Want to know which plugins are the best for launching and growing a successful podcast?
There’s a ton of WordPress plugins out there, so this list narrows them down and shows you which ones are great to use if you’re about to start (or have been) podcasting.
In this guide, we’ve listed the very best WordPress podcasting plugins to help you with your podcast.
Here’s a table of contents to help you:
- PowerPress by blubrry
- Smart Podcast Player
- Simple Podcast Press
- Libsyn Podcasting
- Seriously Simple Podcasting
- Podlove Podcast Publisher
Can You Host a Podcast On WordPress?
Yes, you can host a podcast on your WordPress website. In fact, WordPress is a fantastic choice for podcasting.
While it’s true that you can host a podcast without a website, you’ll want to create a dedicated website for your podcast to reach its full potential and to grow your subscriber list. And it would be very difficult to have a WordPress podcast without a plugin.
Some of the top reasons WordPress is good for podcasting include:
- Allow your fans to access all episodes or just a single episode
- Give your audience a place to contact you through a simple contact form on a contact us page
- Connect with listeners by sharing details about yourself
- Have somewhere for advertisers to learn more about your podcast
- Gain new listeners through search engine traffic
- Access podcast-specific layouts WordPress theme companies like Divi offer (Helps you make a WordPress podcast theme)
- Expand your podcasting features with WordPress plugins
However, you may be thinking that starting a website for your podcast is too much work. But it’s actually really easy if you use the right tools.
Check out our list of the best coming soon plugins and themes on WordPress to learn why working on your site behind the scenes is a smart move, and read our post on how to create a coming soon page in WordPress.
The Best WordPress Podcasting Plugins
Here are our top picks for the best podcast plugin for WordPress:
Easily the most powerful podcasting plugin on the market, the PowerPress podcasting plugin by Blubrry is an incredibly user-friendly tool to add podcasting to your WordPress site.
And since it’s offered by Blubrry, you’ll also be able to get services like podcasting hosting and podcast statistics.
- Works as a Soundcloud podcast WordPress plugin with the ability to import your Soundcloud
- Easily set up a premium podcast with MemberPress
- Supports Apple and Google podcasts and creates a RSS feed for your podcast
- Fantastic organic growth through SEO
- Switch between simple and advanced mode to learn the plugin then use all its amazing features
- Integrated HTML5 media player with embed support for YouTube and more so you can embed your podcast into WordPress
- Add both audio files and video podcasts to your site
Don’t forget to create a video release form in WordPress if you’re accepting user-submitted videos.
PowerPress by blubrry pricing starts at $12/month for 100 MB.
Smart Podcast Player is a great choice for power users who want to take their podcasting to a professional level. It’s one of the best WordPress podcasting plugins to help you set your podcast up on a website. It’s intelligent Smart Track Player is the biggest feature that sets this service apart from the others.
- Beautifully-designed HTML player with share, download, and subscribe buttons
- Ability to promote your entire podcast archive
- The Smart Track Player is completely responsive and looks fantastic on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices (Especially if you’re using a WordPress responsive theme)
- Speed control features lets you add different playback speeds
- Customize your color theme to fit your podcast’s branding
Smart Podcast Player pricing is $8.09/month (billed annually).
Be sure to check out our hand-picked list of the best file upload plugins for your website.
Buzzsprout is a very popular and well-known podcast plugin that’s also a complete podcasting service, and one of the best audio plugins for podcast. They offer podcasting promotion and podcast hosting as well. If you are planning on podcasting for less than 2 hours a month, many people may tell you it’s the best free podcast plugin for WordPress.
- Simple and easy-to-use user interface
- Automatic audio optimization as your file is uploading
- Ability to easily sync your episodes to popular podcast directories including Stitcher, iTunes, Google Play, and more
- Use podcast shortcodes from the free WordPress plugin to add your episodes to anywhere on your WordPress site
Buzzsprout is free for up to 2 hours of audio/month, and starts at $12/month for 3 hours of audio/month.
Be sure to check out our post on the best managed WordPress hosting platforms around.
One of the simplest podcasting plugins for WordPress is appropriately named Simple Podcast Press. It’s a podcast audio player and plugin specifically designed for hosting your episodes on WordPress so you can grow your audience with a website. It can work as a Podbean WordPress plugin because it’s compatable with Podbean and mean other podcasting platforms.
- Compatible with all major podcasting platforms including Spreaker, BlogTalkRadio, PodBean, Soundcloud, and more
- Completely automatic so you can set it up then focus on producing more episodes
- Creates unique pages for each of your podcast episodes
- Customizable buttons
- Easy social sharing
- Automatic URL shortener
Simple Podcast Press pricing starts at $67.
Using the Libsyn Podcasting plugin, you can connect your WordPress website to your Libsyn account and start publishing podcasts easily. It’s a great option if you want to have your podcast on and off WordPress.
- Since the episodes are stored on Libsyn, you won’t take up space on your WordPress hosting and can access them if your site goes down
- Easily create podcast drafts and podcast episodes, then schedule them to post on your WordPress site
- Ability to use Apple Podcasts optimization tags
- Easy-to-user block editor
The Libsyn WordPress plugin pricing starts at $5/month for 50 MB.
One of the best podcasting plugins for WordPress for beginners to podcasting is Seriously Simple Podcasting. Because it’s free, it’s a good choice for a podcasting plugin for people just starting out.
- Supports both audio and video podcasting
- Lets you run multiple podcasts on the same WordPress website
- Customizable media player to change colors and add your podcast image
- Supports most popular podcast platforms including iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, and more
- Ability to use shortcodes and widgets to add your episodes, playlists, and archive anywhere on your WordPress site
Seriously Simple Podcasting is a free WordPress plugin, but if you want unlimited storage, pricing starts at $19/month.
Thinking about starting a site or want to make it easier to edit your own? Check out our post on picking the best website builder for small business.
Podlove Podcast Publisher is an open source podcasting plugin that’s free. It’s best for people looking for a customizable option with lots of features.
- An active online community
- Options for different templates
- Includes a HTML5 player to play your podcasts
- Supports multi-format publishing by using modern audio and video codecs
- Features chapter support to help you manage your podcast episodes easily
- Comes with analytics so you can see what your listeners are doing with your podcast
Podlove Podcast Publishing is free, and if you’d like support, pricing starts at around $44/month.
Want to start making money with online courses? You should take a peek at our post on the best WordPress LMS plugins to learn more.
If you’re looking to build a strong community of loyal podcast listeners, WPForms is a must-have plugin for your podcasting website. Once you have your podcast listeners on your website, you’ll want the world’s best contact form builder plugin to help you keep them coming back.
- Easy drag and drop builder to create tons of different types of helpful forms for your WordPress site
- Add contact forms in minutes to give your users and advertisers a way to reach you
- Create online order forms to accept payments via Stripe and PayPal to make money from your podcast
- A Survey and Polls addon to uncover what your listeners want to hear more about in future episodes
- Gorgeous conversational forms to help capture the email addresses and information of your website visitors with a conversational contact form
WPForms Lite is free, and the feature-rich WPForms Pro is $199.50/year.
If you want to know how people are finding your podcast website and what they do once they’re there, the MonsterInsights plugin is a must-have. It lands on this list of the best WordPress podcasting plugins since it makes it so easy to learn more about and grow your listener base.
- A Google Optimize tool to let you conduct experiments with your content like A/B testing to find what works best for your site
- Get updated stats in real-time, so you can immediately see people going to your website as you mention it on your podcast
- A link tracking tool that helps you see which episodes are downloaded the most
- Ads tracking helps you see who is clicking on your Google AdSense ads so you can sell ad space on your WordPress website
- A user-friendly dashboard helps you see your podcast site’s performance right in your WordPress dashboard
MonsterInsights Pro is $199.50/year.
If you’re serious about capturing your podcast listeners attention and turning them into loyal fans and paying customers, OptinMonster is for you. It’s the most powerful lead generation software in the world and it’s a brilliant tool to use on any podcasting websites.
- Monetize your podcast audience by turning your website traffic into leads, podcast subscribers, and customers
- Mobile-friendly popups help you optimize your campaigns for tablets and mobile devices, where many podcast listeners visit your site from
- Create your own designs easily from scratch to match your podcast site’s branding
- Insanely effective Exit-Intent® Technology detects a user’s mouse behavior and shows them a targeted message as they are leaving your site to help you grow your email list
OptinMonster Pro costs $29/month (billed annually).
Hands-down one of the easiest way to grow your podcast audience on your website is through RafflePress. It’s a giveaway plugin that helps you coordinate your contests and giveaways from your podcast right on your WordPress site. And we’ve got you covered with this easy tutorial on how to run a giveaway online with RafflePress.
- Grow your podcast following and website traffic by sending listeners to your site to enter contests they hear about on your podcast
- Create beautiful, responsive online giveaways for your website in minutes
- Use pre-built giveaway templates to get more subscribers and improve engagement
- Integrates with your favorite email marketing services so you can easily grow your email list
- Viral sharing feature helps automate word-of-mouth marketing to skyrocket your podcast’s growth
RafflePress pricing starts at $39 per year.
And there you have it. We hope this post helped you find the best WordPress podcasting plugins to use and we wish you tons of success in your business online.
If you’re just setting up your business, you should consider reading our how much does a website really cost post.