Are you wondering how your customers feel about their shopping experiences with you? By asking customers to share their feedback on a WordPress customer feedback form, you can continue to make their shopping experience outstanding and fix things they may not like.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to add a customer feedback form to your WordPress site.
Here’s a table of contents if you’d like to jump ahead in this tutorial:
- Create a Customer Feedback Form
- Customize Your Feedback Form
- Configure Your Feedback Form’s Settings
- Add Your Customer Feedback Form to Your Website
Before creating a customer feedback form, it’s a good idea to plan out what kind of questions you want to ask your customers to improve your business.
Here are some examples of customer feedback questions that you can use to create your form:
- How likely are you to recommend this product/company to a friend?
- What problem would you like to solve with our product/service?
- What is the thing you love about our product/service/company?
- If you were unhappy, what can we do to get you to come back?
- How happy are you with us or our product/service?
- What features could you not live without?
- What features could you live without?
- How likely are you to shop with us?
- How did you hear about us?
- Why did you choose us?
- What you say to someone who asked about us?
Keep in mind these are only example questions. You don’t want to use all those questions at once and overwhelm your customers.
In fact, the fewer form fields you have, the higher your form conversions will be. So, be sure to choose only a few important questions to ask at a time. You can always survey your customers at a later date with different questions.
Now, let’s take a look at how to add a customer feedback for to your WordPress site using WPForms.
How to Make a WordPress Customer Feedback Form
Follow these steps to easily build your contact feedback form in WordPress.
Step 1: Create a Customer Feedback Form
Next, you’ll need to create a WordPress form. The great thing about WPForms is that it comes with over 100 pre-designed form templates to help you get started thanks to the Form Templates Pack addon. And, it just so happens that you can create a customer feedback form using a few different WPForms templates.
Let’s take a look:
If you’re looking for people to provide you with suggestions, this is the template for you. To start, it comes with the basic Name and Email form fields for getting people’s information. You can even add a newsletter checkbox to your form so you can add email addresses to your email list to boost your email marketing efforts.
It also comes with a Multiple Choice form field if you want people to choose a specific category or department, a Single Line Text field so people can assign a subject to their suggestion, and then the Paragraph Text field so people can let you know what their suggestion is.
The poll form template is perfect for asking customers one single question that will help you improve or build your business. For example, you might provide a list of potential products to start selling in your online shop and ask people which one they most would like to see hit the shelves.
Or, you might ask people what colors they prefer, how many times a month they buy from your company, or how they heard about your business. Check here for some good poll questions to ask for better customer feedback.
The pre-set template comes with form fields such as the Rating field and Paragraph Text field, which you can enable to appear using conditional logic if someone rates your company below a certain threshold.
It also comes with the Likert Scale form field for gauging people’s satisfaction with your company, products, services, customer service, and more. If you’d like some tips for Likert scale questions, check out this article on questionnaire examples and templates.
NPS Survey Form
WPForms offers website owners two Net Promoter Score NPS survey forms:
- NPS Survey Simple Form: If you want to get straight to the point and ask people if they would recommend your business to friends and family, this is the template you should use. It also comes with 2 Paragraph Text form fields requesting explanations if your customer is not likely to recommend your business.
- NPS Survey Enhanced Form: The enhanced Net Promoter Score survey form lets you get into more detail with your customers’ experience. In addition to the standard NPS form field and sections for suggestions, it asks people that are satisfied with your business to explain what they like the most about you and whether they might provide a testimonial.
Read how to create an NPS survey form in WordPress to get started and to see an NPS survey template. If you want additional feedback form templates, all you have to do is scroll through the Form Templates Pack addon to find feedback forms such as:
- Cancellation Survey Form
- Event Feedback Form
- Home Buyer Feedback Form
- Neighborhood Feedback Form
- Testimonial Form
- Event Registration Form
For our example, we’ve chosen the Suggestion Form template.
Step 2: Customize Your Feedback Form
Once you select the customer feedback form that meets your needs, you can customize it. In fact, that’s the beauty of WPForms.
Not only is WPForms the most beginner friendly and easy to use WordPress form builder around, it’s simple to customize. This means any of the form fields that are available that you want added to your customer feedback from can be added by dragging it from the left hand side in the Form Editor to the right hand side preview panel.
For our example, we’ll add a Multiple Choice form field to our suggestion form that asks the following: “How likely are you to recommend this product/service to a friend?” with the options Absolutely, Maybe, and No way.
Remember, you can add any number of form fields such as the Rating, Likert Scale, or even Net Promoter Score. Or you can customize standard fields to ask similar questions and get feedback from your customers. It’s really up to you how you want to structure your form.
We’ve used smart conditional logic to ask follow-up questions based on the feedback the customer gives us.
For instance, if someone chooses the “Absolutely” option, a field will appear asking the customer what they love best about our products or services, and what made their buying experience enjoyable. If someone chooses “No Way,” a field asking the customer what we can do to improve will appear.
As you can see, we also enable conditional logic on the referral question, so that a different question displays based on the customer’s answer.
In the end, using smart logic makes the forms shorter while giving the customers a chance to provide clear answers without feeling overwhelmed.
Step 3: Configure Your Feedback Form’s Settings
Before you add your customer feedback form to your WordPress site, you should configure its settings.
There are many settings to configure on a WordPress form:
- General Settings: Here you can change things like your form’s name, description, and submit button copy. You can also enable additional spam prevention features to keep your website secure from unwanted form submissions.
- Form Confirmations: Form confirmations are messages that display to site visitors once they submit a customer feedback form on your website. WPForms has three confirmation types to choose from: Message, Show Page, and Redirect. You can choose one or a combination.
- Form Notifications: Notifications are a great way to send an email whenever a feedback form is submitted on your website. You can set up a notification that’s sent to your business email address once a form is submitted on your site. You can also send one to the site visitor that submitted the form and anyone else that needs to be notified of a form submission.
If you’ve added a subscribe checkbox to your contact form, you’ll need to integrate it with your preferred email marketing provider.
WPForms offers the following email service provider integrations:
Step 4: Add Your Customer Feedback Form to Your Site
Asking for feedback will help you provide the best customer service to your site visitors. And while asking people for feedback is important for growing your business, you don’t want to be too pushy.
WPForms lets you add forms to many places on your WordPress website, including posts, pages, and widget areas.
However, another way you can ask for feedback is by adding a popup form to your site that visitors see after making a purchase. Check out our post on the best WordPress popup plugins to find the right one for you.
We recommend OptinMonster, so we’ve made a tutorial on how to create a popup form in WordPress using that tool.
After that, it’s easy to link to your feedback form in purchase orders, email newsletters, or even from social media so people that have recently interacted with your business can leave feedback.
Remember these tips to help you get more feedback suggestions:
- Keep the form short or even break it into multiple parts.
- Create a logical flow to questions.
- Ensure your form is user-friendly on mobile devices.
- Offer incentives for feedback, like special discounts.
And there you have it! You now know how to add a customer feedback form to your WordPress site so you can know exactly how people feel about your company, products, services, and more.
You could also think about using a refer-a-friend form to get more leads from the customers who give positive ratings.
Do you want to sell digital products on your WordPress site? You might also want to check out our guide on the simplest way to sell digital products.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro comes with multiple free survey templates.