Are you looking for the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress?
Stripe lets people pay by credit card or with their bank account on your website. It’s the ideal payment gateway if you’re selling goods or services online.
For this post, we tested a bunch of popular Stripe solutions, but only a few made it into our list of the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress.
In This Article
Why Use Stripe Payments on Your Website?
There are several reasons why you should be using a WordPress Stripe plugin.
- No Account Needed — Your customers and website visitors don’t need to have a Stripe account to pay you with Stripe.
- Very Popular — Stripe is one of the most reliable online payment processors and is used globally by huge companies like Target, Wish, Lyft, Unicef, and more.
- Ease of Use — Stripe is very easy to set up and can be done in minutes. The best plugins offer a simple, no-code Stripe WordPress integration process as well.
- On-Site Checkout — With Stripe, your users never have to leave your site to enter their card information and checkout.
- Easy to Set Up — Doesn’t require you to go through the process of setting up a merchant account, which can be a long process with many payment providers.
- No Hidden Fees — Stripe doesn’t have any hidden costs, which PayPal is sometimes known for, so you can budget for your business better.
To use Stripe, you’ll need to be using SSL on your website. Check out how to get a free SSL certificate to learn more.
So now that you know why you might want to use the Stripe payment gateway on your website, let’s take a look at our handpicked list of the very best Stripe tools out there.
The Best Stripe Payment Plugins for WordPress
Here’s our list of great tools to use as Stripe payment plugins for your WordPress website.
WPForms is a well-known form builder plugin for WordPress, and it’s also the best Stripe WordPress plugin. It provides the easiest way to integrate your order or membership forms with Stripe as your payment gateway.
When comparing WPForms to other plugins, we noticed that WPForms offers a highly streamlined integration process for Stripe. On top of that, WPForms makes it super easy to create payment forms for all kinds of purposes.
With a high level of flexibility and ease of use, WPForms easily beats all the other Stripe payment plugins that we tested for this post.
- Includes tons of templates like the online order form to sell digital downloads, physical services, and goods, or to collect donations
- Is incredibly easy to use with a drag and drop visual builder so you don’t have to spend money on hiring a web developer to set up your Stripe integration and payment forms
- Includes tons of features to create high-converting forms like conversational contact forms, landing pages, surveys, and more
- Ability to use Stripe recurring payments
- You can combine different fields with payment. For example, you can require payment on a file upload form
- Smart conditional logic lets you show or hide fields based on user’s answers so you can do things like allow multiple payment types on your forms, not just Stripe
Overall, WPForms is the ideal choice if you want Stripe for WordPress forms.
WP Simple Pay lands on our list of the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress because it’s very simple. It doesn’t even require you to set up a shopping cart to start accepting online payments with Stripe on your website.
We recommend WP Simple Pay for beginners seeking Stripe for WordPress in scenarios where one-time or recurring payments are required on a site without a shopping cart.
- On top of collecting payments, you can accept donations on your website with this WordPress online payment plugin
- Super easy to set up, even if you’re a beginner with building websites and not very technical
- Use a coupon code field to give your customers a percentage off with discount codes
- Multi-language support so you can make your website multilingual
- Offers friendly support and extensive documentation so you always have help when you need it
The cool thing about Easy Digital Downloads is that it’s not only fantastic for selling digital goods from your website, but it lets you do it with Stripe.
So this is a simpler option than the WooCommerce plugin that comes with tons of options that is usually more helpful for people selling physical goods. It integrates with Stripe, which also makes it a really good WordPress Stripe plugin for eCommerce stores.
- It’s important to note that the Stripe extension for Easy Digital Downloads costs extra (starting at $89), but Easy Digital Downloads comes with 3 other payment gateways including PayPal Standard, Amazon Payments, and Test Payment
- This extension is the most feature-rich gateway integration available on Easy Digital Downloads, so it’s got a lot of functionality
- Allows for Stripe subscriptions
- Ability to let users store saved card information so they can return easily
- Lets you pre-approve payments and charge at a later date
- Includes a test mode for you to try things out and simulate customer actions without it messing with your reporting
WooCommerce is an awesome eCommerce plugin for WordPress that lets you run an online store and collect online payments with Stripe. It’s very popular — In fact, it powers over a quarter of all eCommerce websites.
- There are tons of WooCommerce plugins and extensions you can use to expand the functionality of your eCommerce store
- Explode your sales by adding live sales notifications for WooCommerce
- It’s flexible so you can use both Stripe and PayPal
- Works with Stripe refunds
- Supports Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and is PCI-DSS Compliant with Stripe Elements hosted input fields
- There are many WooCommerce themes to make your website even more outstanding and easy to use
MemberPress is not only the best membership plugin, it’s also one of the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress. And MemberPress lets you sell courses online and accept payment via Stripe when doing so. To learn more, check out this guide about how to create a membership website in WordPress.
- Accepts both Stripe and PayPal to maximize your reach to even more customers
- Supports recurring Stripe payments
- Lets you make money off selling courses online and/or adding a membership section to your site
- Ability to lock specific downloads
Above all, the best WordPress LMS plugin luckily is also integrated with Stripe. LearnDash is a great choice as a WordPress Stripe payment plugin for many reasons, including the fact that their Stripe integration is free.
- Includes tons of powerful features like Quizzes, Grading Systems, Multi-Tier Courses, and Assignments for your online students
- Ability to accept payments with Stripe or PayPal, so you get to choose what’s right for your small business marketing plan
- Gorgeous payment box overlay comes in a lightbox style that pops up over the rest of the screen makes this one of the best WordPress payment plugins
- Automatic user creation and enrollment after a successful payment, so your customers can get started right away without you needing to do anything
WP Full Stripe offers an easy and secure way to accept Stripe on your website. Also, it’s incredibly simple to set up, and they claim it can be done in just minutes.
- This is a very popular tool, being one of the most downloaded Stripe payment plugin for WordPress on CodeCanyon
- Collect customers payment info if you’d like to charge them later
- Accept donations to help boost your fundraising efforts so you can use this as a Stripe donation plugin for WordPress
- It’s reliable and secure since it doesn’t sore any credit card data inside WordPress, so your website will be PCI-DSS compliant
- Customizable so you can adjust the appearance to match your small business WordPress theme
Stripe Payments is a free Stripe payment plugin for WordPress websites that makes it easy to accept credit card payments with Stripe online.
You can do this by adding a Buy Now button right onto your website by using shortcode. And if you’re looking for a free payment gateway plugin for WordPress, this could be an excellent choice for you.
- It’s responsive so it will look great on all devices of all sizes
- The shortcode lets you add the Stripe “Buy Now” button anywhere on your site that you’d like
- A Remember-Me feature for customers who return so they can check out more easily
- Offers 1-click payment option
- View all transaction info in the orders menu of the plugin so you can review the Stripe payment history on your website
- Installation is quick and easy to get going
And there you have it! That’s our list of the very best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress.
Hopefully, this post helped you figure out which tool might be the best one for you to use on your own website to accept credit card payments with an easy Stripe WordPress integration.
Next, Consider Data Storage in WordPress
WPForms is PCI compliant, which means it conforms with industry standards – and it never stores credit card information. To check the regulations around data storage, you’ll also want to check out this list of WordPress GDPR plugins.
So what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro includes the Stripe addon that lets you accept Stripe right on your WordPress site, plus offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.