Are you looking for the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress?
Stripe lets people pay by credit card or with their bank account on your website. It’s the ideal payment gateway if you’re selling goods or services online.
For this post, we tested a bunch of popular Stripe solutions, but only a few made it into our list of the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress.
In This Article
Best Stripe Payment Plugins for WordPress
Here’s our list of the best tools to use as Stripe payment plugins for your WordPress website.
Note: To use a Stripe plugin, you’ll need to be using SSL on your website. Check out how to get a free SSL certificate to learn more.
WPForms is a well-known form builder plugin for WordPress, and it’s also the best Stripe WordPress plugin. It provides the easiest way to integrate your order or membership forms with the Stripe payment gateway.
WPForms is one of the only few WordPress plugins that give you payment forms with Stripe webhook integration for all license levels (including the free version). For Lite, Basic, and Plus users, there’s a nominal 3% fee per transaction plus Stripe fees.
You can remove the additional 3% transaction fee if you upgrade to WPForms Pro or above. The Pro license also unlocks the Stripe Pro addon, which lets you use conditional logic to give both recurring and one-time payment options to customers in the same form!
With the Stripe integration, you can also accept Apple Pay on your forms . That’s not all. You can take Google Pay payments via your forms or use over 25 different supported payment methods in Stripe.
On top of that, WPForms makes it super easy to create payment forms for all kinds of purposes and collect all kinds of currencies. You can use pre-built form templates for marketing, donation forms for nonprofits, and more.
Stripe also gives your customers one-click checkout functionality with Link. This is a convenient feature that stores the card details of Stripe users, allowing them to easily reuse them with a single click later.
Plus, it also lets you collect payments and donations online via other popular payment methods including Square, Authorize.Net and PayPal. You can even track Stripe refund status updates directly from within your WordPress dashboard.
Overall, WPForms is one of the best WordPress plugins for creating Stripe payment forms.
- Includes tons of templates like the online order form to sell digital downloads, physical services, and goods, or to collect donations
- Includes tons of features to create high-converting forms like conversational contact forms, landing pages, surveys, and more
- You can combine different fields with payment. For example, you can require payment on a file upload form
- Smart conditional logic lets you show or hide fields based on user’s answers so you can do things like allow multiple payment types on your forms, not just Stripe
WP Simple Pay lands on our list of the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress because it’s very simple. It doesn’t even require you to set up a shopping cart to start accepting online payments with Stripe on your website.
We recommend WP Simple Pay for beginners seeking Stripe for WordPress in scenarios where one-time or recurring payments are required on a site without a shopping cart.
- Accept donations on your website with this WordPress online payment plugin
- Super easy to set up, even if you’re a beginner with building websites and not very technical
- Use a coupon code field to give your customers a percentage off with discount codes
- Multi-language support so you can make your website multilingual
- Offers friendly support and extensive documentation so you always have help when you need it
Want to learn more? Check out our detailed review of WP Simple Pay.
The cool thing about Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) is that it’s not only fantastic for selling digital products on your website, but it lets you do it with Stripe.
So if you’re selling digital goods, EDD is much more suited to your needs than WooCommerce.
It’s important to note that the Stripe extension for Easy Digital Downloads costs extra (starting at $89), but Easy Digital Downloads comes with 3 other payment gateways including PayPal Standard, Amazon Payments, and Test Payment.
- Allows for Stripe subscriptions
- Ability to let users store saved card information so they can return easily
- Lets you pre-approve payments and accept Stripe payments at a later date
- Includes a test mode for you to try things out and simulate customer actions without it messing with your reporting
WooCommerce is an awesome eCommerce plugin for WordPress that lets you run an online store and collect online payments with Stripe. It’s very popular — In fact, it powers over a quarter of all eCommerce websites.
- There are tons of WooCommerce plugins and extensions you can use to expand the functionality of your eCommerce store
- Explode your sales by adding live sales notifications for WooCommerce
- It’s flexible, so you can use both Stripe and PayPal
- Works with Stripe refunds
- Supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and is PCI-DSS Compliant with Stripe Elements hosted input fields
- There are many WooCommerce themes to make your website even more outstanding and easy to use
MemberPress is not only the best membership plugin, it’s also one of the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress.
- Accepts both Stripe and PayPal to maximize your reach to even more customers
- Supports recurring Stripe payments
- Lets you make money off selling courses online and/or adding a membership section to your site
- Ability to lock specific downloads
Above all, the best WordPress LMS plugin luckily is also integrated with Stripe. LearnDash is a great choice as a WordPress Stripe payment plugin for many reasons, including the fact that their Stripe integration is free.
- Includes tons of powerful features like Quizzes, Grading Systems, Multi-Tier Courses, and Assignments for your online students
- Ability to accept payments with Stripe or PayPal, so you get to choose what’s right for your small business marketing plan
- Gorgeous payment box overlay comes in a lightbox style that pops up over the rest of the screen makes this one of the best WordPress payment plugins
- Automatic user creation and enrollment after a successful payment, so your customers can get started right away without you needing to do anything
WP Full Stripe offers an easy and secure way to accept Stripe on your website. Also, it’s incredibly simple to set up, and they claim it can be done in just minutes.
- This is a very popular tool, being one of the most downloaded Stripe payment plugin for WordPress on CodeCanyon
- Collect customers payment info if you’d like to charge them later
- Accept donations to help boost your fundraising efforts so you can use this as a Stripe donation plugin for WordPress
- It’s reliable and secure since it doesn’t sore any credit card data inside WordPress, so your website will be PCI-DSS compliant
- Customizable so you can adjust the appearance to match your small business WordPress theme
Bonus: Stripe Payments
Stripe Payments is a free Stripe payment plugin for WordPress websites that makes it easy to accept credit card payments with Stripe online.
You can do this by adding a Buy Now button right onto your website by using shortcode. And if you’re looking for a free payment gateway plugin for WordPress, this could be an excellent choice for you.
- It’s responsive so it will look great on all devices of all sizes
- The shortcode lets you add the Stripe “Buy Now” button anywhere on your site that you’d like
- A Remember-Me feature for customers who return so they can check out more easily
- Offers 1-click payment option
- View all transaction info in the orders menu of the plugin so you can review the Stripe payment history on your website
- Installation is quick and easy to get going
And there you have it! That’s our list of the very best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress.
Hopefully, this post helped you figure out which tool might be the best one for you to use on your own website to accept credit card payments with an easy Stripe WordPress integration.
Best WordPress Stripe Plugins FAQs
Why Use Stripe Payments on Your Website?
Stripe is one of the most secure payment solutions for online businesses. It’s easy to configure and implement for websites while also being very reasonably priced and offering a seamless checkout experience for customers. During Stripe checkout, your customers also get a huge variety of payment options including debit card or credit card payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and a lot more.
Does Stripe Require a Monthly Fee?
No, Stripe doesn’t require a monthly fee. Stripe only charges fees per transaction. If you’re collecting payments in WPForms with Stripe, you’ll be charged a 3% payment processing fee per transaction along with Stripe’s regular fee. However, the 3% charge is removed for Pro and Elite users, and you’ll only be paying the fixed Stripe fees per transaction.
Can You Pass on Stripe Fees to Customers?
Technically, you can pass on Stripe fees to customers. However, it’s not encouraged to do so, and may be against your country’s laws. Make sure to check with your lawyer first if you do want to pass on Stripe fees to your customers. We also recommend being transparent about it with your customers to avoid potential issues later on.
Next, Consider Data Storage in WordPress
WPForms is PCI compliant, which means it conforms with industry standards – and it never stores credit card information. To check the regulations around data storage, you’ll also want to check out this list of WordPress GDPR plugins.
And while we’re on the topic of payment methods, you may want to read some of our other roundups about payment solutions for WordPress:
- Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- Best Payment Processors for Nonprofits
- Stripe vs Square: Which Option Suits You Better?
- Best Ways to Collect Charity Donations Online
- Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
So what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro includes the Stripe addon that lets you accept Stripe right on your WordPress site, plus offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.