Are you looking for the best Google Forms alternatives out there?
Google Forms is great for simple forms, but it lacks the features you’ll need for a professional survey.
In this post, we’ll chat about our picks for the very best Google Forms alternatives out there.
In This Article
Is Google Forms Still Free?
Yes, Google Forms is free with a Gmail account. You can also use the same platform if you have a Google Workspace login.
Unfortunately, it lacks many features that other free form builders like WPForms have. And there are some limitations to the way it works.
For example, your visitors can’t upload files without logging in to Google. Even then, the files they upload are added to your Google Drive — something many users don’t like. Also, you don’t get advanced options like interactive Conversational Forms and form abandonment recovery.
It can also be challenging to get support if you need help with Google Forms. Let’s look at some better alternatives to Google Forms.
The Best Google Forms Alternatives
If you’ve decided the issues with Google Forms are something you’d rather not deal with, you’re in luck. Especially if you were looking for Google Forms Conditional logic.
However, there’s a handful of Google Forms alternatives out there to help you get the data you need just as easily. Here are our picks:
If you’re looking for a free Google Forms alternative for your WordPress site, WPForms Lite is exactly what you need. It lets you create forms from templates, customize the way they look, and receive instant notifications via email.
Getting your data out of WPForms is really easy. Just like Google Forms, you can send your form entries to a Google Sheet with WPForms with the Google Sheets addon.
WPForms Lite also lets you add a GDPR agreement to forms easily. So it’s already one step ahead of Google Forms.
For more fields and addons, you can upgrade to WPForms Pro.
WPForms Pro unlocks advanced features that go way beyond Google Forms’ functionality, including:
- Entry Management: View entries from your WordPress dashboard. Storing entries with Lite Connect will let you unlock them after you upgrade.
- Advanced Form Management: Keep track of where your forms are published with the Form Locator, plus view changes with Form Revisions, use Form Tags to organize forms, and recover deleted forms in the Trash folder.
- Marketing integrations: Connect your forms to your marketing platform and automatically send leads to HubSpot, Salesforce, Drip, MailerLite, or another CRM.
- Rich Text submissions: Let your visitors submit information with bold, italics, images, and more.
- Save and Resume: Allow visitors to save a partial entry and complete it later.
- Entry Preview: Show visitors what they’ve entered before they submit it, giving them the option to go back and edit their entry if they want to.
- File Uploads: Easily let users upload documents, images, and other files to form submissions.
- Conversational Forms: Transform your surveys into a modern conversational layout that makes them fun and interactive.
- Survey and Polls: Turn WordPress into a survey platform with full reporting inside your dashboard.
- User-submitted Posts: Grow your blog with user-generated content and guest posts that users can submit directly from your WordPress frontend.
- Payment Fields: Take payments along with any form entry using Stripe, Square, or PayPal in Pro. If you choose the Elite license, you can also take payments with Authorize.Net.
- Form Pages: Turn any form into a standalone landing page — perfect for simple surveys or contact forms.
- Offline Forms: WPForms also serves as a Google Forms offline alternative. With the Offline Forms addon, user entries will be automatically saved in the browser even if internet connectivity is lost.
WPForms comes with 500+ form templates, too, so you won’t have to build forms from scratch. Just import a template and customize it so that it works the way you want. These features easily make WPForms the best Google Forms substitute.
If you want to know more about the differences between WPForms and Google Forms, check out our comparison of WPForms vs Google Forms vs JotForm.
Alternatives: Gravity Forms and Ninja Forms are two similarly priced alternatives to WPForms but they lack many of built-in features like form revisions and form tags which are available right out of the box in WPForms.
Cost: Pricing for WPForms Pro starts at $199.50/year.
Want to create advanced forms in WordPress? Formidable Forms lets you build some complex forms without making the process intimidating for you.
If you’re a technical user looking for a Google Forms alternative that lets you do advanced web development with your forms (like calculations), Formidable Forms could be a good choice for you.
- Conditional Logic: Build forms that have personalized fields based on previous answers.
- Integrations: Send your form data to popular 3rd party platforms.
- Integrated Views: Take your data and display it in graphs.
- Quiz Maker: Create forms with quizzes that display scores based on your custom grading scale.
- Form Entry Management: Send unlimited mail notifications and customize other advanced features.
- Free Plan: There’s a limited free plan offered on the WordPress.org repository, but you’ll need the paid version to access all the above features.
- Visual Builder: A drag-and-drop builder helps you create advanced forms and shows you what they’ll look like on your site in real time.
- Math Calculations: Offer users instant online estimates and calculate advanced product options.
Cost: Pricing for Formidable Forms Business starts at $199/year.
Jotform is an online form builder similar to Google Forms. It offers a lot more features for creating complex forms, but also has limits on how many submissions you can accept. Depending on your needs, it might be a solid Google Forms alternative.
For more details, check out our comparison of WPForms vs. Google Forms vs. Jotform.
- Form templates: Choose from 100+ pre-built form templates. However, note that Jotform’s template library includes user-submitted options, so quality may vary.
- Advanced form customization: Use Jotform’s extensive settings to add different types of fields to your forms and make them look exactly how you want them to.
- Payment and marketing integrations: Jotform has tons of integration options available so you can easily connect your forms to payment processors or your CRM.
- Embed or share: You can add your forms anywhere on your website using a code snippet that Jotform generates for you. Or, you can share your form’s link with users to let them fill it out on Jotform.
Cost: You can use Jotform for free to create 5 forms and accept 100 submissions/month. Paid plans start at $24/month if you want to make more forms or accept more entries.
4. Zoho Forms
If your business already uses Zoho Apps, you can easily tap into the power of Zoho Forms to use as a Google Forms alternative.
- Zoho CRM Compatible: An easy transition if you or your team is already using Zoho CRM.
- Collaborative: Tons of team collaboration tools.
- Safety: Built-in security measures for keeping data safe and assigning team roles and different settings.
- Zoho Survey: Connect apps in Zoho to take advantage of easy data collection with online surveys.
- Form Embedding: Embed your forms on your own website.
- Analytics: Keep track of your forms’ performance and share it with easily exportable statistics and reports.
- Customizations: Make your forms look the way you want them to.
Cost: Pricing for Zoho CRM, which includes Zoho Forms, starts at $12/user/month.
If you’re on the hunt for a Google Forms alternative that lets you use Excel over Google Sheets, be sure to check out Microsoft Forms. It’s the Microsoft equivalent of Google Forms maker for online form data collection.
- Easy to use: The visual drag-and-drop builder lets you set up forms quickly.
- Surveys: Includes the ability to use basic Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys.
- Outlook Integration: The Microsoft Office integration lets you do things like send your form to people via email.
- Excel: Using the Microsoft Office integration, you can bring your form data over to Excel quite easily to look through it.
Cost: Microsoft Forms is free for anyone who has a Microsoft Office 365 license.
Typeform is a good answer to Google Forms if you’re looking to make unique and pretty forms, and you’ve got intermediate technical skills. It’s expensive, so it’s best for marketing teams with big budgets.
- Surveys: Typeform’s surveys include templates like a customer satisfaction survey, employee satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Mobile-Friendly: Large CTA buttons work well on mobile devices.
- Conditional Logic: Contact forms built with Typeform can use the Logic Jumps feature.
- File Upload Capability: Just like WPForms, Typeform lets you accept file uploads through your forms.
- Conversational Marketing: Shows one question at a time to take advantage of conversational marketing.
Cost: Pricing for Typeform Professional starts at $50/month. Be sure to check out the best Typeform alternatives before signing up for a plan.
Cognito Forms works as a Google Forms alternative if you’d like to use Square for accepting payments, but the pricing is quite high for the plan that includes integrated payments.
- Payments: Integrations with Square and PayPal for online order forms.
- Conditionals: Lets you add conditional logic to your forms.
- Templates: Pre-built forms for you to explore so you can get started building a form right away.
- Visual Builder: A drag-and-drop builder makes it easier to build forms.
- Calculations: Forms can do math to help with things like displaying the total cost in an order form.
- Analytics: Integrates with Google Analytics.
Cost: Pricing for Cognito Forms Team (which includes Square and PayPal) starts at $35/month.
If none of the Google Forms alternatives above caught your eye, another option is Jotform. It’s an online form builder with templates, lots of integrations, and tons of customization features.
- Drag and drop form builder: Create forms without code.
- Templates: Use pre-made forms so you don’t have to start from scratch.
- Form Themes: Apply pre-made styling to your forms so they look professional.
- Integrations: Connect Jotform to your email marketing platform, CRM, project management app, or payment processor.
- Advanded Fields: Allow signatures or file uploads in your forms.
- Calculations: Add up totals on your order forms.
- Shareable Forms: Easily send your Jotform forms to users via email or post a form link on social media.
Cost: Jotform is free to use for 5 forms and up to 100 submissions/month. Paid plans start at $24/month.
What’s the Top Google Forms Alternative?
WPForms is far and above the best alternative to Google Forms. Forms built with WPForms are just as easy to make but are much more professional-looking than Google Forms.
Plus, the Form Pages addon makes it insanely easy to create dedicated landing pages.
On top of that, WPForms provides superb support that will walk you through any issue or question you have. It’s a perfect solution for smart small business owners managing their own WordPress websites.
And there you have it! You now know exactly what the best Google Forms alternatives are. Hopefully, this post helped you find the right solution for your business and website.
FAQs on Google Form Alternatives
Got questions about Google Form alternatives? You can use the comment section below to ask your question.
Here’s one common question we’re usually asked:
Does Microsoft Have Something Like Google Forms?
Yes, Microsoft has an alternative to Google Forms called Microsoft Forms. There are some great form features in Microsoft Forms. You can create surveys, quizzes, customize the forms with images, add custom fields, and export form responses directly to Excel.
Next, Fix Your Form Emails
Are you having trouble getting emails from your forms? It’s a common issue, but it’s easy to fix. Check out this guide on how to fix WordPress not sending emails.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful Google Forms alternative and WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro includes the Form Pages addon so you can start building gorgeous-looking form landing pages right away.