Looking for the best Rafflecopter alternatives plugins for WordPress to create a free online giveaway?
Organizing a giveaway is a great way to skyrocket your online growth, and there are even free tools to help you.
In this post, we’ve rounded up the best Rafflecopter alternatives, plus their coolest features.
The Best WordPress Rafflecopter Alternatives
To create a successful free online giveaway, you should check out these Rafflecopter alternatives:
RafflePress is the FREE must-have contest tool for a killer marketing strategy. It really is the best Rafflecopter alternative that lets you create a giveaway free. Not only that, but the free version has a ton of amazing features you can use without spending a cent.
Free Version Features:
- Easy-to-use drag and drop sweepstakes builder with access to everything needed to create a successful giveaway in minutes
- 100% mobile responsive
- Fraud protection helps keep your contest fair
- Rule generator template
- Highly optimized giveaway widgets are lightning fast to help with site speed, SEO and conversion rates
- Automated contest start and end times
- A free giveaway template
On top of the ability to create a sweepstakes free, RafflePress has some amazing features you can get with the Pro version.
- Tons of email marketing integrations to help you connect your email list and get more subscribers
- Custom backgrounds and design options
- Giveaway competition landing page
- Goal-based giveaway templates
- Viral sharing features gets you more traffic by creating a refer-a-friend form and sharing it on their social media
- Verified bonus actions let users earn more entries by following you on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, and more
RaffePress gets your website visitors to bring you more website visitors, and they get the chance to win something, so everyone benefits. You can check out RafflePress reviews yourself and read why smart business owners are loving this free online contest software.
RafflePress has an amazing free version. The Pro version starts at $39.20/year.
If you’re looking for a great solution to Rafflecopter, consider using WPForms. It’s the world’s best contact form plugin, so it’s features for lead generation are endless. But there’s also a pre-built contest entry form template you can use to set up a quick contest in seconds.
- Boost your brand awareness and website visitor engagement with an instant contest entry form on top of tons of other features
- Collect details like name, phone, email, address, and more to add to your CRM, email marketing service, or WordPress database
- The easy to use template includes a customizable Rule of Entry section to help make sure you’re staying compliant with rules
- A visual drag and drop builder helps you completely customize your contest entry form without needing to know how to code at all
WPForms Pro starts at $199.50/year
Much more than a giveaway platform, Wishpond is a marketing platform that can handle tons of different online marketing needs. Although it may be too big of a platform for those looking for a simple Rafflecopter alternative, we’ll look at their contest and promotions product below.
- Simple and modern user interface to build awesome giveaway campaigns and social promotions
- Offers 300+ integrations with email marketing platforms, CRMs, payment processors, and more
- Has 10 social media competitions and contests including Instagram hashtag contests, photo caption contests, video contests, and more
Starts at $49/month (billed annually) — Create a free online giveaway during your 14-day free trial.
The Woorise online giveaway tool lets you create an online contest for free. Some of the cooler features are limited to paid plans.
- Conditional logic to customize the user experience
- Fraud detection and 1-click random winners
- Create your free online raffle to be shared with social action buttons including Facebook Like, Instagram Follow, Twitter Follow, YouTube Subscribe, and more
- Pre-made layouts and multilingual support
- Premium Grow version includes priority email and chat support
- Email integrations with the Grow version
Free. Premium Grow version pricing starts at around $55/month.
Agorapulse is a complete social media management platform, and the pricing reflects that. However, you’ll get access to their Facebook contest feature, which is awesome. So, if you’re in the market for both a social media manager tool and a Facebook giveaway service, this would make a decent pick.
- Sweepstakes for people who have liked and/or commented on a post
- Quizzes help you engage fans then randomly pick a winner from the comments with the correct answers
- Photo contests
Could you follow Facebook’s guidelines and run a timeline contest yourself? Sure. But filtering the likes and comments manually could take hours of work.
Starts at $89/month (billed annually) — Create a free online giveaway during your 30 day free trial (Their 15 day trial is renewable once).
Easypromos is a platform to create and manage digital promotions across all social networks. And our Easypromos review is favorable, especially since it’s so easy to use.
- Exclusive contests combining Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Use marketing products like surveys and polls
- Easypromos Instagram Giveaway Tool creates a contest among the entrants who comment on your Instagram post, and generates a random winner
- 100% responsive and mobile-friendly
- Can be used on WordPress with a widget
Starts at around $25/month (billed annually) — You can create 1 free online giveaway.
One of the more popular Rafflecopter alternatives on our list, ShortStack answers the ‘how do you start a giveaway’ question by making giveaway campaigns so easy to create you can do it in minutes. It’s a robust digital marketing platform built for engagement, marketing automation, and of course, lead collection.
- 20+ widgets including form, poll, newsletter, social media, gallery and voting
- Simple drag and drop builder
- Customized design options with size, text, color, and more
- Email campaign entrants automatically through ShortStack
- Collects leads in a searchable database with no storage limits
- Restricts repeated entries and verifies authenticity to reduce contest fraud and improve the quality of your email list
- The Random Entry Selector works for all types of contests on social networks, including as a Facebook contest winner generator
- Use Shortstack as a photo contest platform with their hashtags based photo contests
Free. Premium version starts at $29/month.
KingSumo helps you grow your email list through online giveaways. They created the software for their own company, AppSumo, and it worked so well they decided to share the technology.
- This online contest software lets you set up your giveaway on your WordPress site in just a few clicks
- Schedule start and end dates ahead of time
- Easy image uploads to show a picture of the prize next to its description
Free. The WordPress plugin license costs $198
Although it’s the most expensive of the Rafflecopter alternatives on our list, Gleam‘s sweepstakes maker makes it super easy to host an online giveaway through your social networks.
- Google Analytics integration
- Verified actions check the entries to social networks actually went through
- Reach more people by letting users refer friends with custom referral links
- Responsive widgets for a mobile-friendly user experience
- Random selection to make picking your winner a breeze
Although it’s got a lot of great features, it’s a lot of money for all those functions. And some of the Gleam competitors out there have been really stepping up their game and becoming more popular for good reason.
Free. While Gleam offers a premium $10/month Hobby plan that’s pretty limited, the Business plan starts at $149/month.
The free online contest software Woobox lets you set up your giveaway on your WordPress site in just a few clicks. Create a contest online free with this beautifully designed marketing platform.
- The software has an additional plugin you can install to embed your giveaway campaigns on your WordPress site with shortcodes
- The free giveaway template lets you easily customize and in just a few clicks create a sweepstakes free
- Offers landing pages to drive traffic from emails, social media posts, and ads to a dedicated page
- Collect entries from hashtags, likes, and comments on social sites
- Has a variety of campaigns like polls, giveaways, contests and instant wins
Free. The premium versions start at $32/month
The Best Rafflecopter Alternative Winner
Our pick for the best Rafflecopter alternatives winner is RafflePress. Here’s why:
- Completely dedicated to giveaways, not just an addon of a bigger software with tons of unrelated features
- It’s free and much more affordable than the others on this list to get the premium version at around $39/year
- It’s insanely easy to use and even beginners can create giveaways and add them to their WordPress websites
So now that you know the best Rafflecopter alternatives, you might want to learn more about online giveaways by reading our in-depth FAQ next.
We get a lot of questions about Rafflecopter alternatives, so we’ve put together a handy FAQ here.
What Is Rafflecopter?
Rafflecopter is a popular web-based contest tool that can help website owners with small business marketing by collecting email and other data. It does this by letting people build giveaways and sweepstakes on their social media accounts and websites.
How Do I Run a Contest Online?
The easiest, most effective, and most popular way to run a social contest for your online business is by hosting giveaways. Wondering how to run a giveaway? First, make sure you understand what a giveaway actually is and means.
What Are Giveaways?
Online giveaways are promotional drawings (sweepstakes, technically) where a prize is given away to a participant chosen at random from a pool of entries.
What Are the Best Giveaways?
Whether your digital marketing strategy includes growing your email list or simply getting more followers, the best online giveaways are usually social media contests. This just simply means that your contest is easily shareable via social media.
How Do I Track and Manage a Social Media Contest?
If you’re using a WordPress website for your business online, the simplest way to track and manage social media contests on your social networks is with a Rafflecopter alternative like RafflePress. With a social promotions tool like a Rafflecopter alternative, you can track and manage your social media contests through an easy-to-use software.
How Do You Pick a Winner for a Giveaway?
You can use RafflePress to pick your winner with the random generator.
But, before you pick your winner, make sure you’ve let your email list know about your giveaway. You can do this easily with RafflePress, since they have tons of email marketing and CRM integrations. Also, spread the word about your social media giveaway by submitting your contest to free giveaway websites.
Are Giveaways Allowed on Instagram?
Wondering to yourself can you promote a giveaway on Instagram? Great news, you can absolutely promote a giveaway on your Instagram account. Just make sure you’re closely following Instagram’s official Promotion Guidelines.
How Can I Do a Free Giveaway on Instagram?
Yes, you can do a free giveaway on Instagram. If you’re using a free tool like the Rafflecopter alternatives listed above, you can share your contest via Instagram from the tool.
The easiest way to keep track of an Instagram Giveaway is to use one of these tools.
Are Facebook Giveaways Legal?
You may be asking yourself is it illegal to do giveaways on Facebook? And the answer is, it depends.
It all depends on the terms of the giveaway, where you live, how you conduct it, and type of social promotions you run on the social media network.
Keep yourself super aware of these rules. If you’re in the U.S., check out this great post about Facebook contests and sweepstakes.
How Do I Create a Giveaway on Facebook?
And there you have it. Hopefully, this post helped you find a Rafflecopter alternative to create a free online giveaway that works for you and your site’s needs -regardless if that’s a small business blog, giveaway website, or something in between.
Plus, we hope we’ve helped answer your questions and you’ve learned how to create a giveaway.
If you’re about to launch a site or a new page, you should definitely read our post about the best WordPress coming soon plugins and themes.