Documentation, Reference Materials and Tutorials for WPForms
WPForms makes it super easy to add email subscription signup forms using popular email service providers like Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, etc. In this article, we will show you how to install and use Campaign Monitor addon for WPForms.
Based on the license you purchase, you will have access to specific addons that will help you extend the functionality of WPForms. If you do not have access to Campaign Monitor addon for WPForms, then please see our guide on how to upgrade your WPForms license.
We are assuming, that you have already installed WPForms on your WordPress site.
1. Login to your WordPress admin area and click on WPForms and then click on Addons.
Click on the Install button next to Campaign Monitor addon and then click on Activate.
2. This will download and install the Campaign Monitor addon.
3. You need to click on Activate in order to start using Campaign Monitor Addon with WPForms.
Integrating Campaign Monitor with WPForms
4. Click on WPForms menu item in WordPress admin menu, and then click on Settings.
Click on the Integrations tab and there you will find Campaign Monitor integration option.
Clicking on it will display ‘Add New Account’ button. To add your Campaign Monitor account, you need to click the button and provide your Campaign Monitor API key and a nickname for the account.
Getting Campaign Monitor API Key
5. Login to your Campaign Monitor account. Go to Manage Account. Select API keys at the bottom of the screen.
Click Show API Key. Copy the API key.
6. You can now paste this API key in your Campaign Monitor Integration settings page in WordPress. Also paste the Client ID.
Click on ‘Connect to Campaign Monitor’ button to continue.
7. WPForms will now connect to your Campaign Monitor account. Upon successful authentication, it will change integration status as connected.
How to Use Campaign Monitor Addon with WPForms
1. Click on the WPForms menu item in the WordPress admin menu. Edit a form where you want to add email signup or create a new form.
If this is your first time creating a form with WPForms, then take a look at this article on creating your first form with WPForms.
2. In the form builder, click on the Marketing tab and then click on Campaign Monitor. You will need to click on the ‘Add New Connection’ button.
This will bring up a popup where you need to provide a nickname for this connection. You can use any nickname you like.
3. WPForms will now fetch your Campaign Monitor account information. You will need to select your Campaign Monitor account and email list you want to use.
After that you need to select list fields you want to add to your form fields.
Click on the save button to continue.
That’s all, you have successfully installed Campaign Monitor addon with WPForms and learned how to use it to create your own email signup forms.
- Changed: Improved display order of account fields.
- Fixed: Error when adding account from Settings > Integrations tab.
- Changed: Adjust display order so that the providers show in alphabetical order
- Fixed: Improved checking for other Campaign Monitor plugins to avoid conflicts
- Changed: Improved error logging
- Initial release.