Want to create an online IT service request form in WordPress? An online IT service request form is the best way for customers to report computer problems, Internet connectivity issues, or other service needs.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to create an online IT service request form for your WordPress website.
Why Use an Online IT Service Request Form?
As an information technology specialist, you’re always getting requests that can range from significant network problems to replacing a computer mouse.
To handle these, you might choose to set up a customer support system like Help Scout. That being said, setting up a dedicated help desk system takes time.
In many businesses, a IT support form is an easier and faster alternative to a help desk system. We’ll show you how easy it is to create your own form.
How to Create an Online IT Service Request Form
WPForms is the easiest way to create an online IT service request form. WPForms Pro has a massive collection of pre-made templates for every niche and business.
In This Article
Step 1: Create an Online IT Service Request Form in WordPress
Next, click on WPForms » Add New and type in a name for your online IT service request form. Don’t get stuck here. We’ll show you how you can rename your form it just a minute.
Now, scroll down to the templates section and type “IT” in the search bar. Then select the IT Service Request Form.
Once your form template loads, you’ll notice several fields already in the form. You can change these if you like. WPForms makes it super easy to add, delete, arrange, and edit any of these fields.
Here are the default fields you’ll find on your online IT Service Request form:
- What are you having issues with?
- Mobile Device / Tablet
- Internet Connection / network
- If other, please specify
- Additional details or information
One of WPForms’ best features is that you can add more fields to your form by just dragging and dropping.
You can also rearrange the order of the fields on your IT service request form. Just click on the field and drag it to the position and then drop it.
Next, if you want to edit a field, just click on it and make your changes.
If your IT department charges a fee, you can easily accept payments right on your IT service request form on your WordPress site. You can take payments using Stripe, Square, Authorize.Net, or PayPal. If you need a little help to get it set up, we have some excellent documentation on how to allow users to choose a payment method.
If you’re unsure about which payment gateway to use, check out our article that’ll help you decide which one is better, Stripe or PayPal.
Once you’re finished customizing your form, just click Save.
Step 2: Configure Your Form Settings
Now, let’s configure a few settings. To start, go to Settings » General.
On this screen you can configure:
- Form Name: Here’s where you can rename your online IT service request form.
- Form Description: This is a great place to leave yourself a note about the form.
- Tags: Using form tags will help you keep your site’s form organized.
- Submit Button Text: Change the text that displays on your submit button. You could customize it to say, “Send Your Request.”
- Submit Button Processing Text: Customize the text that’s shown while your form is submitting.
There are also advanced settings, like:
- CSS Classes: Add custom CSS classes to your form or submit button.
- Enable Prefill by URL: Automatically fill in some fields based on a custom URL.
- Enable AJAX form submission: Enable AJAX settings with no page reload.
- Disable storing of entry information in WordPress: You can disable the storing of entry information and user details, such as IP addresses and user agents, to comply with GDPR requirements. In addition, check out our step-by-step instructions on how to add a GDPR agreement field to your simple contact form.
Once you’re done with the general settings, make sure to also check out the Spam Protection and Security settings.
Here you can:
- Enable anti-spam protection: Stop contact form spam with the WPForms anti-spam token. The anti-spam option is automatically turned on for all new forms.
- Enable Akismet anti-spam protection — If you use the Akismet plugin to manage spam on your site, you can connect it to this form.
- Enable country filter — Block submissions from certain countries.
- Enable keyword filter — Prevent entries that include specific words or phrases.
When you’re done, click Save.
Keep going. You’ve almost completed your form.
Step 3: Configure Your Form Notifications
Notifications are great because they let you know when a customer has submitted an online IT service request form on your website.
You don’t even need to touch this setting because WPForms has it enabled by default. If you use the Smart Tags feature, you can also email notifications to the rest of your IT team when you receive a new service request. Smart Tags will help you make the best use of your team’s schedule.
If you need some direction using this feature, then see our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress. You can also notify more than just one person when an online IT service request form is submitted.
For example, you can send a notification to yourself, the person who submitted the service request form, your IT supervisors, and others. For help, just check out our easy step-by-step tutorial on how to send multiple form notifications in WordPress.
Last you’ll want to brand your email using your IT company’s logo, so all your email correspondence looks consistent. To do this, check out this guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
Step 4: Configure Your Form Confirmations
A confirmation message is shown to a person once they’ve submitted your form. Confirmations let people know that you’ve received their request and allow you to tell them what step they need to take next.
There are 3 confirmation types in WPForms:
1. Message: WPForms comes with a pre-written confirmation message, a simple message letting customers know their request is processing. Naturally, you can reword the message if you want to. If you’re unsure where to begin, there are some great success messages to help you get started writing your own.
2. Show Page: This option will send those that have submitted a request form to a page on your site. For instance:
- Thank You Page: If you decide to do this, check out our tutorial on redirecting your visitor to a thank you page. You’ll also want to read both of our articles on creating effective Thank You pages.
- Quick Fix Page: You could create a list of simple solutions to common problems customers can quickly fix themselves.
- Specialist Page: Use our conversational form feature to redirect specific requests to one of your specialists.
3. Go to URL (Redirect): This confirmation option sends those who have submitted an online IT service request form to a page you’ve chosen on a different website.
Okay, now we’ll set up a customized message that your guests will see when they submit an IT request form on your WordPress website.
To begin, click on Settings » Confirmations in the form builder. Select your confirmation type from the dropdown. We’ll use the default Message.
Then, customize your confirmation message. Once you’re done, be sure to click Save. For help with other confirmation types, see our documentation on setting up form confirmations.
Just one more step!
Step 5: Add Your Online IT Service Request Form to Your WordPress Site
Now that you’ve finished creating your online IT service request form, you just need to add it to your WordPress website.
WPForms lets you place your forms on blog posts, pages, and sidebar widgets. To get started, just create a new page or post in WordPress, or you can update an existing one if you like.
Next, add a new block and select WPForms.
You’ll see the WPForms widget inside of your block. Now, click on the WPForms dropdown menu and select the form you just created.
Then you can see what your new online IT service request form will look like on your website. Once you’re satisfied with how it looks, just hit that Publish button, and your service request form will go live on the Internet.
You can view your request form submissions too. Just check out our complete guide to form entries.
Now you’ve created your support form, you’ll benefit from:
- Better Details: Get complete, easy-to-read details that can include files and images.
- Streamlined Organization: All requests are simple to access and sort so you can optimize your work.
- Easy Customization: Create tailor-made forms using drag-and-drop tools.
- Powerful Automation: Automatically direct customers to the right IT employee or web page.
- Shareable Information: Notify your IT team the instant new submissions arrive.
- Automation: Send support tickets directly to your helpdesk platform using a FreshDesk WordPress integration.
WPForms makes it easy to see, search for, filter, print, and delete IT requests to make scheduling your service calls so much easier.
Next, Let Customers Request a Call Back
Congratulations! You did it! Now you know how to create an online IT service request form in WordPress. To make it even easier for your customers to get in touch, you could add a request a call back form to your knowledge base.
Does your IT team rent out equipment? Check out our post on how to create an equipment checkout form in WordPress.
So what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro includes a free online IT service request form and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.