Do you want to know what the best Typeform alternatives are?
Typeform is an online tool that lets you create customized web forms, but can be quite expensive for some small businesses.
Many business owners want a reasonably priced form builder that’s easy to use, without complicated features.
They are out there. So, this post will walk you through some of the best Typeform alternatives you can find to create forms on your website.
Here’s a table of contents if you’d like to jump ahead:
- Formidable Forms
- HubSpot Forms
- Zoho Forms
- Microsoft Forms
- Google Forms
- Ninja Forms
- Cognito Forms
What to Look for in an Online Form Builder
Typeform has great-looking form templates, but can they be built by beginners? You’ll have to pay some of the highest costs of all online form builders to use Typeform as well. Luckily, there are a lot of alternatives out there.
Here are some things to look out for when researching online form builders:
- Easy to Use — Not all small business owners are also coders. Web forms are important, and you should be able to build them easily without needing a web development degree or using code in HTML like Typeform.
- Support — Look for a form builder that offers lots of documentation and tutorials. Plus, you’ll want fast and helpful responses to your questions when you have them.
- WordPress Specialization — You want your online forms to easily integrate with your website. And, you should look for a WordPress form plugin that specializes in WordPress and has great reviews on WordPress.org that proves it. Typeform isn’t a WordPress plugin.
- Marketing Integrations — No matter which form builder you use, make sure it connects to your email marketing service.
- Multiple Features — Some form builders specialize in only one thing. Typeform makes conversational forms. But a great form builder will offer many different helpful features for your website.
- Affordable — Web forms are powerful. So, you shouldn’t have to be a huge company to be able to get access to a form builder for your website.
- Money-back Guarantee — We believe that a good form builder offers you the chance to try it, risk-free.
- Easy Customization — A good online form builder will let you customize your forms to match your brand.
So now that you have a good idea of what features the best online form builder will have, let’s take a look at the best Typeform alternatives and their features.
The Best Typeform Alternatives
Because most small business owners don’t want an expensive and complicated form software, there’s some heavy Typeform competition out there. We’ve broken down the best alternatives to the online form builder below.
When it comes to the best WordPress form builder, there’s really no competition. The WPForms plugin is the best by a mile.
The Conversational forms addon is a 1-click tool that lets you turn your forms into a conversational-style form. On top of that, you can use WPForms as a Typeform alternative because of the Survey and Polls addon that makes creating surveys easy.
- WordPress Compatibility — WPForms is a WordPress plugin, built to work seamlessly with the popular website platform.
- Easy to Use — Form creation is simple for beginners with a drag and drop visual builder that lets you create forms in real-time.
- Conversational Forms — Tap into the power of conversational marketing by giving your forms a ‘human’ feel.
- Surveys Tools — Customizable online surveys and polls then display data collection results in beautiful graphs for better data visualization.
- Landing Pages — Use the Form Pages addon to create distraction-free landing pages.
- Security — Fight spam with hCaptcha, reCAPTCHA, & custom Captcha.
- Multiple Integrations — WPForms has integrations with the most popular email marketing providers, CRMs, and over 2,000 more with Zapier.
- Form Notifications — Get email notifications sent to yourself or others.
- Conditional Logic — Easily enable Conditional Logic to personalize your questions based on the user’s other answers.
- Form Templates — WPForms offers over 100 pre-designed templates. This includes NPS survey forms, Likert survey forms, basic survey forms, and more.
- Open Source — It’s a great option if you’re trying to reduce SaaS bills.
- World-Class Support — Knowledgeable and friendly customer support from as well as tons of documentation.
Cost: Pricing for WPForms Pro starts at $199.50/year.
WPForms is far more affordable and has all the Typeform-style conversational features for just a fraction of the price. The same features on Typeform would cost you nearly $700/year.
Formidable Forms is a good option if you’re an experienced user trying to build technical forms on your website. It’s a Typeform alternative that lets you do advanced things with your forms (like advanced calculations).
- Visual Builder — A drag and drop builder helps you create advanced forms in real-time so you know what it looks like as you’re building it.
- Math Calculations — Offer users instant online estimates and calculate advanced product options.
- Quiz Maker — Create forms with quizzes that display scores.
- Conditional Logic — Skip questions or make ones appear based on answers.
- Integrations — Connect your forms with popular 3rd party services.
- Form Notifications — Send email notifications to yourself or others.
- Free Plan — There’s a free version of the plugin offered at WordPress.org, but you’ll need to pay to access most features.
Cost: Pricing for Formidable Forms Business starts at $199.43/year.
HubSpot Forms comes in a bundle with HubSpot’s well-known CRM platform. This makes it easy to manage relationships with leads and customers because anyone that fills out your form is automatically added to your CRM.
- Form Builder — Easily create forms with the drag and drop builder.
- Templates — Ready-made form templates based on specific goals.
- Form Fields — Use up to 1,000 form fields and dozens of field types.
- Conditional Logic — Display or hide form fields based on previous answers.
- WordPress Plugin — Available as a plugin to integrate with your WordPress site.
- Marketing Tools — Comes with additional features like email marketing, landing pages, live chat, and more.
Cost: HubSpot Forms is free.
3. Zoho Forms
Zoho Forms can be a good pick to use as a Typeform alternative if your business is already using Zoho CRM. It integrates seamlessly since it’s built by the same people.
- Zoho CRM Compatible — Easy to start if you’re already using Zoho CRM.
- Collaboration Tools — There are lots of features you can use as a team.
- Security — Built-in safety measures like assigning roles to help keep you safe.
- Zoho Survey — Connect things inside Zoho to online surveys.
- Form Embedding — Embed your forms directly into your WordPress website.
- Analytics — See how forms are performing and share it with others by export.
- Customizations — Make your form design match your brand to look professional.
Cost: Pricing for Zoho Forms starts at $8/month per user.
Microsoft Forms is an online form building tool that’s a good Typeform alternative if you want to use Excel instead of Google Sheets. It’s Microsoft’s version of Google Forms but unfortunately, you can’t let users upload files to your forms.
- Visual Builder — The drag and drop builder makes building forms super easy.
- Online Surveys — Learn more about your audience by gathering data.
- Excel Integration — Connect your web forms to Excel so you can see your data in a spreadsheet.
- Outlook Integration — There’s a Microsoft Office integration that lets you do things like sending your form notifications through email to people.
Cost: Microsoft Forms is free for anyone who has a Microsoft Office 365 license which starts at $9.99/month.
5. Google Forms
If you want to create simple forms, another good Typeform alternative is Google Forms. There’s very little you can do with it, but it’s free so it’s popular. The drag and drop builder lets you build simple forms, with some customization.
- Easy to Use — The no-frills form builder.
- Some Customization — Change color schemes and fonts.
- Images — Lets you add pictures to your forms.
- Multi-step Forms —Break up long forms into more than one page.
- Easy Organization — If you’re using Google Sheets, it’s easy to organize data.
- Skip Logic — Jump to specific pages based on conditional answers.
- Embedding — You can embed the form into your WordPress website.
- Notifications — Get email reminders.
- Offline Mode — Access data when there’s no internet connection.
Cost: Google Forms is free.
7. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is another Typeform alternative that uses a drag and drop builder. The visual builder has a clean interface and the ability to unhide other field options.
- Import — Lets you import other Ninja Forms onto your site.
- Visual Builder — Drag and drop tool to make forms.
- A la Carte Prices — Some tools are offered in a ‘build-your-own-plan’ type of option.
- Some Templates — 16 additional templates are offered.
- Previews — Offers a live form preview to see what you’re building.
- Captcha — Only supports Google reCAPTCHA v2.
Cost: Ninja Forms Professional is $99.50/year. For more detailed pricing information, check out our Ninja Forms vs WPForms review.
If you’re using Square as your payment processor, Cognito Forms could work as a good Typeform alternative. It’s important to note that it’s pretty expensive for the level of plan you need to subscribe to if you want to accept payments online.
- Online Payments — Lets you take Square and PayPal for payments online.
- Conditional Logic — Make forms smarter by changing actions based on answers.
- Pre-built Templates — Get started quickly with form templates that are already made.
- Easy to Use — Visual builder lets you drag and drop fields to build forms.
- Math Calculations — Forms are able to do calculations.
- Analytics Integration — Connect to Google Analytics so you can see how your forms are performing.
Cost: Pricing for Cognito Forms Team (which includes Square and PayPal) starts at $35/month.
Paperform is another form builder option to try as an alternative to Typeform. It’s relatively small, so there aren’t a ton of features. However, there are some great templates to check out if you have a lot of forms you don’t want to build from scratch.
- Chat Support — Get answers to your questions within a few hours.
- Templates — Designer form templates that are customizable.
- Payment Integrations — Accepts Stripe, PayPal, Square, and Braintree.
- Analytics — Analyze your forms and their performance.
Cost: Paperform pricing starts at $32.50/month for one user.
Best Typeform Alternatives Winner: WPForms
If you’re looking for the top Typeform alternative, WPForms is the best option.
It’s much more affordable than Typeform, and WPForms Pro comes with the Conversational Forms feature that lets you create beautiful contact forms.
The form builder is super easy to use: just drag and drop fields to add them to your forms.
Plus, WPForms Pro lets you take payments online, so you can make more money from your website with simple order forms. It’s easy to do because it integrates with Stripe and PayPal.
Also, the support offered by WPForms is top-notch. Their friendly team responds quickly to any question you may have about your forms. This makes it even easier for beginners to make their own web forms explosively effective.
We hope this post helped you find a great Typeform alternative for your web forms. We think WPForms Pro is the clear winner.
It’s great you’re doing research for your small business website. Be sure to check out our post of best places to put a contact form on your website.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful Typeform alternative now. WPForms Pro offers beautiful conversational forms, plus there’s a 14-day money-back guarantee, so there’s nothing to lose.