Are you in search of the best Paperform alternatives for your WordPress site?
Though Paperform can help you create professional-looking forms, it may not be the most suitable choice for you – particularly if you’re already using WordPress and you want to keep most of your site management inside one platform.
In this article, we will talk in detail about the best Paperform alternatives that can be a better addition to your WordPress website.
What Is Paperform?
Paperform is an online form builder that lets you collect contact information, receive payments, and conduct surveys. It offers unique features like a contextual interface, customizable themes, and an extensive professional template library.
However, the two major drawbacks of Paperform are its pricing plan and user restrictions, which we’ll talk about a little later in this article.
Let’s look at some other form builder tools to help you choose the best Papeform alternative.
Best Paperform Alternatives for WordPress
The below Paperform alternative form builders tools will help you collect data just as quickly and with more flexibility.
In This Article
WPForms is the best alternative to Paperform and stands out as our #1 recommendation.
If your business is just starting out, you can use WPForms Lite for free and collect information easily – WPForms Lite is a beginner-friendly contact form plugin which may work out great for you as a Google Forms alternative as well.
The free version of WPForms comes with all the essential features to help you create contact forms, and with one huge benefit: unlike Paperform, WPForms offers unlimited user access.
With an upgrade to WPForms Pro, you can unlock all the features of WPForms:
- 1,200+ Form Templates: WPForms has 600+ ready-to-use form templates that you can directly embed into your website or customize to fit your needs.
- Integrations: You can seamlessly integrate WPForms with popular email marketing providers, CRMs, and over 5,000 other platforms with Zapier.
- Drag and Drop Form Builder: You can create advanced forms without any coding skills with the help of the drag-and-drop visual builder.
- Conversational Forms: Make your forms interactive and boost conversions with conversational forms addon.
- E-signature: Capture electronic signatures with the signature addon plugin.
- Form Management: Keep track of published forms and changes made to them and retrieve deleted ones easily.
- Engaging Landing Pages: You can create distraction-free and attractive landing pages with the Form Pages addon.
- Conditional Logic: By setting conditional logic, you can show or hide fields based on the user’s responses.
- Security: Protect your forms from spam with the help of hCaptcha, reCAPTCHA, Cloudflare Turnstile, or custom Captcha.
- Multi-page Forms: You can improve user experience by splitting your forms into multiple pages using multi-step forms.
- Online Payment Forms: Create advanced Payment Forms and collect payments with Square, Stripe, or PayPal.
When you compare this with Paperform, its lowest pricing plan can cost nearly $250 for a yearly subscription for one user.
Pricing: WPForms Lite is forever free to use, while the paid versions of WPForms start at $39.50/year.
If you want to create conversational forms, quizzes, or suggestion box forms that show 1 question at a time, you can check out Typeform.
Some features of Typeform are:
- Attractive Forms: Typeform focuses on creating sleek, professional, and beautiful-looking forms to grab the user’s attention.
- Templates: Typeform also offers an extensive library of pre-made templates.
- Question Branching: You can implement question branching/logic jumps depending on user interaction.
Just like with WPForms’ conversational forms, you can create innovative contact forms that are easy to use and enjoyable to fill out. Although Typeform looks modern and help create beautiful-looking forms, it’s not on the budget-friendly side.
Pricing: Typeform Plus plan starts at $480/year with 3 users and a 1000 monthly response limit.
Jotform is another online form builder designed for small businesses. It’s not WordPress dependent, and like with Paperform, you can embed forms made on Jotform to your WordPress website using a code snippet.
Apart from that, Jotform has a vast library of form templates with customization options and 100+ integrations to connect your forms with marketing services.
Some Jotform features include:
- Online Payments: Jotform allows you to receive online payments through your form.
- Form Builder: The online form builder tool makes it easy to create new forms using a drag-and-drop builder.
- Integrations: Connect forms with email marketing services, CRMs, cloud storage apps, and more.
Jotform does not capture partial form submission, which means details of leads who do not complete the forms are not stored. This can prevent you from running cart abandonment campaigns. With the Jotforms starting plan, you can only collect 500 submissions monthly.
So while Paperform is an alternative to Jotform, both platforms have usage limits that could force you to upgrade your plans.
Pricing: Jotform has a free plan with limitations of 5 forms and a 100 monthly submission limit. Its paid plan starts at nearly $300/year.
Gravity Forms is a potential Paperform alternative for WordPress sites. Using this form builder software, you can create forms inside your WordPress dashboard and publish them directly to your site.
Some Gravity Forms features include:
- Conditional Logic: You can display or hide form fields based on user selections providing a more personalized experience.
- Paginated Forms: Make multi-page forms by breaking them into multiple pages for easy navigation.
- Save and Continue: Users can save their forms and continue from the same point next time.
The main downside is that there’s no free version, so you may need to pay for it to find out if it’s got the features you’re looking for as a Paperform replacement.
Pricing: Gravity Forms plans begin at $59 per year for 1 site. If you want to use it on unlimited sites, you’ll have to pay $259/year.
Formstack is an online form builder that helps you create forms within its own platform.
Some Formstack features include:
- User-Friendly Form Builder: Create forms using a drag-and-drop form builder.
- Industry-specific Form Templates: Formstack offers 300+ form templates for education, insurance, real estate, therapy, and other industries.
- Security: Formstack meets GDPR, PCI, and HIPAA compliance to reduce security risks.
While having your forms on their own site, run by one provider, might be a plus point for some, companies who offer hosted forms tend to have more restriction on user access. That’s the case here as well. Formstack has limitations on form storage and the number of users you can assgn to your plan.
You may also find that embedding forms in WordPress is tricky because your theme and form styling could conflict.
Pricing: Formstack Forms plan starts at $600/year for 1 user.
6. Zoho Forms
As an alternative to Paperform, Zoho Forms is a good pick if you already use other Zoho products. Some Zoho Forms features include:
- Integration: Integrate with Zoho CRM and other apps to efficiently automate workflows.
- Notifications: Receive email and SMS notifications when users complete a form.
- Templates: Zoho Forms provides business-specific form templates for medical, construction, HR, education, non-profit, and other industries.
Pricing: Zoho Form plan starts at $120/year for 1 user.
Cognito Forms is an excellent Paperform alternative, mainly if you use Square as your payment processor. However, this tool’s pricing with the Square payments feature is relatively high.
Some Cognito Forms features include:
- Online Payment: Easily collect online payments through forms using Square, Stripe, or PayPal.
- Integrations: Integrate with other applications through Zapier, Microsoft Power Automate, or Integromat.
- Data Management: You can sort and filter information to improve understanding.
Pricing: Cognito Forms’ pricing with Stripe, Square, and PayPal payment options starts at $35/month.
What Is the Best Paperform Alternative?
For WordPress compatibility and value for money, WPForms Pro is the best alternative to Paperform.
The Pro license gives you all of the features and addons you need to grow your business. And even if you’re using the free version, you get a big boost with WPForms: unlimited users, unlimited forms, and unlimited entries.
The intuitive drag and drop form builder tool allows you to create professional-looking forms without writing code.
Conditional logic allows you to personalize your form specific to the user. Getting your forms to work precisely how you want them to is easy.
Unlike WPForms, Paperform doesn’t offer any free option. With WPForms Lite, you can create custom forms for your WordPress site without any fee. It is the most popular form builder plugin on WordPress.org, with 5+ million active installations and 11,000+ 5-star ratings.
The premium version, an affordable and feature-rich Paperform alternative, allows you to create surveys, take online payments, and more.
On top of that, WPForms offers awesome customer support. The customer support teams and extensive documentation library.
We hope this article helped you make the right decision and find the best alternative to Paperform. For us, we think WPForms is the clear winner here.
FAQs on Paperform Alternatives
Here are a few common questions that readers ask us when looking for Paperform alternatives.
Is There a Free Version of Paperform?
Paperform offers a free trial that works for 14 days. You can try out its main features during the trial and decide if you’d like to upgrade to the Pro version.
If you’re looking for a free form builder that doesn’t expire, you can try WPForms Lite. It offers unlimited forms and entries, and it includes tons of useful features like form revisions, no-code form styling options. and more.
How Much Does Paperform Cost?
The lowest Paperform pricing plan starts at $240 per year. This is considerably more expensive than other full-featured alternatives out there like WPForms, which starts at $49.50 per year.
Even with paid plans, Paperform restricts the number of form submissions per month unless you buy their most expensive agency plan.
Next, Give Your WordPress Site a Health Check
Are you looking to create a well-functioning WordPress site?
Periodic audits of your WordPress site are a must to create a fully functional and well-optimized website. Check out this guide on how to audit your WordPress site.
Ready to build your form? Get started today with the easiest WordPress form builder plugin. WPForms Pro includes lots of free templates and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.