Want the best Google Analytics tool for your WordPress site?
Using Google Analytics helps you track your site visitors and get detailed information about them — so you can make better business decisions for your audience and business.
In this article, we’ll compare the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress and help you to choose the best one for your needs.
To help you navigate this post, we’ve summarized this list of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress:
- Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin
- Google Analytics by 10Web
- GA Google Analytics WP Google Analytics Events
- WP Google Analytics Events
Ready to skyrocket your income online through your email list? We’ve compared costs and features of the best email marketing services available today.
Do You Need to Add Google Analytics to WordPress?
Wondering if you need to add Google Analytics to your site? It’s definitely a good idea if you’re serious about your business online.
Google Analytics is a free analytics tool and is useful for tracking the number of visitors that visit your website. Not only that, but you can:
- Know the demographics of your visitors
- See how people are finding your website
- Check which pages and posts on your site get the most visits
- Get real-time stats about what’s happening right now
- Keep on top of inbound and outbound links
And with all this valuable data, you can make informed decisions to help shape your business strategy. So now that you know how important it is to add Google Analytics to your site, let’s take a look at how to use Google Analytics on your WordPress website.
How Do I Use Google Analytics on WordPress?
So to collect all this great Google Analytics data, you’ll have to add Google Analytics tracking code snippets to your site. You’ll also need to learn how to read all that info.
Here’s a tutorial on how to add Google Analytics to WordPress without a plugin. Unfortunately, this can sometimes be hard for a lot of people unless they’re very technical.
The good news is that if your website is on WordPress.org, you can use a plugin to install Google Analytics analytics and inset the tracking code snippets to your site for you. And, some of these plugins break down the stats right in your WordPress admin panel!
If you aren’t very technical and would like to use the help of a plugin (recommended), here’s a list of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress.
The Best Google Analytics Plugins for WordPress
Keep in mind, the ability to add Google Analytics to your WordPress site easily should be one of the biggest things you look for in a Google Analytics plugin
So if you’ve been asking yourself what are the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress, here’s the list you’ve been looking for:
MonsterInsights is hands-down the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. This wildly popular plugin lets you set up Google Analytics to track your site traffic easily. And you don’t have to touch a single line of code to get access to all that informative Google Analytics data.
- Shows you detailed reports about your visitors country, gender, device, and more.
- You can check how users found your website, what keywords they searched for, who referred them, and what they did on your site.
- It has the Forms addon which allows you to track your form views, submissions, and the form conversion rate to help you with form abandonment.
- You can use the EU Compliance addon to make your site compliant with GDPR and other EU privacy regulations.
- Offers universal event tracking to collect data from any device.
- Has file download tracking to find out the number of times a file was downloaded.
- You can connect Google Analytics eCommerce tracking with WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, or MemberPress to see important data including your conversion rate, transactions, and average order value.
- It’s fully compatible with popular WordPress themes.
- To see the site stats, you don’t have to go to the Google Analytics website. You can check everything inside your WordPress dashboard.
Overall, it’s a very powerful and popular Google Analytics plugin that many successful website owners use.
Cost: Free. The premium version starts at $99.50/year.
With more than 1 million active installs, ExactMetrics is another one of the most popular Google Analytics plugins for WordPress (plus, it’s free). This well-known tool to add analytics to your site was actually formerly known as Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress (GADWP).
- It lets you to track website visitors get analytics reports in your WordPress dashboard. So you can view important details like page views, bounce rate, mobile analytics stats, organic searches, and traffic from social media sites.
- You can also check the real-time stats including the number of visitors, traffic sources, and where they come from.
- It provides in-depth reports for each page and post so you can analyze the on-page data and optimize your content.
- You can also enable event tracking for AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
ExactMetrics makes it easy for you to track events like downloads, emails, affiliate links, and more with Google Analytics data.
Want to make money with online courses? Check out our guide on the best WordPress LMS plugins for online courses to learn which tools to use.
Analytify is a freemium Google Analytics plugin and offers a simple installation process to add the tracking code to your site.
- Just like MonsterInsights, it lets you view the analytics reports inside your WordPress admin area. You can also check the statistics of individual posts and pages.
- This plugin offers different addons to enhance its functionality. For example, you can track campaigns using UTM parameters.
- You can use eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads to get an overview of your sales, transactions, and revenue.
- Sends automated email reports for every post, page, and general stats of your site.
Cost: Free. The premium version starts at $39.
Looking for a Google Analytics plugin to track your WooCommerce store? The Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s great for that. Keep in mind, this plugin comes with certain limitations. It doesn’t support product types other than simple products. Also, it’s not fully compatible with WordPress custom and child themes.
- Once you install and activate the tool, it uses the eCommerce tracking feature of Google Analytics to study user behavior and help you to optimize your online store based on that data.
- It supports 4 types of behavior and performance reports: shopping, checkout, product, and sales.
- Helps you track product clicks, impressions, and add to cart events on your product page, category page, featured product section, and more.
Google Analytics by 10Web is another freemium plugin on our list that’s simple but gets the job done.
- Set and manage goals within your WordPress admin area.
- Get all your analytics reports in your dashboard, just like MonsterInsights.
- Integrated with Google Adsense and Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords) to get important data from paid ad campaigns.
- You can export reports in CSV to use elsewhere.
- Lets you send automated email reports.
- Offers eCommerce tracking, custom notifications on specific triggers, and set custom event tracking codes.
Cost: Free. Premium version starts at $30.
Want to build a brand new website or make it easier to edit yours? Check out this list of the best website builders for small business.
GA Google Analytics is a lightweight and GDPR compliant WordPress plugin with limited functionality in the free version. And to get additional features, you’ll have to upgrade to the pro version of this plugin. Once you install at activate it, you can use this plugin to enable the Google Analytics data tracking code on all the pages of your site.
- Disables tracking of admin-level users to get the right data on the right visitors.
- Easily customize the tracking code if you want.
- This plugin doesn’t display your site stats inside your admin panel. You’ll have to log in to your Google Analytics account to view the analytics data.
Cost: Free. Premium version starts at $15.
Just want to track certain events on your site without writing any code? Google Analytics Events can be useful for understanding what your visitors do on your website easily. However, you should know the WP Google Analytics Events plugin isn’t as robust as the others on this list and only tracks events.
- You can use events to compare the performance of your CTA (call to action) buttons.
- It can be used to track links, page navigation, and contact form submissions.
- The premium version offers extra features including YouTube and Vimeo tracking.
Cost: Free. The premium version starts at $79/year.
Final Thoughts on the Best Google Analytics Plugins
After comparing these popular Google Analytics plugins, we can conclude that MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It offers tons of useful features and allows you to view the reports of your Google Analytics data right in your WordPress dashboard. There’s a great free version as well.
We hope this article helped you learn more about adding analytics to your site and helped you pick the best Google Analytics plugin for you.
And if you’re looking for an easy way to track the forms on your WordPress site, be sure to check out our tutorial on how to track WordPress form conversions.