If you’re looking for the best WordPress form plugin, you’re in the right place.
A contact form is one of the most important elements you need on your website. And using a good form plugin can skyrocket your website’s growth.
In this post, we’ve rounded up the 7 best free form plugins for WordPress in 2019 to help you to choose the right one for you.
What Is the Best Form Plugin for WordPress ?
Let’s take a lot at the very best form plugins that made our list:
WPForms is the best form plugin for WordPress for a lot of reasons. It’s a beginner-friendly contact form plugin that’s easy to use yet very powerful. And it has over 2 million active installs which readily states the fact that it’s very popular in the WordPress community.
- WPForms comes with a free version and a premium one
- The free version called WPForms Lite is offers all the essential features required to create a contact form using its easy drag and drop interface
- You can build a newsletter signup form, integrate it with tons of email marketing services
- Get automatic email notifications about your forms activity
- You don’t have to write a single line of code to create different types of forms
- Create powerful surveys and polls in minutes using the survey addon
- Create distraction-free form landing pages.
- Allow users to upload files, documents, or images with form submissions
- Collect payments on your website using PayPal and Stripe.
- Use reCaptcha, Honeypot, and custom captcha to prevent spam submissions
- Use the conditional logic feature to personalize your survey questions based on the user’s answer
Plus, the Form Templates Pack addon that comes with the premium version offers 150+ bonus templates for almost every niche
So you can select a form template of your choice and not build everything from scratch. You can then add or remove fields, reorder the fields, and make changes to the settings before publishing the form.
And whether you are using the Classic editor or the Gutenberg editor, you can easily add your form to any post, page, or even the sidebar of your website.
$59+/year + 14-day money back guarantee.
You can also use WPForms Lite for free before upgrading to the premium version.
Formidable Forms is an advanced form builder plugin. You can use it to create fully responsive forms and hence, they’ll look perfect on every device.
- This plugin comes with a free lite version with limited functionality and a premium version with extra features
- Provides a drag and drop builder to create simple and complex forms
- You can change colors, borders, and more without any coding skills
- Use features like conditional logic and spam protection to create advanced forms for your website
Formidable Forms can be used to create GDPR compliant forms. You can either add a checkbox asking for the user’s consent, or you can stop saving IP addresses and form submissions.
Apart from the above features, you can also use the powerful calculation fields to create complex calculations required for building different calculators like mortgage, auto, loan, and more.
$49+/year + a 14-day money back guarantee.
Contact Form 7 is one of the oldest WordPress contact form plugins in the market. It’s a completely free plugin and has over 5 million active installs.
- You must know basic HTML to create or customize your contact forms (no drag and drop builder)
- Create simple contact forms and add form fields like textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, dropdown menus, dates, and more
- Contact Form 7 can also be integrated with Google reCaptcha to prevent spam
There are a lot of free addons available in the WordPress plugin directory to enhance the functionality of this basic plugin. However, due to the lack of an addons directory, it can be hard to find the right solution for your needs.
Don’t forget to check out our comparison of WPForms vs Contact Form 7 to find out which one is better for your website.
4. Jetpack Form
Jetpack is a popular WordPress plugin suite and has been built by the team behind WordPress.com.
- Includes various performance, site management, and security modules, both free and premium
- Has a free utility tool called contact form module
- Create simple forms on both the Classic and the Gutenberg editors
To add your form to the sidebar of your website, you’ve got to create a form in a page or post, copy the generated code, and then add that code to the Text widget (which can be a little complicated).
Overall, this plugin has limited functionality and doesn’t provide a form builder, just like Contact Form 7.
Looking to accept payments on your site? Read about if the Jetpack Simple Payment Button is the right solution for you.
HappyForms is a Gutenberg-ready and free contact form plugin.
- Comes with a drag and drop builder that allows you to create your forms quickly and also lets you preview the changes in real time
- Also lets you build different types of web forms including lead generation forms, feedback, survey, and quotes
- Create multiple columns with a single click
- Prevent spam submissions using Google reCaptcha and HoneyPot
- Add multiple forms to a single page
- Duplicate or clone your existing forms
6. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a flexible and easy to use WordPress contact form plugin. It offers a form builder that allows you to build complex forms within minutes.
- Create unlimited forms and add different fields for email address, date, phone number, and much more
- Hust like WPForms, you can also manage and export your form submissions
- Provides 40 premium addons like conditional logic, multi-part forms, user analytics, and frontend post submissions
Free version + premium version that starts at $29 per year
Caldera Forms is a free WordPress plugin for creating responsive forms.
Compatible with almost every WordPress theme.
Comes with form templates that make life easy for you
Has a drag and drop builder, and publish it quickly
This plugin offers free and premium addons that let you do things like accept payments, sell digital products, and integrate with an email marketing service to grow your email list.
Caldera Forms also supports basic functions like spam prevention and sending notification emails.
Free with premium addons.
Which is the Best Form Plugin for WordPress?
Well, you can use any of the plugins mentioned in this article to create a basic contact form for your website. However, you should use WPForms Lite plugin if you’re looking for a free and user-friendly plugin.
And later you can upgrade to the premium version of WPForms to use all the powerful features and addons required for creating different types of forms and that too without any coding skills. It’s one of the best WordPress plugins on the market.
We hope this article helped you to find the best form plugin for WordPress.
If you’re wondering which is the best email marketing service to build your email list, then check out our roundup of the best email marketing service providers in 2019.