Looking for a great plugin that will help you easily run a survey on your WordPress website?
Running surveys on your website is an effective way to find out how your customers are feeling, so you can make improvements to improve your business.
In this article, we’ve listed the very best WordPress plugins out there and everything you need to know about them.
Here’s a table of contents to help you navigate this post:
Why Use a WordPress Survey Plugin?
If you’re wondering why you’d want to conduct surveys on your website with a plugin, there are a ton of good reasons. Most importantly, it’s vital to business growth to listen to your audience. It might surprise you how much helpful information they have to give if you simply ask.
For example, you could conduct an NPS survey at the end of a customer service experience, so that you can keep on top of how well your customer support team is handling requests. To do this, check out how to create an NPS survey form in WordPress.
And in another example, you may find out that there are some pain points during the purchase process. Once you uncover this, it’s easy to know what to focus your efforts on when growing your business online. On top of that, survey plugins have a ton of added benefits like:
- CRM Compatibility — Some plugins can easily integrate with your CRM software, making organization super simple.
- Engagement — Asking your visitors to participate in your survey is a great way to create a memorable experience about your brand.
- Data Visualization — A good survey plugin will give you the opportunity to view your results visually, in easy-to-understand charts and graphs.
- Easy to Use — The cool thing about survey plugins is that many of them are very beginner-friendly, including most of the ones on this list.
- Exportable — Many survey plugins let you export your data, which makes it easy to save it, present it in a report, or share important findings with your team.
Now that you have a better idea of why you may want to use a WordPress survey plugin, let’s take a deeper look at the best ones out there.
The Best WordPress Survey Plugins
We wanted to make sure you had the best options to pick from, so we did a lot of research to find this entire list of plugins. Here are our picks for the best survey plugins for your WordPress website:
Not only is WPForms the best WordPress form plugin in the world, it’s also the best survey plugin to create a survey. It comes with a Survey and Polls addon that you can turn on and create engaging surveys that your website visitors and customers will love to fill out. The survey reporting feature is stunning and makes it a joy to see your data on an easy-to-use reporting dashboard.
- Easy to Use — WPForms is the easiest to use form building plugin on the market, and makes adding surveys quick and simple with a drag and drop builder.
- Customizable — The robust features of WPForms lets you add multiple fields to your forms for different functions. Easily include survey fields like text fields, dropdown fields, checkbox lists, radio buttons, star ratings, and more.
- Multiple Functions — Everyone needs a contact form on their website, and WPForms lets you make simple and advanced forms for things like recurring payment forms, donation forms, order forms, and more.
- Gorgeous — The survey reporting dashboard is beautiful and offers multiple chart types including lines, pie chart, and bar graphs, all accessible from your WordPress dashboard.
- Conditional Logic — The smart Conditional Logic feature lets you hide or show questions based on previous answers, keeping your survey clutter-free and modern.
- Email Notifications— You can send an email to the person completing the poll or survey form to confirm that their entry has been received, or even to yourself or business partners with Email Form Notifications.
Cost: WPForms Pro starts at $199.50/year.
RafflePress is more than just a groundbreaking giveaway plugin, it’s a simple but effective way to conduct surveys and boost your online growth while hosting a giveaway on your WordPress site. There’s an insanely helpful Polls and Surveys feature that you can use to ask people entering your contests to fill out, giving you instant insight into anything you need.
- Engagement Increaser — The giveaway system paired with the polls encourages tons of engagement on your site, by giving visitors extra entries when they complete your survey or poll.
- Data Visualization — The reporting interface displays the results clearly and is very straightforward and easy to understand and read.
- Easy to Use — Anyone, even non-technical people, can easily use RafflePress for both the giveaway feature and the Surveys and Polls function.
- Email Marketing Integration — Connects to lots of email marketing services to help you grow your email list and get more subscribers to poll.
Cost: RafflePress starts at $39.95/year.
Crowdsignal, previously known as Polldaddy, is a popular plugin for WordPress that helps with surveys and polls. Unlike the others on this list, it’s a WordPress.com product, so in order to use it you’ll need to create a WordPress.com account to get the plugin API.
- Reporting— Easily gather survey results when you generate easy-to-read reports.
- Simple — Use a drag and drop builder to create cool WordPress surveys.
- Variety of Questions — Crowdsignal lets you ask different kinds of questions including text, multiple choice, and Likert scales.
- Shareable — Once you’ve created your WordPress survey, you can easily place it on your website, email, or on your social media accounts to gather information.
Cost: Crowdsignal has a limited free version and a premium version that starts at $204/year.
Quiz and Survey Master was created to do just that — help you master creating quizzes and surveys on your WordPress website. And even though the interface isn’t very beginner-friendly, if you’re up to learning it there are a lot of helpful features.
- Quizzes — Lets you create WordPress quizzes with leaderboards, scores, and interactive answers.
- Email Notifications — You can set up the plugin to email the user after the survey is complete, to thank them or even redirect them to another page on your website and keep them around.
- Multi-step Surveys — Allows you to create multi-step survey forms to keep your users engaged.
- Reporting — Only available in the premium version, but is offered.
Cost: Quiz and Survey Master has a free plan and for unlimited survey entries and responses you’ll need their premium plan which starts at $99/year.
WP-Polls lets you create polls on your WordPress site. It’s a free and easy option if you’d like a simple solution to let your users participate in a poll. It’s quite limited with features and lacks an option for survey forms, but can get the job done without much fuss.
- Simple — Although extremely limited in functionality, WP-Polls is a straightforward solution that is streamlined without any fluff which might fit some business owners’ needs well.
- Easy to Use — To add WP-Poll polls to your site, you just use a widget or code.
- Radio Buttons — Lets you access circular buttons for users to select on your polls.
- Checkboxes — Lets you access checkboxes for your users to select on your polls.
- Results — Visitors are automatically shown the poll results immediately after they submit their vote.
- Data Storing — WP-Polls lets you save user responses in logs where you can see how registered users voted. For non-registered users, you can see IP addresses to filter out duplicate votes.
Cost: WP-Polls is free.
6. YOP Poll
YOP Poll will help you make simple surveys and polls for your WordPress website to gather visitor feedback and opinions. Poll scheduling lets you create polls for the future then set it and forget it.
- Easy to Use — The polls you make can be edited extremely easily, and you can even clone your polls so that you can use them again. Great if you had a poll that was particularly successful that you want to get more information from by running again.
- Multiple Polls — You can run multiple polls at the same time on your website.
- Easy to Add — Easily add your surveys and polls to your WordPress site by using either shortcodes or widgets.
- Automated Scheduling — Tap into the power of marketing automation by using the poll scheduling feature. It lets you schedule polls so they can start and change one after another.
- Customization — You can change the color of your polls to several different options for variety and to better match your site branding.
Cost: YOP Poll is open-source and free.
Social Polls by OpinionStage is a great plugin to try if you want to add a wide-range of different types of interactive content. You can use slideshows, polls, surveys, quizzes, slideshows, and more to gather data and keep your website visitors engaged.
- Engaging Content — Easily add images and videos to your surveys to up the wow factor.
- Easy to Use — Very user-friendly to create polls
- Use Everywhere — Add your polls to multiple places on your site like sidebars, posts, and pages.
- Multiple Question Types — Ask single or multiple selections, open-ended questions, and more.
- Collect Leads — Easily grow your email list by adding a CTA button to your surveys.
Cost: Social Polls by OpinionStage is free.
And there you have it! Hopefully, this post helped you find the best WordPress survey plugin that meets your website’s needs and helps you succeed at growing your business online. Be sure to check out our tips on what to do and not to do when creating your online survey.
So what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro includes multiple free online survey form templates and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.