized templates to build signup forms, popup forms, course signups, or landing pages. These forms are GDPR compliant, have lead magnet delivery functionality, and even custom fields. In addition, let users double optin to your email list when receiving a lead magnet to reduce spam and boost deliverability rates across all email clients.
Here is more of what you can expect from ConvertKit:
- Create powerful and automated funnels and customize a subscriber’s path based on their actions
- Segment your lists and send targeted content to increase conversions with personalized email
- Deliver new blog posts to subscribers once content is published
- Send plain text emails for a personal feel and to prevent landing in a spam folder from spam filters
- A homepage dashboard with an easy user interface
- A drag-and-drop sequence builder to create personalized automated emails
You can sign up for a free 14-day trial with ConvertKit to make sure it’s the email service provider for you.
After that, plans start at $29 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
AWeber is a top-notch email marketing service that has all the tools you need to generate leads, build a bigger email list, and grow your business.
Connect your WordPress website and the WPForms form builder plugin to AWeber with a few simple clicks. From there, access pre-designed email templates and the drag and drop builder for easy targeted campaign creation.
Set up automated email sequences to promote upcoming product launches, new blog content, or this year’s biggest sales to get people engaging with your site’s content.
In addition, access features such as:
- Tags to organize emails based on opens and clicks
- Great storage space
- Targeted messages based on email activity and interests
- Split testing for things like subject lines, send times, and email content
- Track data like deliverability rates and performance
- Send as many emails as you want; there are no limits
- Automatically send new blog posts to subscribers
- Access thousands of royalty-free stock images
Take advantage of the free 30-day trial so you can ensure they have the tools you need to grow your business and email list.
After your free trial, plans start at $19/month.
GetResponse is a highly popular email marketing tool that’s extremely easy to use and is perfect for beginner marketers. Plus, it integrates with your WPForms contact forms to help you build a bigger email list.
With a sleek interface that is both modern and beautiful, GetResponse simplifies email marketing for small business owners with no prior experience.
It comes with a drag and drop builder, which makes creating email campaigns a cinch. It also gives you the chance to segment lists and lets you send content to specific groups. This way the right people get your message and have a chance to convert.
GetResponse also allows you to:
- Automate your marketing efforts based on user behavior
- Create customized emails with templates for cart abandonment
- Create and host webinars on your website
- Add tags to organize email campaigns and monitor subscriber habits and preferences
- A/B test campaigns to make sure they’re producing results
- Create landing pages to help increase conversions and generate sales
- Integrate with popular lead generation software and marketing automation tools such as OptinMonster, Salesforce, and Google Docs
You can sign up for a 30-day free trial to see how things work and decide whether this solution is good for your small startup.
After your free trial, GetResponse plans start at $15 per month.
Mailchimp is one of the best email marketing services around. It comes with plenty of built-in features that let you collect and manage site visitor email addresses. And it all starts with easily adding a Mailchimp signup checkbox to your site’s forms.
Whether you’re a blogger, eCommerce shop owner, or a business corporation, Mailchimp makes connecting your site a breeze. Plus, you can take advantage of the landing page, email campaign, signup form, and Facebook ad templates. This way you can reach the broadest audience possible.
In addition, Mailchimp makes it easy by providing you data so you can see what’s working and what’s not. View all your data in one place, get real-time stats, and monitor your email ROI with detailed revenue reports.
Take a look at Mailchimp’s other cool features:
- Integrate with hundreds of other apps and tools you need to run your business, such as Salesforce, Zapier, and even Freshbooks
- Use with popular eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Magento, and Shopify
- Segment contacts into groups for targeted email sending
- Use merge tags to personalize emails
- Use their landing page builder to grow your email list
- Schedule email delivery times based on user locations to increase clickthrough rates
- Create automatic emails based on user behavior using the autoresponder
One of the best things about Mailchimp is its affordability if you’re doing a price comparison of email marketing tools. You can get free email service and even build an email list of up to 2,000 subscribers before you have to pay.
When you reach the 2,000 subscriber limit, plans start at $10/month.
MailerLite is an advanced email marketing software using the latest technology to help you grow your business. But it also makes it user-friendly enough that anyone can use it. It comes with a drag-and-drop email builder, the ability to create popups and landing pages, and easy integration with WordPress.
With MailerLite, you don’t need to have any coding knowledge. All you have to do is use the free newsletter templates to get started. You can generate leads using custom forms embedded on your WordPress site. In addition, enable the double optin unique feature to ensure subscriber consent and cut down on spam.
And to top it off, you can create a custom MailerLite signup form in WordPress with WPForms and our Zapier addon.
MailerLite also comes with these additional features:
- Responsive design so those on the go can see forms, landing pages, and email campaigns
- Personalized emails according to timezones, segmentation, and tags
- Split testing of emails to find what’s working and what’s not
- Click tracking for gaining insight, detailed reports to monitor success, and geolocation tracking
- Simple management interface for adding, filtering, and organizing contact information
- Automated email newsletters whenever new blog content publishes
MailerLite is free for marketers that have less than 1,000 subscribers and send less than 12,000 emails per month.
After that, paid plans start at $10/month and increase as subscriber counts increase.
Wrapping Up: Choosing the Best Email Marketing Services
Which is overall the top email marketing service? It depends on your needs…
Best Overall Email Marketing Service for Beginners
If you’re a complete beginner just starting out with bulk email marketing services, Constant Contact is the best email marketing tool provider for you. It comes with an impressive 60-day free trial so you can make sure it’s the right solution and already comes integrated with WPForms.
Best Email Marketing Service for eCommerce
If you’re an eCommerce shop owner looking to promote your brand and increase sales (or thinking of adding a store to your site in the future), Drip is going to be a better, more powerful option for you. Create custom conversion reports so you can monitor your individualized progress with one of the best targeted email marketing services out there. Send emails based on user behavior such as abandoned carts and first-time users, and automate everything so you can focus on other parts of your business.
Best Free Email Marketing Service
Lastly, if you’re looking for a cost-effective email marketing solution that comes packed with lead generating features as well as SMS marketing, then Sendinblue is the best choice.
Email Marketing Services FAQs
Before we wrap up, we wanted to address a few of the most common questions we get about choosing an email marketing provider.
Which Is Better: Mailchimp or Constant Contact?
We get asked this a lot. In our experience, Constant Contact email marketing is superior is nearly every way. They don’t charge you for unsubscribed email addresses. Constant Contact offers more advanced automations. And unlike Mailchimp, Constant Contact has stellar customer support available for ALL plans via phone, email, and live chat.
Mailchimp is popular because it has a free plan, but Sendinblue actually offers a much more generous free plan to get you started.
Is Email Marketing Still Effective?
Yes, 100%. Email marketing is the best way to stay in touch with your website visitors and turn them into loyal customers. Just check out this amazing email marketing statistics you should definitely know.
Email marketing is much more effective than social media marketing. Just take a look at this infographic by OptinMonster:
What Is the Success Rate of Email Marketing?
Email marketing on average yields $44 for every $1 you spend – a 4400% ROI.
How Do I Get Better Email Open Rates?
First you’ll want to check your email deliverability to make sure you’re actually reaching the inbox.
Then, make sure your subject lines are interesting enough to get subscribers to click them.
Should I Use a Provider Not on This List of Email Marketing Services?
Ultimately, the tool you pick for your company email should be what works best for you and your small business.
We suggest you don’t pick a provider based solely on catchy names, a big presence on social media, or if it seems cost-effective because they used an advertisement company to claim they offer the cheapest email marketing services.
You may have heard of another email marketing software not in this post (there are tons out there).
We’re familiar with and have tried all the top email marketing tools out there including tools like Moosend, MailGet, ActiveCampaign, Wishpond, Ontraport, Mailjet, Campaign Monitor, Benchmark Email, InfusionSoft (now know as Keap), Mad Mimi, Klaviyo, Zoho Mail Campaigns, Redcappi, Marketo, Emarsys, Vero, SendBlaster, Eloqua, Bronto, Pardot by Salesforce, Sendloop, iContact, Emma, TotalSend, SharpSpring, Adestra, MailPoet, and others.
The email marketing tools featured in this post ended up here because they offer the best features at the best price. Our goal is to provide you a comprehensive guide to help you grow your email marketing campaigns and business online.
What Are the Types of Email Marketing?
Generally, there are 13 different types of email marketing emails you can send your customers:
- Welcome Email
- Offer Email
- Survey Email
- Request Email
- Newsletter Email
- Free Gift Email
- Value Email
- We’re Hiring Email
- New Product Email
- Reorder Email
- Announcement Email
- Anniversary Email
So as you can see, an effective email marketing campaign uses a mix of emails that purely help the customer and promotional email that sell to the customer. Check out this post from our sibling site’s blog of the different types of emails to send your email list for more details and examples on each type.
What Is an Email Marketing Specialist and Do I Need One?
An email marketing specialist is someone who can help write emails, create workflows, drive traffic, get conversions, help with partnership marketing, monitor email campaigns, build relationships, and more.
This may sound like a lot of work. But if you’re a small or medium-sized business, don’t worry! You can be your own email marketing specialist with the help of the awesome email marketing providers featured in this post. They’re really that intuitive and easy to use, and marketing automation will help a ton.
What Is an Email Marketing Service?
Wondering to yourself how can I send bulk emails? The answer is with an email marketing service.
An email marketing service is a software that lets you send messages from yourself or your business to potential customers and current customers, with the ultimate goal (for most) of growing your income. Using iCloud mail, Yahoo mail, or AOL mail? You’ll want to step up your game and start using ad free solutions with a custom domain – which you can do with every service on this list.
So simply put, you send marketing emails with it. Email marketing tools help you promote your services or products through email — just one segment of internet and digital marketing.
While a lead generation form helps you collect emails and generate more leads, an email marketing tool helps you get your message straight into the inbox of those people.
So now that we’ve answered the question of how do you send marketing emails, let’s next take a look at why email marketing is so important.
Why Get Started with Email Marketing?
Because over 70% of website visitors abandon your website and never return, small businesses looking to grow should definitely get into email marketing. Email campaigns are a great way to stay in touch with site visitors once they leave your website.
Here are some other benefits of email marketing:
- Increase Sales: Email campaigns are the perfect way to get people to come to your website and buy. Plus, email is known for outperforming both social and organic search traffic.
- Boost Repeat Visits: 96% of people who come to your website aren’t ready to buy on their first visit. But if you can get them to subscribe before they leave, you have another chance to encourage them to come back and make a purchase.
- Build a Loyal Following: Repeat visitors to your website are more likely to convert when compared to first-time visitors. That’s why campaigning to those that have visited your site before, and convincing them to come back, helps you build a larger following.
- Save Money: Email has one of the highest ROIs out of any marketing strategy. In fact, according to the DMA, for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $32.
What to Look for in the Best Email Marketing Services
Choosing the best email service for your small business takes a little bit of time. It can also be overwhelming if you don’t know what to look for.
After all, what works for one business as far as sending bulk email may not necessarily work for yours.
To help you out, we’ve rounded up the top things to look for when choosing an email marketing service provider:
- Ease of Use: as with most things, the email marketing software you choose should be easy to use and integrate with your form builder seamlessly.
- Email Automation: using an autoresponder, your email service provider (ESP) should make sending out email campaigns automatic. The phrase “Set it and forget it” should apply.
- Reporting: being able to track the success of your campaigns is a must. After all, you’ll want to make sure the campaigns you’re sending out are working. And if they’re not, you’ll need to pinpoint where so you can make improvements.
- Price: anything you use to help your business grow has to meet your budgetary needs.
Pro Tip: Build Your Email List Fast!
Once you decide which professional email marketing software is the best option for you, you’ll want to get started building your email list right away.
We recommend WPForms. Not only is it simple enough for beginners to use, it comes packed with powerful and unique features designed to help you quickly turn site visitors into subscribers.
WPForms integrates seamlessly with all of the best email marketing programs mentioned above, making your lead generation efforts easy.
Plus, it comes with over 100 pre-made templates, advanced form fields so you can collect all the information from site visitors you want, and smart conditional logic to save you time.
And the best part is, you don’t have to have any coding skills since WPForms comes with an easy to use drag and drop form builder with a friendly user interface that gives you the power to create an email signup form in under 5 minutes.
Next Steps: Start an Email Automation Campaign
And there you have it! We hope this comparison of the best email marketing services helps you decide which solution is best for you.
Once you have your email marketing list set up, you’ll want to look at automating some of your emails to customers. Take a look at this beginner’s guide to email automation to find out which service will work best for your business. If you’re a content creator, you could try SendFox.
Also, if you want more information about how to improve your form conversions, be sure to check out this article outlining research based tips for improving contact form conversions.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.