Looking for a great plugin that will help you easily run a survey on your WordPress website?
Running surveys on your website is an effective way to find out how your customers are feeling, so you can make improvements to your business.
In this article, we’ve listed the very best WordPress survey plugins out there and everything you need to know about them.
- Formidable Forms
- Survey Maker
- Quiz and Survey Master
- YOP Poll
- Social Polls by Opinion Stage
Why Use a WordPress Survey Plugin?
A good WordPress survey plugin enables you to collect feedback from customers and helps you understand what your customers expect from you.
For example, you could conduct an NPS survey at the end of a customer service experience form to learn well you’re serving your customers On top of that, WordPress survey plugins provide a ton of added benefits like:
- CRM Compatibility — Some plugins can easily integrate with your CRM software, making the organization super simple.
- Engagement — Asking your visitors to participate in your survey is a great way to create a memorable experience about your brand.
- Data Visualization — A good survey plugin will give you the opportunity to view your results visually and create brilliant survey reports.
- Easy to Use — The cool thing about survey plugins is that many of them are very beginner-friendly, including most of the ones on this list.
- Exportable — Many survey plugins let you export your data, which makes it easy to save it, present it in a report, or share important findings with your team.
Now that you have a better idea of why you may want to use a WordPress survey plugin, let’s take a deeper look at the best ones out there.
The Best WordPress Survey Plugins
We wanted to make sure you had the best options to pick from, so we did a lot of research to find this entire list of WordPress survey and questionnaire plugins.
Here are our picks for the best survey plugins for your WordPress website:
Not only is WPForms the best WordPress survey plugin that has the easiest survey form creation process. It comes with a Survey and Polls addon that enables you to create engaging surveys that your website visitors and customers will love to fill out.
It also includes a fantastic survey reporting feature, which makes it a joy to see the results of your survey in visual charts right from your dashboard.
To top it off, WPForms also includes some really useful WordPress survey templates like the customer satisfaction survey form. These allow you to quickly develop and launch survey forms on your WordPress frontend.
- Easy to Use — WPForms is the easiest to use form building plugin on the market, and makes adding many types of surveys quick and simple with a drag-and-drop builder. You can even use it as a WordPress poll plugin.
- Unlimited Users — If you compare WPForms to other survey tools, you’ll notice that most of them charge per user. WPForms lets you add unlimited users under 1 license. Check out the difference in our SurveyMonkey vs SurveyGizmo vs WPForms comparison.
- Customizable — The robust features of WPForms let you add multiple fields to your forms for different functions. Easily include survey fields like text fields, dropdown fields, checkbox lists, radio buttons, star ratings, and more.
- Multiple Functions — Everyone needs a contact form on their website, and WPForms lets you make simple and advanced forms for things like recurring payment forms, donation forms, order forms, HubSpot lead capture forms, and more.
- Gorgeous — The survey reporting dashboard is beautiful and offers multiple chart types including lines, pie chart, and bar graphs, all accessible from your WordPress dashboard.
- Conditional Logic — The smart Conditional Logic feature lets you hide or show questions based on previous answers, keeping your survey clutter-free and modern.
- Email Notifications — You can send an email to the person completing the poll or survey form to confirm that their entry has been received, or even to yourself or business partners with Email Form Notifications.
- Conversational Forms — You can set up your forms to provide a great user experience by showing one question or field at a time.
Overall, WPForms is the most user-friendly WordPress questionnaire plugin on the market.
Cost: WPForms Pro starts at $199.50/year.
RafflePress is more than just a groundbreaking giveaway plugin. It’s a simple and effective tool for conducting surveys and boost your online growth while hosting a giveaway on your WordPress site. There’s an insanely helpful Polls and Surveys feature that you can use to ask people entering your contests to fill out, giving you instant insight into their thoughts and opinions.
- Engagement Increaser — The giveaway system paired with the polls encourages tons of engagement on your site by giving visitors extra entries when they complete your survey or poll.
- Data Visualization — The reporting interface displays the results clearly and is very straightforward and easy to understand and read.
- Easy to Use — Anyone, even non-technical people, can easily use RafflePress for both the giveaway feature and the Surveys and Polls function.
- Email Marketing Integration — Connects to lots of email marketing services to help you grow your email list and get more subscribers to poll.
Cost: RafflePress starts at $39.95/year.
Formidable Forms is an advanced survey builder for WordPress though it’s a bit more tricky to use. You can use this plugin to create complex calculator forms, registration forms, payment forms, and much more. Plus, you can easily create interactive surveys and run WordPress questionnaires. It lets you display the results anywhere on your site.
- Display Data — Turn your survey and poll results into user-generated content like reports, graphs, charts, user-submitted posts and pages, and more.
- Easy to Use — Creating complex forms is simple by using the drag-and-drop builder and form templates.
- Smart Question Branching — Smart conditional logic to show or hide questions based on previous answers.
- Multi-Page Polls — Improve conversions by splitting long surveys into multiple pages and displaying a progress bar.
Cost: Formidable Forms starts at $39.50/year.
4. Survey Maker
Designed specifically with surveys in mind, Survey Maker is an excellent WordPress questionnaire plugin that lets you build questionnaires with multiple question types. It requires no code, and you can easily embed your surveys in posts or pages using shortcodes.
- Multiple Question Types — Add open-ended questions where users can write their own answers, or let them choose options from multiple choice, checkboxes, dropdown, or Yes/No fields.
- Real-Time Reporting — See results from your surveys as users submit their answers.
- Multi-Step Surveys — Show all your questions on a single page, or break them up into separate steps.
- Unlimited Submissions — Accept submissions from as many users as you need to.
- Advanced Styling Options — Choose from pre-built themes or customize the look of your survey and its Start Page to match your branding.
Cost: There’s a free version and a premium version with more question types and other features. The premium version starts at $39 (one-time payment).
Crowdsignal, previously known as Polldaddy, is a popular plugin for WordPress that helps with surveys and polls. Unlike the others on this list, it’s a WordPress.com product, so in order to use it, you’ll need to create a WordPress.com account to get the plugin API.
- Reporting — Easily gather survey results when you generate easy-to-read reports.
- Simple — Use a drag-and-drop builder to create cool WordPress surveys.
- Variety of Questions — Crowdsignal lets you ask different kinds of questions including text, multiple choice, and Likert scales.
- Shareable — Once you’ve created your WordPress survey, you can easily place it on your website, in an email, or on your social media accounts to gather information.
Cost: Crowdsignal has a limited free version and a premium version that starts at $204/year.
Quiz and Survey Master was created to do just that — help you master creating quizzes and surveys on your WordPress website. And even though the interface isn’t very beginner-friendly, if you’re up to learning it there are a lot of helpful features.
- Quizzes — Lets you create WordPress quizzes with leaderboards, scores, and interactive answers.
- Email Notifications — You can set up the plugin to email users after they complete the survey to thank them or even redirect them to another page on your website and keep them around.
- Multi-Step Surveys — Allows you to create multi-step survey forms to keep your users engaged.
- Reporting — Only available in the premium version, but is offered.
Cost: Quiz and Survey Master has a free plan. For unlimited survey entries and responses, you’ll need the premium plan which starts at $99/year.
7. YOP Poll
YOP Poll will help you make simple surveys and polls for your WordPress website to gather visitor feedback and opinions. Poll scheduling lets you create polls for the future then set it and forget it.
- Easy to Use — The polls you make can be edited extremely easily, and you can even clone your polls so that you can use them again. Great if you had a poll that was particularly successful that you want to get more information by running again.
- Multiple Polls — You can run multiple polls at the same time on your website.
- Easy to Add — Easily add your surveys and polls to your WordPress site by using either shortcodes or widgets.
- Automated Scheduling — Tap into the power of marketing automation by using the poll scheduling feature. It lets you schedule polls so they can start and change one after another.
- Customization — You can change the color of your polls to several different options for variety and to better match your site branding.
Cost: YOP Poll is open-source and free.
This Opinion Stage WordPress plugin offers a flexible interface for creating different kinds of survey forms, polls, and quizzes on your WordPress site. It comes with very useful survey and quiz templates having interactive layouts, which help engage your users. Opinion Stage is a good choice for fun stuff like personality quizzes and trivia
- Engaging Content — Easily add images and videos to your surveys to up the wow factor.
- Easy to Use — Very user-friendly to create polls
- Use Everywhere — Add your polls to multiple places on your site like sidebars, posts, and pages.
- Multiple Question Types — Ask single or multiple selections, open-ended questions, and more.
- Collect Leads — Easily grow your email list by adding a CTA button to your surveys.
Cost: Social Polls by OpinionStage is free.
And there you have it! Hopefully, this post helped you find the best WordPress survey plugin that meets your website’s needs and helps you succeed at growing your business online.
Next, Make Sure Your Surveys Are GDPR Compliant
So what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress survey builder today. WPForms Pro includes multiple free online survey form templates and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.