Are you looking for the best Google Forms alternatives out there?
Google Forms is great for simple forms, but it lacks the features you’ll need for a professional survey.
In this post we’ll chat about our picks for the very best Google Forms alternatives out there.
Here’s a table of contents for easy navigation:
Are Google Forms Still Free?
Yes, Google Forms is free with a Gmail account. You can also use the same platform if you have a Google Workspace login.
Unfortunately, it lacks the features that other free form builders have. And there are some limitations to the way it works.
For example, your visitors can’t upload files without logging in to Google. Even then, the files they upload are added to your Google Drive – something many users don’t like.
It can also be challenging to get support if you need help with Google Forms. Let’s look at some better options.
The Best Google Forms Alternatives
If you’ve decided the issues with Google Forms are something you’d rather not deal with, you’re in luck. Especially if you were looking for Google Forms Conditional logic.
However, there’s a handful of Google Forms alternatives out there to help you get the data you need just as easily. Here are our picks:
If you’re looking for a free Google Forms alternative, WPForms Lite is exactly what you need. It lets you create forms from templates, customize the way they look and get responses via email.
Getting your data out of WPForms is really easy. Just like Google Forms, you can send your form entries to a Google Sheet with the free version: WPForms Lite. You can use the Uncanny Automator integration to do this, and there are no fees or limits.
WPForms Lite also lets you add a GDPR agreement to forms easily. So it’s already one step ahead of Google Forms.
For more fields and addons, you can upgrade to WPForms Pro.
WPForms Pro unlocks advanced features that go way beyond Google Forms’ functionality, including:
- Rich Text submissions: Let your visitors submit information with bold, italics, images, and more.
- Save and Resume: Allow visitors to save a partial entry and complete it later.
- Entry Preview: Show visitors what they’ve entered before they submit it, giving them the option to go back and edit their entry if they want to.
- Conversational Forms: Transform your surveys into a modern conversational layout that makes them fun and interactive.
- Survey and Polls: Turn WordPress into a survey platform with full reporting inside your dashboard.
- Payment Fields: Take payment along with any form entry using Stripe, Square, or PayPal in Pro. If you choose the Elite license, you can also take payment with Authorize.Net.
- Form Pages: Turn any form into a standalone landing page – perfect for simple surveys or contact forms.
WPForms comes with 300+ form templates, too, so you won’t have to build forms from scratch. Just import a template and customize it so that it works the way you want.
If you want to know more about the differences between WPForms and Google Forms, check out our comparison of WPForms vs Google Forms vs JotForm.
Cost: Pricing for WPForms Pro starts at $199.50/year.
Want to create advanced forms in WordPress? Formidable Forms lets you build seriously complex forms for many different projects.
If you’re a technical user looking for a Google Forms alternative that lets you do advanced web development with you forms (like calculations), Formidable Forms could be a good choice for you.
- Conditional Logic — Build forms that have personalized fields based on previous answers.
- Integrations — Send your form data to popular 3rd parties.
- Integrated Views — Take your data and display it in graphs.
- Quiz Maker — Create forms with quizzes that display scores based on your custom grading scale.
- Form Entry Management — Send unlimited mail notifications and customize other advanced features.
- Free Plan — There’s a limited free plan offered on the WordPress.org repository, but you’ll need the paid version to access all the above features.
- Visual Builder — A drag and drop builder helps you create advanced forms in real time so you know what it looks like right away.
- Math Calculations — Offer users instant online estimates and calculate advanced product options.
Cost: Pricing for Formidable Forms Business starts at $199/year.
- Easy — Creating forms is simple using the drag and drop builder.
- Templates — Goal-based form templates to get you started quickly.
- Form Fields — Use up to 1,000 form fields and dozens of field types.
- Form Types — Build standalone pages, popup forms, slide-in boxes, dropdown banners, and more.
- Conditional Logic — Display or hide form fields based on previous answers.
- WordPress — Available as a WordPress plugin to integrate with your WordPress site.
- Additional Tools — Comes with a free landing page builder, email marketing, live chat, and more.
Cost: HubSpot Forms is free.
4. Zoho Forms
If your business already uses Zoho Apps, you can easily tap into the power of Zoho Forms to use as a Google Forms alternative.
- Zoho CRM Compatible — An easy transition if you or your team is already using Zoho CRM.
- Collaborative — Tons of team collaboration tools.
- Safety — Built-in security measures for keeping data safe and assigning team roles and different settings.
- Zoho Survey — Connect apps within Zoho to take advantage of easy data collection with online surveys.
- Form Embedding — Embed your forms on your own website.
- Analytics — Keep track of your forms performance and share it with easily exportable statistics and reports.
- Customizations — Make your forms look the way you want them to.
Cost: Pricing for Zoho CRM, which includes Zoho Forms, starts at $12/user/month.
If you’re on the hunt for a Google Forms alternative that lets you use Excel over Google Sheets, be sure to check out Microsoft Forms. It’s Microsoft’s free version of the Google Form maker for online form data collection, but it doesn’t allow users to upload files to a form.
- Easy — The visual drag and drop builder lets you set up forms quickly.
- Surveys — Includes the ability to use basic Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys.
- Outlook Integration — The Microsoft Office integration lets you do things like send your form to people via email.
- Excel — Using the Microsoft Office integration, you can bring your form data over to Excel quite easily to look through it.
Cost: Microsoft Forms is free for anyone who has a Microsoft Office 365 license.
Typeform is a good answer to Google Forms if you’re looking to make unique and pretty forms, and you’ve got intermediate technical skills. It’s expensive, so it’s best for marketing teams with big budgets.
- Surveys — Typeform’s surveys include templates like a customer satisfaction survey, employee satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Mobile Friendly — Large CTA button work well on mobile devices.
- Conditional Logic — Contact forms built with Typeform can use the Logic Jumps feature.
- File Upload Capability — Just like WPForms, Typeform lets you accept file uploads through your forms.
- Conversational Marketing — Shows one question at a time to take advantage of conversational marketing.
Cost: Pricing for Typeform Professional starts at $50/month. Be sure to check out the best Typeform alternatives before signing up for a plan.
Cognito Forms works as a Google Forms alternative if you’d like to use Square for accepting payments, but the pricing is quite high for the plan that includes integrated payments.
- Payments — Integrations with Square and PayPal for online order forms.
- Conditionals — Lets you add conditional logic to your forms.
- Templates — Pre-built forms for you to explore so you can get started building a form right away.
- Visual Builder — A drag and drop builder makes it easier to build forms.
- Calculations — Forms can do math to help with things like total cost.
- Analytics — Integrates with Google Analytics.
Cost: Pricing for Cognito Forms Team (which includes Square and PayPal) starts at $35/month.
What’s the Top Google Forms Alternative?
WPForms is far and above the best alternative to Google Forms. Forms built with WPForms are just as easy to make, but are much more professional-looking than Google Forms.
The Form Pages addon makes it insanely easy to create dedicated landing pages.
On top of that, WPForms provides superb support that will walk you through any issue or question you have. It’s a perfect solution for smart small business owners managing their own WordPress website.
And there you have it! You now know exactly what the best Google Forms alternatives are. Hopefully, this post helped you find the right solution for your business and website.
Next, Fix Your Form Emails
Are you having trouble getting emails from your forms? It’s a common issue, but it’s easy to fix. Check out this guide on how to fix WordPress not sending emails.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful Google Forms alternative and WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro includes the Form Pages addon so you can start building gorgeous-looking landing forms right away.