Documentation, Reference Materials and Tutorials for WPForms
WPForms makes it super easy to add email subscription signup forms using popular email service providers like MailChimp, Aweber, etc. In this article, we will show you how to install and use MailChimp addon for WPForms.
Based on the license you purchase, you will have access to specific addons that will help you extend the functionality of WPForms. If you do not have access to PayPal addon for WPForms, then please see our guide on how to upgrade your WPForms license.
We are assuming, that you have already installed WPForms on your WordPress site.
1. Login to your WordPress admin area and click on WPForms and then click on Addons.
2. Click on the Install button next to MailChimp addon.
This will download and install the MailChimp addon.
3. You need to click on Activate in order to start using MailChimp Addon with WPForms.
Integrating MailChimp with WPForms
4. Click on WPForms menu item in WordPress admin menu, and then click on Settings.
Click on the Integrations tab and there you will find MailChimp integration option.
Clicking on it will display ‘Add New Account’ button. To add your MailChimp account, you need to click the button and provide your MailChimp API key and a nickname for the account.
Getting MailChimp API Key
5. Login to your MailChimp account. Go to your account settings.
Click on Extras and then click on API Keys. This will bring you to the API keys section. Simply click on Generate API key button and copy your API key.
6. You can now paste this API key in your MailChimp Integration settings page in WordPress.
Click on ‘Connect to MailChimp’ button to continue.
7. WPForms will now connect to your MailChimp account. Upon successful authentication, it will change integration status as connected.
How to Use MailChimp Addon with WPForms
1. Click on the WPForms menu item in the WordPress admin menu. Edit a form where you want to add email signup or create a new form.
If this is your first time creating a form with WPForms, then take a look at this article on creating your first form with WPForms.
2. In the form builder, click on the Marketing tab and then click on MailChimp. You will need to click on the ‘Add New Connection’ button.
3. This will bring up a popup where you need to provide a nickname for this connection. You can use any nickname you like.
4. WPForms will now fetch your MailChimp account information. You will need to select your MailChimp account and email list you want to use.
After that you need to select list fields you want to add to your form fields.
Click on the save button to continue.
That’s all, you have successfully installed MailChimp addon with WPForms and learned how to use it to create your own email signup forms.
- Fixed: Issue for some users connecting v3 accounts
- Added: MailChimp API version 3 support
- Changed: MailChimp API version 2 support has been deprecated, please reconnect forms using the new version 3
- Changed: Adjust display order so that the providers show in alphabetical order
- Changed: Namespaced Mailchimp PHP classes to prevent conflicts
- Changed: Improved error logging
- Changed: Prevent plugin from running if WPForms Pro is not activated
- Changed: Corrected AWeber capitilization inside form builder
- Changed: Disable SSL verify which causes issues with some web hosts
- Changed: Improved error logging
- Initial release.