Are you looking for the best WordPress email subscription plugins?
Email subscription plugins help you grow your email list and provide a professional way to communicate and build a relationship with your audience.
Building an email list is challenging, but you can increase your subscribers and manage your email list with an effective strategy and a powerful plugin.
In this article, we’ve hand-picked the top email subscription plugins you can easily use with WordPress.
In This Article
Now let’s see a list of popular email subscription plugins!
Top WordPress Email Subscription Plugins [Free + Pro]
We’ve listed both free and paid plugin options so that you can choose the best fit for your business.
WPForms is a top-rated contact form builder that integrates with popular email services, making it ideal as a newsletter plugin for WordPress. With its easy drag-and-drop interface, you can create any online forms on your website.
You can effortlessly create email subscription forms in WPForms and send the information of the subscribers you collect directly to your email marketing platform automatically. It’s the perfect tool for small businesses that want to grow their email subscriber list.
With WPForms, you can create:
- Constant Contact subscribe forms with a checkbox for your visitors to join your WordPress newsletter
- Brevo forms to automate your email marketing and increase engagement
- Drip newsletter signup forms to automate the process of collecting leads with WordPress
- AWeber subscribe forms to build a high-quality email list
- Mailchimp subscribe forms to grow your email marketing list bigger
- GetResponse subscribe form to grow your email list
- Campaign Monitor newsletter signup forms
- MailerLite forms for lead generation
WPForms also has a huge pre-built template library comprising 1,400 form templates.
Apart from other marketing templates, this library includes a Newsletter Signup Form template. You can use this template if you don’t want to build your subscription form from scratch.
The drag-and-drop interface makes the form customizations super easy. You can add, remove, delete, and modify the form field with just a single click.
In fact, you can even use WPForms along with Elementor and leverage the power of both plugins to create stylish custom signup forms. You don’t even need a paid version of either plugin to access most form styling features!
Once you create your form and integrate it with your email service provider, you can let your visitors choose which segment or group they want to join. This way, you can rest assured that your email marketing campaigns are targeted to the right audience.
With the flexible embedding options of WPForms, you can easily display your forms in multiple locations, and even add your subscription form as your website’s sidebar widget.
WPForms’ email marketing integrations include plenty of features to improve your workflow. For instance, you can:
- Add the user as a new contact to your mailing list
- Unsubscribe an existing contact from the mailing list
- Archive an existing contact from your mailing list
- And permanently delete the contact from your mailing list.
Furthermore, you can view a detailed report of your form submissions’ and track lead sources for your website.
- Easy drag-and-drop form builder
- Ready-made subscribe form templates
- Popular email marketing tool integrations
- Receive payments via integrations with PayPal, Square, Authorize.net, and Stripe
- Powerful anti-spam features such as reCaptcha, hCaptcha, Cloudflare Turnstile, and custom Captcha
- Mark subscriber as VIP
- Double optin functionality
- Notified users if they are already subscribed to your list
- Conditional logic
- And more…
Overall, WPForms is the most user-friendly email marketing plugin for WordPress.
Pricing: WPForms comes with both free and premium versions. The free plan includes Constant Contact integration. To integrate other email marketing addons, you need to upgrade to higher-paid plans of WPForms.
OptinMonster is hands down the best lead generation and popup plugins for WordPress. It helps you attract visitors, increase page views, collect email addresses, and generate more revenue by displaying exciting marketing popups and opt-in forms.
Even better, OptinMonster supports all popular email marketing tools and CRM platforms such as Mailchimp, Brevo, and AWeber.
With the OptinMonster plugin, you can create interactive popup campaigns, email subscription forms, floating bars, notification bars, and other types of campaigns that encourage your visitors to take action—all that without writing a single line of code.
You can also create an email signup form with WPForms and embed it in an OptinMonster popup to use these two email subscription plugins together.
For more info, check out our detailed review of the OptinMonster plugin.
- Easy drag and drop builder
- A/B testing to optimize your campaigns based on real results
- 50+ pre-built email templates help you get started in a few clicks
- Flexibility to add animation and sound effects to create eye-catchy email campaigns
- Geolocation feature to target visitors based on their physical location
- Display an attention-grabbing exit-intent popup to the visitor that immediately leaves your website
- Advanced targeting rules to display campaigns to the right audience
- And more…
Whether you’re an eCommerce store or a standard online site, OptinMonster is an incredibly powerful tool for email list building.
Pricing: OptinMonster only offers premium plans starting at $9/mo.
You can host giveaways on your WordPress websites and set entry actions for your users to enter the contest. RafflePress includes multiple content entry actions that you can choose from.
Including social media channels, you can also set a Newsletter Subscribe entry to build your mailing list. And to capture more leads, you can give participants multiple entries for subscribing to your newsletter.
This is one of the prominent ways to get more leads and build a powerful email list.
Also, RafflePress provides seamless integration with popular email marketing services so that you can build and manage your leads with your preferred tool.
RafflePress is not just a giveaways plugin; you can do more with its advanced and powerful features. Check more details in our in-depth review of RafflePress.
- Easy drag and drop builder
- Create customized giveaways
- Compatible with email marketing tools such as Constant Contact, AWeber, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, and more.
- Pre-built giveaway templates
- Display opt-in confirmation checkbox
- And more…
Pricing: Includes both free and pro versions. The paid plan starts at $31.60/ year.
With the SeedProd page builder plugin, you can create:
- Coming soon pages
- Maintenance mode pages
- Sales pages
- Thank you pages
- Login pages
- Webinar pages
- And more…
If you don’t want to start creating pages from a blank canvas, you can simply use the pre-built landing page templates of SeedProd. These templates are customizable; you can change the look and design according to your brand.
SeedProd works smoothly with WPForms and OptinMonster. You can embed email subscription forms and optin campaigns directly on your landing pages to generate more leads for your website.
Is SeedProd really worth it? Check out our detailed SeedProd Review to know more!
- Drag and drop builder
- Pre-built landing page templates
- Integrated with AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Drip, and more
- Landing page-specific blocks
- Live previews
- Responsive and mobile ready
- And more…
Pricing: Starts at $31.60/year.
5. Thrive Leads
- Drag-and-drop builder
- Multiple optin form styles including popup lightboxes and sticky ribbons
- Built-in A/B testing
- Reporting to help you make data-driven decisions
- Advanced targeting features
Pricing: Starts at $99 per year.
Newsletter is one of the best WordPress newsletter plugins that lets you create, send and manage newsletters directly from the WordPress dashboard.
The Newsletter plugin has an interactive visual composer that opens in your WordPress dashboard. You can drag and drop components and build beautiful email newsletters.
The Newsletter plugin includes both free and pro features. With its free version, you can create a basic newsletter and get few reporting features. However, its pro version is loaded with more advanced features.
With this plugin, you can add a subscription form or popup to your WordPress site to capture leads. You can fragment your email list and automate your blog newsletter.
Newsletter completely supports SMTP services, so if you face difficulty sending newsletters directly from WordPress, an SMTP plugin will help with that. Check out this article to learn how to fix The Newsletter Plugin not sending an email.
- Easy-to-use Drag and drop composer
- Add unlimited subscribers
- Send unlimited newsletters
- Compatible with tools like Amazon SES, SendGrid, Mailgun
- Multi-list targeting
- Built-in reporting tool
- Automate newsletters
- And more…
Pricing: Starts at $69/year.
To make the process more manageable, you can import a list from your CMS and send your emails right away.
It comes with a feature that you can use to create a series of automated emails. For instance, you can send welcome emails automatically to new subscribers. You can schedule multiple emails for different occasions to send.
MailPoet is indeed a powerful email tool with multiple advanced features.
- Send unlimited emails
- Send automatic email notifications
- Advanced analytics
- Email list segmentation
- WooCommerce specific segments
- GDPR compliant
- And more…
Pricing: Free for 1,000 subscribers. Paid plans start at $10/month with greater sending limits and advanced features.
Email Subscribers and Newsletters by Icegram is another free WordPress newsletter plugin. It includes many similar features to the Newsletter plugin.
You can send email newsletters and blog post notifications to your subscribers directly from your WordPress dashboard, eliminating the need for SaaS email marketing tools. It’s a great option if you’re a new website just starting out without the funds to afford a full-fledged email marketing service like Drip.
You can send unlimited newsletters and automate updates to send out for each blog post published.
The Email Subscribers and Newsletters plugin lets you add a subscription box anywhere on your website to collect leads easily. It’s also GDPR compliant.
- Double opt-in functionality
- Flexibility to add captchas to subscription box
- Spam testing services
- Send unlimited broadcasts
- Automatic welcome email
- Advance campaign reports
- And more…
Pricing: Offers both free and paid plans. Pricing for the premium version starts at $129/year.
How We Picked the Top WordPress Email Subscription Plugins?
There are a lot of plugins out there for collecting email subscribers. However, our goal is to recommend only those plugins that meet our expectations during our tests based on the following considerations:
- Ease of use: I only recommend email subscription plugins that are user-friendly and don’t require you to have any technical knowledge to create subscription forms and campaigns on your site. All plugins on my list provide excellent ease of use.
- Reviews and ratings: The ultimate test of the quality of a plugin is to see how well-liked it is by real users. This list only includes plugins that are rated 4 or above out of 5 with hundreds of 5-star reviews.
- Features and Integrations: For a subscription plugin, it’s really important to have native support for integrations with email marketing services and other tools. This way, you can automatically copy collected emails on your WordPress site to your marketing software.
- Customization: A good email subscription plugin needs to offer easy customizations. So if you need to add branding elements like your logo and edit the styling of your signup form, it should be straightforward and intuitive without needing any code.
- Updates: The best WordPress email subscription plugins are frequently updated and tested for compatibility with the latest WordPress versions. This is why I’ve only included the plugins that are regularly updated and tested by their developers.
Best Email Subscription Plugins for WordPress FAQs
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs below.
Can You Add Email Subscription to WordPress?
Yes, you can easily add an email subscription to your WordPress site by embedding a newsletter signup form.
Plugins like WPForms and OptinMonster make it easy for beginners to design and add newsletter subscription forms to your WordPress website and then connect those forms to dedicated email marketing services.
This way, new leads get added to your email list so you can engage them with weekly newsletters sent from your email marketing tool.
How Do I Receive an Email From a WordPress Form?
Form plugins like WPForms automatically send you an email notification every time visitors fill them out. So if a potential lead fills out an email subscription form, WPForms will instantly send you an email to notify you of your new leads.
Can I Directly Send Newsletters From WordPress?
Yes, you can use certain plugins like The Newsletter Plugin to send newsletters from WordPress. However, we recommend using dedicated email marketing platforms like Constant Contact, MailerLite, Aweber, etc.
These tools specialize in email marketing so you get tons of automation capabilities to send personalized emails to different segments of your email list based on their behavior, interests, engagement level, and so on.
You’ll also find it much easier to design professional emails with email builders offered by top quality. marketing tools.
How Do I Create a Subscription Form in WordPress?
You can create email subscriptions on your WordPress site by combining 2 tools:
- Email marketing software: To build a list of subscribers
- WordPress email subscription plugin: To manage and create email subscription forms within your WordPress dashboard.
Doesn’t matter which email marketing tool you use; to integrate it with the WordPress website, you need an email subscription plugin.
Things to consider before choosing a WordPress email subscription plugin:
- Must be compatible with popular email marketing services like Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and Brevo (formerly Sendinblue)
- Provides flexible embedding options so that you can easily add your subscription forms to any page or post of your website
- Must include anti-spam features such as hCaptcha or reCaptcha to stop contact form spam.
- Provides actionable insights that you can use to improve your email marketing strategies.
Next, Collect Email Signups in a Popup
And there you’ve it! We hope this article helps you choose the best email subscription plugins for your WordPress websites.
After creating subscription forms, do check out these interactive email signup popup examples for your next inspiration.
We recommend reading other roundup posts focusing on different types of WordPress plugins to help improve your business:
- Best Lead Generation Plugins
- Best Affiliate Plugins
- Best Social Media Plugins
- Best Coupon Code Plugins
- Best Checkout Plugins
If you just started with email marketing, then you might also be interested in learning how to get started with email automation.