Do you need a way to handle event registrations? Are you looking to collect information without using snail mail? Using an RSVP form can simplify your event management needs.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create an RSVP form in WordPress.
Why Use an RSVP Form?
Your time is limited. Spending time opening letters in the mail, jotting down the details, and then compiling all the data together isn’t efficient.
Not to mention, making the RSVP process easier for your guests should be your top priority. You’ll get a higher response rate by sharing a link to confirm rather than tasking them to send their replies via snail mail.
If you have a WordPress site, you can quickly get all the information you need in an organized format with an online RSVP form.
Some events you might want to use an RSVP form for include:
- Birthday party – Get a quick headcount of attendees
- Wedding – Ask for additional details like meal preferences
- Business event – Accept registrations and even sell tickets on your RSVP form
Want people be register for your event? Be sure to check out our post on how to make an event registration form in WordPress.
So, let’s see how to create an RSVP form in WordPress.
Step 1: Create an RSVP Form in WordPress
Using WPForms is the easiest way to create an online RSVP form in WordPress. WPForms comes with the Form Templates Pack addon that allows you to choose from a huge variety of pre-built templates for every niche and industry, including tons of different online RSVP form templates.
Next, you’ll need to install and activate the Form Templates Pack addon.
To do this, go to WPForms » Addon and find the one labeled Form Templates Pack addon.
Click Install Addon and then Activate.
Now you’ll need to create a new form.
To do this, go to WPForms » Add New and name your form. Then, scroll down to the section labeled Additional Templates and type “RSVP” into the search bar.
You’ll find the following RSVP form templates in our Form Templates Pack addon:
- Birthday Party Invitation RSVP Form
- New Years Party RSVP Form
- Party Invitation RSVP Form
- Potluck Invitation RSVP Form
- Simple RSVP Form
- Super Bowl Party RSVP Form
- Wedding Party RSVP Form
In our example, we’ll choose the Birthday Party Invitation RSVP Form.
When the pre-built form template loads, most of the work is already done. In fact, you’ll find the following fields in the form:
- Will you be able to make it? (Yeah, Maybe, I can’t)
- How many people are you going to bring?
- Comments or Questions
You can add additional fields to your form by dragging them from the left hand panel to the right hand panel.
Then, click on the field to make any changes. You can also click on a form field and drag it to rearrange the order on your RSVP form.
If your RSVP form is for a business event, you can request attendees to pay for their tickets when they RSVP.
WPForms allows you to accept payments on your forms using either Stripe or PayPal. You can read our documentation on how to allow users to choose a payment method if you want to use both integrations on your form.
When your RSVP form looks the way you want it to, click Save.
Want to work on your site behind the scenes? Be sure to check out our article on the best coming soon plugins and themes for WordPress.
Step 2: Configure Your RSVP Form Settings
To start, go to Settings » General.
Here you can configure the following:
- Form Name. Rename your form here.
- Form Description. Give your form a description.
- Submit Button Text. Customize the copy on the submit button.
- Spam Prevention. Enable the anti-spam honeypot feature to prevent spam form submissions and keep your website secure. This feature is automatically enabled on all WordPress forms. If you decide to use another form of spam prevention, you can either unclick this option or continue using this feature with other spam prevention features such as recaptcha.
- GDPR Enhancements. You can disable the storing of entry information and user details, such as IP addresses and user agents, in an effort to comply with GDPR requirements. In addition, check out our step by step instructions on how to add a GDPR agreement field to your simple contact form.
Step 3: Configure Your RSVP Form’s Notifications
Notifications are a great way to send an email whenever an order is submitted on your website.
In fact, unless you disable this feature, whenever someone submits an RSVP form on your site, you’ll get a notification about it.
If you use smart tags, you can also send a notification to the site visitor when they RSVP to your event, letting them know you received their RSVP and will be in contact shortly. This assures people their form has gone through properly.
For help with this step, check out our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress.
WPForms lets you notify the right person in your organization when an RSVP form is submitted. For instance, you can send a notification to yourself, your attendee, and the event coordinator in charge of meals.
For help doing this, check out our step by step tutorial on how to send multiple form notifications in WordPress.
Lastly, if you want to keep branding across your emails consistent, you can check out this guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
Step 4: Configure Your RSVP Form’s Confirmations
Form confirmations are messages that display to site visitors once they submit an RSVP form on your website. They let people know that their form has been processed and offer you the chance to let them know what the next steps are.
WPForms has three confirmation types:
- Message. This is the default confirmation type in WPForms. When someone submits an RSVP form, a simple message confirmation will appear letting them know their form was processed. Look here for some great success messages to help boost customer happiness.
- Show Page. This confirmation type will take site visitors to a specific web page on your site thanking them for their RSVP answer and telling them when you’ll be in touch with help. For help doing this, check out our tutorial on redirecting customers to a thank you page. In addition, be sure to check out our article on creating effective Thank You pages for boosting customer loyalty.
- Go to URL (Redirect). This option is used when you want to send site visitors to a different website.
Let’s see how to set up a simple form confirmation in WPForms so you can customize the message site visitors will see when they RSVP to your event.
To start, click on the Confirmation tab in the Form Editor under Settings.
Next, select the type of confirmation type you’d like to create. For this example, we’ll select Message.
Then, customize the confirmation message to your liking and click Save.
If you want to display different confirmations to site visitors based on their behavior, be sure to read up on how to create conditional form confirmations.
Step 5: Connect Your Form With a Third-Party App
WPForms allows you to easily connect your WordPress form with your favorite third-party app using our Zapier addon. In fact, the Zapier addon lets you connect your WordPress forms to over 500+ web apps.
For example, you can connect your form with your Google Calendar with ease. That way, any time someone RSVP’s to your event, the information on the form will automatically add to your calendar.
To see how to do this, check out this article on how to connect your form with Google Calendar.
Step 6: Add Your RSVP Form to Your Website
After you’ve created an RSVP form, you need to add it to your WordPress website.
WPForms allows you to add your forms to many locations on your website, including your blog posts, pages, and even sidebar widgets.
Let’s take a look at the most common post/page embed option.
To start, create a new post or page in WordPress and then click on the Add Form button.
Next, select your order form in the modal popup and click Add Form.
Then, publish your post or page so your RSVP form will appear on your website.
You can also connect your RSVP forms with your email newsletter services such as AWeber, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor, or Drip to automatically add new users to your email list and send out updates about your upcoming event.
And, once your users have signed up for your event, you can use one of the best WordPress popup plugins to keep them engaged on your site.
Don’t forget to create a video release form if you’re going to be publicly using any of the footage from the event.
And there you have it! You now know how to create an RSVP form in WordPress. Be sure to read about how to include an add to calendar option to your WordPress forms as well, so people don’t forget about your event.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.