Are you looking for a way to offer discounts on your products if customers want to buy a large quantity of what you’re selling?
During times when people are scrambling to get their businesses online, most business owners don’t have time to set up entire eCommerce stores on platforms like WooCommerce.
So this post will show you exactly how to create a simple wholesale order form on WordPress, without using WooCommerce.
Here’s a table of contents to help you navigate this tutorial:
- Generate a Simple Order Form
- Configure Your Form Settings
- Configure Your Form Notifications
- Customize Your Form Confirmations
- Configure the Payment Settings
- Add Your Wholesale Order Form to Your Site
Why Use a Wholesale Order Form?
If you’ve got an online store and you’re able to fulfil orders of large quantities, you might want to set up a wholesale order form with wholesale pricing for customers to buy in bulk.
Also, wholesale prices are always good to offer to dropshipping businesses and b2b businesses.
But you can’t actually do it in WooCommerce by default, and not all business owners have the time to set up an entire WooCommerce eCommerce store right now.
Why Can’t I Use WooCommerce for Wholesale Pricing?
There are 2 big reasons why you’ll want to skip enabling wholesale pricing on WooCommerce.
- You may not want to spend all that time setting up an entire eCommerce website when you just want to sell wholesale orders, especially during an economic crisis.
- You can’t have wholesale pricing on WooCommerce by default and you’d need additional tools.
WooCommerce is a great platform for setting up robust stores online with tons of multiple products and product pages, but if you’re looking for a simpler solution to getting wholesale pricing up on your WordPress website once it’s installed, we’ve got you covered.
Let’s take a look at how to build a wholesale order form on WordPress so you can help get your customers bulk orders quickly.
How to Create a Wholesale Order Form on WordPress
If you don’t have the time to set up an entire WooCommerce online store and want to easily create a simple wholesale order form on WordPress, here are the steps:
Step 1: Generate a Simple Order Form
Next, go to WPForms » Add New to create a new form.
On the setup screen of the order form creator, name your form and select the Billing/Order form template.
Next, the order form template will generate for you. Pretty awesome, right?
Let’s go ahead and customize this form.
First, scroll down on your form to the Multiple Items field called Available Items and click on it to open its settings in the left-hand panel.
Now, rename the Label to whatever your product is.
Next, rename the Items to list your discounts for multiple items right into the field. Click on the blue +plus sign to add another item.
- 1 item: $20
- 2 items: $40
- 10 items (10% savings!): $180
- 20 items (20% savings!): $320
You can repeat this step if you sell multiple items.
You can also add images to your items by clicking on Use item choices.
When you do this, you’ll be able to upload images to go with your items so people can see what they are buying right on the order form.
For help with this step, check out our tutorial on how to add image choices to your WordPress forms.
You can also make forms look great by following the steps in our post on how to create a multi-step form in WordPress. But for the sake of this tutorial, we’ll stick with a single page.
Lastly, you can add any additional fields to your order form by dragging them from the left-hand side to the right-hand side. For example, if you don’t need the customer’s full address, it’s easy to add a dropdown list of countries instead.
When you’re done customizing your wholesale order form, click save in the top right corner.
Step 2: Configure Your Form Settings
To start, go to Settings » General.
Here you can configure the following:
- Form Name — Change the name of your form here if you’d like.
- Form Description — Give your form a description.
- Submit Button Text — Customize the copy on the submit button.
- Spam Prevention — Stop contact form spam with the anti-spam feature, hCaptcha, or Google reCAPTCHA. The anti-spam checkbox is automatically checked on all new forms.
- AJAX Forms — Enable AJAX settings with no page reload.
- GDPR Enhancements — You can disable the storing of entry information and user details, such as IP addresses and user agents, in an effort to comply with GDPR requirements. Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to add a GDPR agreement field to your simple contact form.
When you’re done, click Save.
Step 3: Configure Your Form Notifications
When you receive a bulk order from your website, it’s important your team is notified right away.
Notifications are a great way to send an email whenever an online wholesale order form is submitted on your website.
If you use smart tags, you can also send a notification to the user when they fill this out, letting them know you received their order and someone will begin working on it shortly. This assures people their request has gone through.
For help with this step, check out our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress.
And if you want to keep branding across your emails consistent, you can check out this guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
This is a great way to send bulk orders to yourself or your staff to make sure they jump on things quickly!
Step 4: Customize Your Form Confirmations
Form confirmations are messages that display to site visitors once they submit a wholesale order on your website. They let people know that their request has gone through and offer you the chance to let them know what the next steps are.
WPForms has 3 confirmation types to choose from:
- Message — This is the default confirmation type in WPForms. When a site visitor submits a request, a simple message confirmation will appear letting them know their order was processed. Check out some great success messages to help boost user happiness.
- Show Page — This confirmation type will take site visitors to a specific web page on your site thanking them for ordering. For help doing this, check out our tutorial on redirecting customers to a thank you page. In addition, be sure to read our article on creating effective Thank You pages.
- Go to URL (Redirect) — This option is for when you want to send site visitors to a different website.
Let’s see how to set up a simple form confirmation in WPForms so you can customize the message site visitors will see when they fill out your form.
To start, click on the Confirmation tab in the Form Editor under Settings.
Next, select the type of confirmation you’d like to create. For this example, we’ll select Message.
Then, customize the confirmation message to your liking and click Save.
For help with other confirmation types, see our documentation on setting up form confirmations.
Step 5: Configure the Payment Settings
In order for customers to pay for their bulk order online, you’ll need to have at least one payment platform on your website.
For this example, we’ll use Stripe. Once you’ve completed the setup of Stripe via the tutorials above, simply drag the Stripe Credit Card field from Payment Fields onto the form.
Click save. Now you’re ready to add your wholesale order form to your website.
Step 6: Add Wholesale Order Form to Your Site
After you’ve created your form, you need to add it to your WordPress website. WPForms allows you to add your forms to many locations on your website, including your blog posts, pages, and even sidebar widgets.
Let’s take a look at the most common placement option: page/post embedding.
To begin, create a new page or post in WordPress, or go to the update settings on an existing one.
After that, click inside the first block (the blank area below your page title) and click on the Plus icon.
From the different blocks, find and Select WPForms.
Now, the handy WPForms widget will appear inside of your block. Click on the WPForms dropdown and pick which one of the forms you’ve already created that you want to insert into your page.
Select your Wholesale Order Form from the dropdown. Then, publish or update your post or page so your wholesale order form will appear on your website.
To view form entries after they’ve been submitted, check out this complete guide to form entries. For example, you can view, search for, filter, print, and delete any form entries, making the wholesale order process that much easier.
And there you have it! You now know exactly how to create a wholesale order form on WordPress instead of building an entire WooCommerce store. Hopefully, this guide helped you get your bulk items online in no time.
If you have a list of products set up in WordPress already, try auto populating fields on your form to save your visitor time.
Also, be sure to check out our post on how to create a restaurant order form in WordPress.
So what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro includes a free order form template and offers a 14-day money back guarantee.