Are you looking for the best event WordPress themes?
If you host a lot of events and want to get the word out, a WordPress event theme or plugin can help you succeed.
In this article, we’ll share the best event WordPress themes for your website.
How Can I Find an Event WordPress Theme or Plugin?
If you’re an event manager or organizer, you probably already know how important a good website is for your ticket sales. And with 100s of WordPress event themes and plugins on the internet, it can be confusing for you to pick a theme that can match all of your requirements and still look professional.
So you should look for a theme or plugin that gives you an option to create and display your events beautifully and easily.
Below, we’ve listed some of the common features that you should look for in an event WordPress theme or tool:
- Drag and drop event builder — It should be easy to use your theme or plugin, and a drag and drop event builder can help you do just that.
- Location map integration —You’ll want to look for a theme or plugin that has maps built in, so your guests can easily find where your event is taking place.
- Ticket purchase system — You want to make sure you make it easy to sell tickets to your event online, and easy for people to buy them.
- Forms Integration — Your theme should easily integrate with a form builder to add an event registration form in WordPress. That way, you can create an online model release form for your events.
- Flexible layout — You’ll want to make sure your WordPress tool is responsive, and looks great on all devices.
- Mobile-ready — More than just being responsive, your theme should work well on mobile devices since people spend over 3.5 hours on their mobile devices per day.
Now that you know how to choose a WordPress event theme, let’s take a look at our top picks below. And we’ve also included some event plugins on this list, in case you already have a theme and need an extra feature here or there like the ability to add an event calendar.
Don’t forget: we also have a guide to accepting user-submitted events on your site.
Let’s move on and look at our top picks.
Best Event WordPress Themes & Plugins
If you’re still trying to figure out where you can get the best event themes and plugins, then you’re at the right place. Below you’ll find the best event WordPress themes out there.
Astra is a popular WordPress theme that’s multipurpose, meaning you can easily use it as an event theme. They even have a pre-built starter website with an upcoming event countdown timer that lets you sell tickets online.
- Page builder compatibility
- 1-click demo import
- Popular 1-page style
- 100% responsive
- Visual builder for complete customization
- Schedule of events
- Speakers, blog, and contact pages
- Slider widgets
- CTA Buttons
3. Metro Pro
Metro Pro is a magazine-style theme that works great as a WordPress event theme. And since it’s built on top of the Genesis framework, you can easily add an events plugin to create a calendar.
- Make money from your event website with eCommerce integration featuring WooCommerce
- Wide-screen display
- Homepage widget area with up to 4 available
- Customizable header
They offer multiple layouts, but the OceanWP Event layout is a perfect choice for all types of events, from hosting a single event like a wedding or a big party to something even bigger. It features a stunning wide-screen image that captures your visitors attention immediately.
- Event countdown timer
- Instagram display feed, one of the features of the theme’s social media integration
- Sell tickets to an upcoming event with WooCommerce integration
- Customizable colors to match your event theme or business branding
5. SeedProd (Plugin)
SeedProd is a powerful drag and drop WordPress theme builder that comes with over 15+ pre-built themes and 150+ page templates. Using the theme builder, you can completely customize your site by pointing and clicking.
Plus, you can add ready-made blocks to improve conversions and boost event attendance. Choose from blocks like testimonials, Google maps, videos, email optin forms, and much more.
- Easy drag and drop theme builder
- 200+ pre-built themes and landing page templates
- Live mobile and desktop previews
- Integrates with WPForms
- WooCommerce ready
- Built-in subscriber management
Event is a great theme to use if you’re an event organizer. It’s a bold choice for a fast-paced industry like nightclubs, entertainment, autos, or more.
- Event, gallery, and video posts
- Multiple layouts available
- Parallax scrolling
- Post statistics
7. Sugar Calendar (Plugin)
Sugar Calendar is the best WordPress event calendar and booking plugin. With Sugar Calendar, you can create event schedules, display event calendars, sell event tickets, and more.
- Easily add events and details like location, timezones, and start and end times
- Create one-time or recurring events
- Multiple event calendar widgets
- Sell tickets through Stripe or WooCommerce
- Syncs with Google Calendar and iCal
8. Hestia Pro
Hestia Pro by ThemeIsle is a flexible multi-purpose theme that will work great as an event WordPress theme. You can use a plugin called The Events Calendar to expand this theme’s potential.
- WooCommerce compatible so you can add live sales notifications for WooCommerce
- Stylish 1-page format
- Slider and video header
- Ability to choose between multiple layouts like grid for a masonry effect
- Live customizer
The theme OpenEvent by Showthemes is an awesome event theme to try. If you’re hosting events and conferences with speakers, you’ll love this WordPress event theme.
- Edit most elements live
- Easy color customization
- Ability to sell tickets online
- Highlight conference speakers
- Video widget
If you’re looking for a simple but bold event theme, Oscillator has got you covered. The bold, modern design grabs your visitors attention quickly.
- More functionality with custom widgets like sidebars, content, and networking
- Social media integration
- Drag and drop homepage
- 6 post types including events list
- A streaming audio player for a live station or use of the theme’s tracklist system
The theme Neve has an amazing layout called Neve Events that can serve as a fantastic event WordPress theme. It has a great featured event area with images to promote your WordPress events easily.
- Elementor page builder compatibility
- Custom page layouts
- Mobile responsive and looks great on all devices
- Incredibly fast
- Easy to use
12. The Events Calendar (Plugin)
The Events Calendar is a wildly popular events plugin that can be used with most themes to instantly turn them into events themes. This is a perfect opportunity to turn the theme you’re already using into an events theme instantly.
- Works out of the box and is ready to go once installed
- Calendar month view
- Tooltips available
- Google Maps integration
- Upcoming events widget
Sessions is a WordPress event theme geared toward those who work in music for a job, but can be tweaked to suit many different niches. If you want to have a list of upcoming and past events on your website, this may be the theme for you.
- A streaming audio player for a live station or use of the theme’s tracklist system
- WooCommerce support
- Custom post types like slider, artists, discography, event, galleries, and videos
- Drag and drop homepage
14. Glam Pro
The Glam Pro theme has a feminine, light feel to it. Its layout makes it a good choice for bloggers who want to host events (webinars, meet and greets, etc) because it’s built on the Genesis framework which connects seamlessly to plugins like The Events Calendar. If you need to make a webinar landing page, this theme could be a great choice.
- Mobile responsive
- Widget area for 2 homepage and 1 footer widget, to help switch up your homepage layout and footer on all pages
- Custom page templates
- Easy theme customizer to match the colors, content, and background images to your brand and event
Speakersumo is a WordPress event theme that’s made for exactly what it sounds like, speakers. It’s got everything you’d need like a calendar, blog, and a strong Call To Action button to get hired by potential clients.
- Popular single-page layout style
- Flexible header with photo and videos
- Custom Calls To Action
- eBook displays
- Showcase speaker topics
Work in the entertainment world? Then Berliner makes a great choice if you’re trying to promote your event as a musician.
- A sleek, cool look
- Fully responsive
- Display event schedule as upcoming events
- Upload an audio file to display on the landing page with the custom widgets
- Events management system
17. Event Espresso (Plugin)
This list of the best WordPress event themes and plugins wouldn’t be complete without including Event Espresso. This wonderfully helpful plugin lets you sell tickets to any type of event, like a course or a tournament, as examples.
- Handles registration and ticket sales
- Integrates with most popular WordPress themes for small businesses
- Accept credit card payments with Authorize.Net, Stripe, Venmo, PayPal, and more
- Display events on an event calendar
- Create discount codes and promo codes
- Waitlist functionality
And there you have it! Hopefully, this list of the best WordPress event themes helped you find what you need to get your small business site up and running.
I’ve Got My Theme, What Now?
Now that you’ve got your event WordPress theme and plugins picked out, the next thing you’ll want to do is make a website and add different types of contact forms.
WPForms Pro is the best way to do that because:
- It’s the most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin and uses a drag and drop builder to create any form you like
- It comes with a free event registration form template to get guests to sign up for your events
- You can accept payments for events when you sell tickets to your events simply by using the Stripe, Authorize.Net, PayPal, and Square addons.
- It lets you create a multi-page form to break the form into multiple pages for your users and enhance the user experience.
- It allows you to create an interactive form on your event website helping your users provide complete details about themselves if needed, and you can also connect with them in a conversational tone
- You can add polls or surveys to your forms, great for gathering information like food preferences for a fundraiser or wedding
- It’s one of the best geolocation plugins for WordPress and lets you easily see where each form submission was sent from
- You get access to priority support from a friendly and knowledgeable team so event organizers have the support they need for their contact forms
- It’s fully mobile responsive, so your cool new website and your forms will look great on all devices
- You can use it as an SMS plugin to receive instant form submission notifications via text messages.
Next, Learn About Changing WordPress Themes
If you’re planning to change your site theme you need to remember certain important factors before proceeding with changes. For more details check out our detailed guide on how to change your WordPress theme.
Once you’ve got your theme in place and you’re ready to engage with your visitors, make sure you’re ready by having one of the best survey plugins on hand. And be sure to read this list of GDPR WordPress plugins to be sure you’re storing data legally.
Ready to build your form? Get started today with the easiest WordPress form builder plugin. WPForms Pro includes lots of free templates and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.