Are you looking for the best minimalist WordPress themes for your website?
Minimalist themes are incredibly popular since they look great and keep readers focused. There are a lot of themes out there, so we did the work for you in this post and rounded up the very best minimalist WordPress themes available.
What Is a Minimalist Theme?
A minimalist WordPress theme is a theme designed with simplicity in mind. The goal with minimalist themes is to use a small amount of effects without much decoration — this makes the website appear ‘clean’.
Because of the sleek and modern design, minimalist themes are popular for creatives like photographers and writers to use on their websites. However, they look great and can work for any site.
If you’ve decided a minimalist WordPress theme is the way you want to go, read on to learn how to choose the right theme for your website.
How Do I Choose a Theme for My Website?
Choosing the right theme to install on your website usually comes down to personal preference and industry. Some themes may not be appropriate for all niches. But here’s a good list of must-haves to look for when trying to choose a theme for your website:
- Is 100% responsive and mobile-friendly
- Is appropriate for your industry
- Has a drag and drop page builder for easy customization (or integrates with a page builder)
- Isn’t bloated and won’t impact your site speed
- Is compatible with all major browsers
- Will support popular WordPress plugins
- Is SEO-friendly
- Comes with the ability to use visually appealing colors and fonts
- Is multilanguage-ready
- Offers support options when you need help
Luckily, all the minimalist themes on our list have all or most of these important items. So lets check them out now.
The Best Minimalist WordPress Themes
Let’s take a look at the internet’s very best minimalist WordPress themes:
First up on our list of the best minimalist WordPress themes has to be Monochrome Pro by StudioPress. The stunning design is eye-catching and the customization possibilities are awesome.
- Supports automatic set up and import of sample demo content + recommended plugins
- Includes a theme customizer for control over your site’s colors and settings
- Real-time previewer lets you see changes right away
- Support for WooCommerce so you can quickly and easily set up an online store, then skyrocket revenue by adding live sales notifications for WooCommerce
Using WooCommerce? Be sure to check out our list of the best WooCommerce themes for your WordPress site!
2. Gallery Pro
Gallery Pro by StudioPress is described as a posh yet minimalist theme. You’ll understand why once you look at it — This full-screen pick has stunning typography and tons of customization options.
- Multiple flexible widget areas
- Real-time previews
- Includes pre-made page templates
- Custom background images, colors, and other content
Need to make your school’s website look great fast and easily? Make sure to take a peek at our list of the world’s best education WordPress themes.
Hestia by ThemeIsle is a stylish and modern one-page theme that’s so customizable and flexible, it works perfect for any website. It’s one of ThemeIsle’s most popular products and has a ton of 5-star reviews.
- Focus on speed and performance
- WooCommerce design ready
- Page builder compatibility
- Includes starter sites for easy setup
Cost: Starts at $69
Themify’s Elegant is a stunning multi-purpose theme that’s on our list of the best minimalist WordPress themes since it focuses on content. It’s clean and slick look with great attention to striking typography makes it a simple elegant WordPress theme.
- Custom backgrounds
- Portfolio option to display your work visually
- 100% responsive
- Visual builder
- eCommerce ready
- Masonry grid layouts available
- Color customization
- Includes page templates
Cost: Starts at $59
Divi by Elegant Themes is a very popular multi-purpose WordPress theme that can be quickly set up as a minimalist theme. Divi’s awesome built-in drag and drop builder lets you create any type of layout for your site. Plus, if you don’t find a pre-built Divi layout that you love, you can always check out this list of the best Divi child themes.
- Includes support
- A fantastic visual drag and drop builder
- Save custom layouts for reuse
- A/B split testing
- Total customization
- 20 pre-built layouts and templates
Cost: $89/year (includes access to several other themes from Elegant Themes)
Astra is another amazing multi-purpose theme that’s easy to set up, is lightning-fast, and can support a minimal design. You can quickly create a professional and great-looking business website with this robust theme that’s perfect for beginners and anyone getting into eCommerce.
- Includes support
- Insanely fast
- Build a site in minutes with 1-click setup website templates
- WooCommerce support for online stores
- Completely customizable
Cost: $59/year or a one-time payment of $249
Run a restaurant website or know someone who does? You don’t wanna miss our article on the best WordPress restaurant themes.
Another incredibly fast minimalist-style theme on our list is OceanWP. It gives you the power to control how your website looks without ever getting very technical.
- Supports popular page builders for easy site creation
- WooCommerce support
- Fully responsive
- Image sliders and custom widgets
- Fantastic customer support
- Unlimited color schemes
Cost: Free. To access all features (and their world-class support) it’s $39/year or a one-time payment of $159
MinimalistBlogger by SuperbThemes is an insanely affordable theme that still offers amazing features. Plus, it’s highly customizable and features a sleek, eye-catching design. Like all off SuperbTheme’s beautiful themes, it’s incredibly fast and SEO-optimized.
- Custom header text or logo to make the first impression of your website stunning, memorable, and exactly how you’ve imagined it
- A customizable header background color
- Recent posts widget to automatically display your latest content and encourage continued engagement on your website
- Easy Google Fonts for access to tons of different kinds of typography
- Customizable colors in multiple places for total control of your website design
- Full-width page template
Cost: There’s a free version with limited features and a premium version which starts at $29
If you’re looking for the best minimalist WordPress theme for photographers and bloggers, WPZoom’s Eclipse is a popular choice among many. It’s simple but full of features so you can make a huge impact without overwhelming your visitors.
- A visual customizer to adjust colors and fonts so you can match the theme to your branding
- Responsive so it looks awesome on all devices
- Rotating featured images slider
- WooCommerce support for online stores if you’d like to make sales
- A theme options panel that lets you change all the details of your theme
- An Instagram widget to display your Instagram posts right on your website while directing traffic to your social media pages to get more followers
- Comptable with the Elementor page builder
- Full-screen design creates a modern feel
- Popular masonry layout option
- Easily add a show host page
- Includes video support
- 100% responsive (incredibly important for podcasting themes since people listen on mobile often)
- SEO-friendly and optimized for speed
- Infinite scroll pagination available
Are you a writer or author? Check out this great guide to the best WordPress themes for authors or writers.
It’s not easy to pull off a minimalist design for an online store, but the Boulder theme does it perfectly. It’s got a cool full-width featured image slider with CTA buttons that can help you make more sales or get more email subscribers, but also leans toward being minimal.
- 1-click demo import
- Fully customizable theme to match your brand colors and style
- Includes their own page builder
- Incredibly easy to use
- WooCommerce ready if you’re looking to make an online store
- Mobile-responsive so it looks great on any device
- 1-click demo import so you can get your site up and running right away
- Support for the popular Elementor page builder
- Detailed documentation and helpful support
- Responsive design
- WooCommerce support
- Widgetized areas for customization
Cost: Starts at $59 (includes all 18 themes from Anariel Design)
13. WP Diary
Next up on our list of the best minimalist themes for WordPress is WP Diary. This fully responsive theme, great for a WordPress blog, is both feminine and striking. On top of that, it’s got a free version as well so if you’re looking for free clean WordPress themes, give this one a peek.
- Custom typography for a unique look
- Perfect for blog layouts
- Includes a built-in live customizer to see your changes right away
- Unlimited primary color options to match your theme to your brand perfectly
Cost: Free — The Pro version costs $55
The minimal WordPress theme Border takes the awesome full-screen trend to the next level. It’s an ultra minimalist WordPress theme great for photographers or anyone who wants a site that puts images and visuals first.
- Full-width display with a striking minimalist design
- Quick loading times
- Mobile-friendly and responsive
- Animated page transitions for a smooth look
Cost: $75/year or a one-time payment of $95
The Me WordPress theme is a straightforward and affordable theme that’s simplicity at it’s best.
- Responsive and retina-ready
- Included custom backgrounds
- Powerful portfolio options with AJAX
- 5 custom thumbnail shapes to choose from
- 70+ available fonts
Know anyone who sells properties for a living? You’ll definitely want to send them a link to our hand-picked list of the best WordPress real estate themes.
We can’t decide if the best thing about Anariel Design’s Didi theme is how fantastic it looks or how easy it is to set up. But best of all, buying this theme includes access to all 18 themes by the popular web design company. It’s a great choice for a fashion or lifestyle blog, too.
- Fully-responsive for a great-looking site on all devices
- Integrated customizable footer widget area
- Related posts feature to keep visitors on your site longer and looking at more of your content
- Integrates with the popular Beaver Builder, Elementor, and SiteOrigin page builders
- Live preview in the WordPress customizer
- Includes 4 pre-built layout templates to have your site up in minutes
Cost: $59 (includes all 18 themes from Anariel Design)
One of the best minimalist WordPress blog themes is MinimalistBlogger by ThemeEverest. which is also on a lot of lists of the best minimalist WordPress theme for writers (but works great for all websites). Since it’s free, you won’t see some of the perks like the paid themes have, but if you’re looking for something that gets the job done for no cost (besides your time), this is definitely one of the best free WordPress themes out there.
- Minimally designed with a newspaper feel
- A great responsive WordPress theme that works on all devices
- Widget area for customization
- Portfolio layout works well for authors, bloggers, and writers
Cool, I Have a Theme. What’s Next?
Now that you selected your minimalist WordPress theme, the next thing you’ll do is make a website and add useful forms.
WPForms Pro is the best way to do that because:
- It’s the most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin and uses a drag and drop builder to create any form you like
- It’s fully responsive and forms will look great on all devices, including mobile
- Conditional logic helps you keep your forms clutter-free to match the style of your minimalist theme
- It lets you create a multi-page form to break the form into multiple pages for your users and enhance the user experience
- It allows you to create a conversational form on your minimalist theme helping you get more leads in a conversational tone
- You get access to priority support from a friendly and knowledgeable team
And there you have it. We hope this list of the world’s best minimalist WordPress themes helped you find one that will work great for you and your website.
If you’re still in the beginning stages of starting your website (or looking for a change), make sure to check out our guide on the best website builder for small business.