Are you having trouble writing a thank you page? When set up correctly, a good thank you page will help you to track the conversion rate of your form and boost customer loyalty. In this article, we’ll show you 5 thank you page examples for boosting customer loyalty.
Thank You Page vs. Confirmation Message
With WPForms, you can either show a confirmation message to your visitor or direct them to a thank you page after submitting a form.
Showing a confirmation message beneath your form is the easiest way to confirm your visitors that the form is being submitted successfully.
However, using a thank you page over confirmation message has lots of benefits. Some of them are:
- Better tracking: You can track the conversion rate of your form by creating a Google Analytics goal. By tracking the conversion rate, you can see whether changes to your form are boosting your form conversions.
- Increase engagement: You can customize your thank you page by integrating useful links to various resources on your site. This way, you can increase your visitor engagement.
- Boost customer loyalty: Creating a customized thank you page gives you opportunities to boost customer loyalty by creating a deeper connection with visitors who reach out to you.
Be sure to check out our post on the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress.
How to Direct Visitors to a Thank You Page
With WPForms, you can easily direct your visitors to a thank you page after filling out your form.
If you’re after an easy solution to create a thank you page, all you need to do is to create a simple WordPress page and add the following copy:
Thanks for contacting us! We will be in touch with you shortly.
To direct your visitors to the thank you page, you can go to your form builder. Then navigate to Settings » Confirmation and then, choose Show Page as your Confirmation Type. In the Confirmation Page dropdown menu, you can choose the right thank you page you’ve just created.
To track your conversion rates, you can refer to our guide on how to track form submissions in Google Analytics.
Now that we’ve discussed how to create a simple thank you page, let’s take a look at a few thank you page examples for boosting customer loyalty.
1. Entice Users to Take the Desired Action
In many cases, creating a simple thank you page is NOT an ideal solution. This is especially true when you’re building an email list.
In that case, you’ll have to create two thank you pages to entice your visitors to take an action.
- To confirm email upon form submission: After submitting your form, you can direct your visitors to a thank you page where you can ask them to check their email right away to confirm their email address.
- To confirm subscription: After they confirm their email address, you can direct your visitors to a thank you page that confirms that they’ve successfully added to the list.
Take a look at an excellent example of a thank you page by Smart Podcast Player that encourages visitors to take the desired action.
Below are a few actionable tips you can learn from the above example.
- Create a customized title: Rather than using a generic “Thank You,” ask them to take the desired action right away in your title. This way, you can persuade more visitors to confirm their email address.
- Write detailed, compelling copy: In the body of your page, you can thank your visitors and explain in detail how to confirm their email address.
Interested in podcasting? Be sure to check out our post about the best WordPress podcasting plugins
2. Add Relevant Links to Useful Resources
In your thank you page, adding relevant links to useful resources is a great strategy to increase visitor engagement.
If you’re looking for inspiration, you can check out the below thank you page example.
You can see that SiteTuners included relevant links to white papers and case studies in their thank you page.
If you don’t have many downloadable resources to offer your visitors, you can include links to…
- your most popular articles
- your products or services
- your social networking profiles
3. Direct Your Leads to the Next Step
By submitting any form on your site, your visitor is taking a step towards becoming a loyal customer. With a customized thank you page, aside from showing gratitude to your visitors, you can help them to take the next step to becoming more loyal to your brand.
Take a look at a thank you page example below.
In addition to showing gratitude for the purchase, the page features a special offer to make an additional purchase, and become more loyal to the brand.
4. Create a Positive Perception
It is disappointing when your subscribers take a negative action like unsubscribing from your email list or requesting a refund for their recent order.
While you can’t always convince your customers to reverse their negative action, it is possible to turn their negative experience into a positive brand perception.
Take a look at an example of HubSpot.
HubSpot has a cute email unsubscribe page that can bring a smile on your face. It features a video by Dan Sally who seems disappointed in the video because you’re unsubscribing.
Additionally, in the thank you page, subscribers are encouraged to follow HubSpot on social media.
Thank You Page Tips to Remember…
We hope this article introduced you some excellent thank you page examples to get inspired. When creating a thank you page, always remember a few things.
- Track the performance of your form: You can compare visitors to a page on your website against those that have submitted the form on that page in Google Analytics. Refer to this guide to learn more.
- Hide your thank you page from Google: You can instruct search engines not to index your thank you page using the robots.txt file of your site. For detailed instructions, you can refer to this guide on How to Hide a WordPress Page from Google.
You might also want to check out our article on 3 Form Success Message Ideas to Boost Customer Happiness.
What are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.