Want the best Google Analytics tool for your WordPress site?
Google Analytics helps you to track your site visitors and get detailed information about them.
In this article, we’ll compare the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress and help you to choose the best one for your needs.
Do You Need to Add Google Analytics to WordPress?
Wondering if you need to add Google Analytics to your site? It’s definitely a good idea if you’re serious about your business online.
Google Analytics is a free analytics tool and is useful for tracking the number of visitors that visit your website. Not only that, but you can:
- Know the demographics of your visitors
- See how people are finding your website
- Check which pages on your site receive the maximum visits
- Get real-time stats
- Monitor inbound and outbound links
To use Google Analytics data, you’ll have to add a tracking code to your site. This can be difficult for a lot of people unless they’re very technically confident.
However, if you’re using WordPress, you can use a plugin that installs and adds Google Analytics tracking code to your site. And some of the plugins even allow you to check the stats in your WordPress admin panel.
So now that you know how important it is to add Google Analytics to your site, let’s get started with the list of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress.
The Best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress
To help you navigate this post, we’ve summarized this list of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress:
- Enchanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin
- Google Analytics by 10Web
- GA Google Analytics WP Google Analytics Events
- WP Google Analytics Events
So if you’ve been asking yourself what are the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress, here’s the list you’ve been looking for:
MonsterInsights is hands-down the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.This wildly popular plugin lets you set up Google Analytics to track your site traffic easily. And the good news is you don’t have to touch a single line of code to get access to all that awesome Google Analytics data.
The ability to add Google Analytics to your site easily should be one of the biggest things you look for in a Google Analytics plugin
- Shows you detailed reports about your visitors country, gender, device, and more
- You can check how users found your website, what keywords they searched for, who referred them, and what they did on your site.
- It provides the Forms addon which allows you to track your form views, submissions, and the form conversion rate to help you with form abandonment.
- You can use the EU Compliance addon to make your site compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other EU (European Union) privacy regulations.
- Offers universal event tracking to collect data from any device.
- Has file download tracking to find out the number of times a file was downloaded.
- You can integrate Google Analytics eCommerce tracking with WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, or MemberPress to see important data including your conversion rate, transactions, and average order value.
- It’s fully compatible with WordPress themes.
- To see the site stats, you don’t have to go to the Google Analytics website. You can check everything inside your WordPress dashboard.
Overall, it’s a very powerful and popular Google Analytics plugin. So get started with MonsterInsights, one of the most popular Google Analytics plugins, today!
Free. The premium version starts at $99.50/year
With more than 1 million active installs, ExactMetrics is one of the most popular Google Analytics plugins for WordPress (plus, it’s free). This well-known tool to add analytics to your site was actually formerly known as Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress (GADWP).
- It lets you to track the visitors to your website and get the analytics reports in your WordPress dashboard. So you can view vital details like page views, bounce rate, mobile analytics stats, organic searches, and traffic from social media sites.
- You can also check the real-time stats including the number of visitors, traffic sources, and acquisition channels.
- This plugin provides in-depth reports for each page and post. Thus you can analyze the data and optimize your content to get better results.
- You can also enable event tracking for AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
ExactMetrics makes it easy for you to track events like downloads, emails, affiliate links, and more with Google Analytics data.
Analytify is a freemium Google Analytics plugin and offers simple installation process to add the tracking code to your site.
- Just like MonsterInsights, it lets you view the analytics reports inside your WordPress admin area. You can also check the statistics of individual posts, pages, and custom post types.
- This plugin offers different addons to enhance its functionality. For example, you can track campaigns using UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) parameters.
- You can use eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads to get an overview of your sales, transactions, and income.
- Analytify can send automated email reports for every post, page, or the general stats of your site.
Free. The premium version starts at $39
Looking for a Google Analytics plugin to track your WooCommerce store? Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s suitable for just that.
- Once you install and activate the tool, it uses the eCommerce tracking feature of Google Analytics to study the user behavior and helps you to optimize your online store based on that data.
- It supports 4 types of behavior and performance reports: shopping, checkout, product, and sales.
- This plugin helps you capture product clicks, product impressions, and add to cart events on your product page, category page, featured product section, and more.
Keep in mind, this plugin comes with certain limitations. It doesn’t support product types other than simple products. Also, it’s not fully compatible with custom and child WordPress themes.
Google Analytics by 10Web is another freemium plugin on our list.
- It allows you to set and manage goals within your WordPress admin area
- You can get all your analytics reports in your dashboard, just like MonsterInsights and ExactMetrics
- This plugin allows you to integrate with Google Adsense and Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords) to get important data
- You can export reports in CSV to use elsewhere
- Lets you send automated email reports
- Offers eCommerce tracking, get custom notifications on specific triggers, and set custom event tracking codes
Free. Premium version starts at $30
GA Google Analytics is a lightweight and GDPR compliant WordPress plugin. Once you install at activate it, you can use this plugin to enable the Google Analytics data tracking code on all the pages of your site.
- It allows you to disable tracking of admin-level users to get the right data.
- You can easily customize the tracking code if you want.
- GA Google Analytics is a basic plugin with limited functionality. And to get additional features, you’ll have to upgrade to the pro version of this plugin.
However, this plugin doesn’t display your site stats inside your admin panel. You’ll have to log in to your Google Analytics account to view the analytics data.
Free. Premium version starts at $15
Want to track certain events on your site without writing any code? Google Analytics events can be useful for understanding what your visitors do on your website. You can do that with the help of WP Google Analytics Events plugin.
- You can use events to compare the performance of your CTA (call to action) buttons
- It can be used to track links, page navigation, and contact form submissions
- WP Google Analytics Events plugin also comes with a premium version that offers extra features including YouTube and Vimeo tracking, premium support, and a 30 day money-back guarantee
However, you should remember one thing: this plugin is not a typical Google Analytics plugin to track site stats and the demographics of your visitors.
Free. Premium Version starts at $79/year
Final Thoughts on the Best Google Analytics Plugins
After comparing these popular Google Analytics plugins, we can conclude that MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It offers tons of useful features and allows you to view the reports of your Google Analytics data right in your WordPress dashboard.
In case you’re looking for a free version, we can highly recommend ExactMetrics to you.
We hope this article helped you learn more about adding analytics to your site and helped you pick the best Google Analytics plugin for your WordPress site.
If you’re looking for an easy way to track the form conversions on your WordPress website, then check out our step by step tutorial on how to track WordPress form conversions.