Looking for the best plugin to embed an interactive on your WordPress site?
Placing a map on your website allows you to display your business contact information and help your visitors find your location easily.
Also, the physical existence of your business helps you build trust and credibility among your users.
In this article, we’ve hand-picked the best WordPress map plugins, so you can add and display maps on your website effortlessly.
In This Article
Best WordPress Map Plugins
We’ve included free and paid map plugins here so that you can choose the best fit for your business. Let’s start with the easiest solution for address autocomplete with maps.
The Pro version of WPForms comes with a powerful Geolocation Addon that allows you to add a map to your website contact forms without any custom HTML code. All you have to do is connect it to either Google Places or Mapbox.
You can then use a Single Line Text field or an Address field to add address autocomplete to your forms and allow your visitors to move the pin around an interactive map to change their addresses.
Apart from the Geolocation Addon, WPForms also lets you enforce georestrictions on your forms. For instance, if you’re a local business, it would only make sense for you to accept submissions from your country.
The country filter is also an excellent tool for blocking spam. Spambots often attack websites from similar IP addresses connected to the same country.
If you’re seeing high rates of spam from a specific country, you use this filter to restrict form submissions from that country. However, avoid using this setting if you don’t want legitimate people from that country to submit entries.
WPForms also comes with 1,400+ WordPress form templates.
You’ll get access to form templates for entertainment along with other categories like business operations and marketing.
Overall, WPForms includes tons of excellent features that enhance your form-building experience on your website.
- Easy and user-friendly
- Interactive drag-and-drop builder
- Track where your form users are coming from
- Lets you create autocomplete address forms in WordPress
- Allows you to store your website visitors’ geolocation data with their form entry
- Give flexibility to users to adjust their location by dragging the map pin.
Pricing: Starts at $199.50/year
SeedProd is the best landing page builder for WordPress. It comes with a Google Maps Block that lets you add Google Maps to your WordPress website without adding any code.
With its powerful features, you can customize maps on your website however you’d like. The major benefit of using the SeedProd Google Maps Block is that you don’t need to copy-paste any shortcode in order to display maps on your web pages.
Just drag and drop the Google map block, add your location, customize map settings, and you’re done!
- Drag and drop builder
- Flexibility to define zoom level, alignment, and width of the map
- Different border styles for Google Maps
- Allows you to adjust the spacing around the custom map
- Add Google Maps on any page/post without coding
SeedProd includes a list of 100+ blocks that helps you create high-converting landing pages. You can use the SeedProd plugin for multiple purposes, including creating maps on your website.
To learn more about SeedProd features, check out our detailed SeedProd review.
Pricing: Starting at $39.50/year.
Alternative: Thrive Architect.
Maps Marker Pro is a popular premium WordPress mapping plugin. You can build any kind of map using this plugin.
It allows you to create a map with multiple locations and custom markers. Maps Marker Pro also offers multiple base maps, including Google Maps, Bing, Mapbox, OpenStreet Map, etc.
- Allows you to create multiple types of maps
- Supports different geocoding providers such as TomTom Geocoding, Google Geocoding, etc
- Filtering feature for easy map navigation
- Create animated marker clusters for each map
- Supports GPX tracking
- Sort markers by date, name, and distance
- Provides an option to share maps offline via QR codes
Apart from the features mentioned above, you can also create multilingual maps using Maps Marker Pro. It’s completely compatible with the popular translations plugin like WPML translation and the Polylang plugin.
Pricing: Starts at $49/year.
WP Go Maps is a popular plugin to add Google Maps into WordPress. It’s a freemium tool that offers plenty of powerful features to create customized Google maps on your websites.
You can create a Google map with multiple markers with its Free version, while the Pro version offers more advanced features.
- Supports 4 Google Maps types: terrain, roadmap, hybrid, and satellite
- Flexibility to define map color, height, width, alignment, and zoom level
- Pre-built map templates for a store locator, directional map, etc
- Create Google Maps with multiple markers
- Map block for Elementor page builder
- Options to add your own map theme
- Allows you to add descriptions, links, and images to map markers
- Allows you to add categories to maps
- Advanced filtering option for map categories
- Export/Import map markers to a CSV file
If you’re searching for a free plugin to add Google Maps to WordPress websites, then WP Google Maps might be a good option for you. Its lite version has 40,000+ downloads and 2000+ 5-star ratings on the wordpress.org repository.
Pricing: It offers both free and paid version, with the paid plans starting at $39.99/year.
Interactive Geo Maps is another freemium plugin available to create interactive Google maps in WordPress. Its free version offers some basic map functionalities, while with the Pro version, you can make more engaging maps.
- Easily create maps of continents and regions
- Flexibility to add colored markers
- Add custom image markers
- Vector icon markers
- Define the center of the map and zoom level
- Export map as an image or PDF
- Extensive customization options
- Mobile friendly
The best thing about the Interactive Geo Maps plugin is that if you don’t want to invest in the Pro version, using its Free version, you can create and display simple-looking yet creative maps.
Pricing: Offers a free version as well as paid plans with annual pricing of $29.99/year.
MapifyPro is a powerful mapping solution available for WordPress. The plugin offers both Lite and Pro versions.
With MapifyLite, you can create standard maps with images, videos, and custom map markers, and for more advanced map features, you can try using its Pro version.
- Add a video and photo gallery to any map
- Cluster feature for multiple locations
- Display customized map tooltips
- Provides an option to share map locations on social media
- Add a location directory under the map for better interaction
- Styling option for tooltips and pop-ups
- 100% responsive maps
MapifyPro uses its own unique mapping API; it doesn’t depend on the Google Maps API to display maps on WordPress. This means if you’re working with MapifyPro, then you need not worry about the frequent changes in Google policies.
Pricing: Starts at $193.8/year.
Google Maps Easy is one of the popular plugins to create online Google maps in WordPress. As the name says, creating Google Maps with the Google Maps Easy plugin is super easy and flexible. This plugin also comes with both Free and Paid versions.
Google Maps Easy provides 3 embedding options; you can add Google Maps with shortcode, open it in a pop-up, or use the Google Maps widget.
- User-friendly and mobile responsive
- Create Google Maps with an unlimited number of map markers and locations
- Add an image, video, email, text, or phone number as a map marker description
- Add a map with a shortcode or PHP code
- Customize Google Maps with colorful skins and beautiful pictures
- Flexibility to import and export map markers
The Free version of Google Maps Easy includes enough features to create flawlessly working Google Maps on your WordPress websites. If you don’t want to invest in a map plugin, then this plugin is worth trying.
Pricing: It’s a free plugin with paid plans starting at $49/year.
If you want to display a map on your website footer, header, sidebar, or inside a widget, then Maps Widget for Google Maps is the best option for you. It’s a premium plugin that allows adding maps anywhere on the site.
Maps Widget for Google Maps offers customization options to create maps that perfectly match your website design and look.
- Fast and lightweight map plugin
- Create unlimited maps and add as many pins as you’d like
- Advanced map customization options such as zoom level, colors, fonts map type, and map size
- Display maps in a lightbox for a better view
- Embed maps anywhere on your WordPress website
- It comes with a built-in block for the WordPress editor
The main focus of this plugin is speed and fast loading. Therefore you won’t find many features compared to other maps plugins in Maps Widget for Google Maps.
Pricing: It’s a free plugin with paid plans starting at $29/year.
MapPress is another free and easy plugin to add Google Maps to a WordPress website. You can create interactive Google and Leaflet maps with MapPress.
Its Lite version lets you create unlimited maps and allows you to add map markers using the modern and classic editor.
- Free and easy WordPress Google Map plugin
- Embed maps with a shortcode, widget, or Gutenberg block
- Create a map with latitude and longitude coordinates or address
- Define the zoom level for the map
- Add custom map markers
- Allows you to build maps based on custom fields
The good thing about MapPress is that it’s not loaded with unwanted map features. This plugin includes a sufficient number of features allowing you to create professional-looking maps with ease.
Pricing: It’s another free map plugin with paid plans starting at $39/year.
Advanced Google Maps Plugin for WordPress is a premium tool to create Google Maps. You can create maps and add locations by importing CSV files without defining latitude and longitude.
It has multiple styling options and allows you to add Snazzy Maps styles to create more beautiful Google Maps.
- Create maps by importing CSV, without adding latitude and longitude
- Smart Geocoding system
- Compatible with BuddyPress, Gravity Forms, and AirTable
- Flexibility to display WordPress posts on Google Maps
- Advanced map customization options
- Add an unlimited number of extra fields
- Add marker clusters on Google Maps
Advanced Google Maps Plugin for WordPress is not beginner-friendly but definitely a good option for experienced users.
Pricing: Starts at $89/year.
How I Picked the Best WordPress Map Plugins
When researching the map plugins for WordPress, I evaluated each option based on the following considerations:
- User ratings: All the plugins on this list are highly rated on WordPress.org and other trusted sites, scoring 4 out of 5 stars on average. The WordPress community trusts these plugins, and I wholeheartedly agree.
- Ease of use: Adding maps to your website doesn’t need to be a difficult task. And many plugins prove it can be as easy as a few clicks of your mouse. The plugins listed here are all beginner-friendly and require no technical knowledge to be used effectively.
- Features: Making maps interactive and extracting more useful functions out of them is important. For instance, WPForms makes collecting address information easier with a map while also offering accurate address autocomplete features. These extra conveniences make plugins stand out from others.
- Updates: I only recommend plugins that are regularly updated and tested with the latest WordPress version. Outdated plugins are not only buggy but put your site at risk with inadequate security.
FAQs – Best WordPress Map Plugins
Still have some questions? We’ve provided answers below to some of the most common questions when it comes to finding and using the best WordPress map plugins.
What Is a Map Plugin?
A WordPress map plugin helps you embed and display Google maps on your website – without writing a single line of code! (in most cases)
Generally, a map plugin offers multiple features that you can use to create and showcase customized maps on your website.
With a powerful Google map plugin, you can change map themes, add multiple locations, create custom markers, and much more.
Of course, you can add a custom HTML code to embed Google Maps on your site, but doing so will limit many customization options you’ll get with a map plugin.
How Do I Create an Interactive Map in WordPress?
The simplest way to create beautiful and interactive maps in WordPress is to use a map plugin.
A plugin opens limitless customization and styling options for your map display. You can completely change the look of your map and match it with your website brand and design.
Maps’ styling and customizations with HTML and CSS are time-consuming and require advanced coding knowledge.
If you’re a beginner, using a Google Maps plugin will be a huge time-saver – a better and easier option for you and your business.
How Do I Add a Google Map to WordPress?
You can embed Google maps in WordPress using 2 methods:
- Add Google Maps in WordPress with a map plugin
- Add Google Maps in WordPress manually
We recommend using the Google Maps plugin for the process. Many map plugins are integrated with easy embedding options that let you quickly add maps on any page or post on your website.
What can I do with a map plugin on my WordPress site?
Using a map plugin for WordPress lets you embed maps on your site to display locations, such as your exact business location. You can also drop markers, so if you want to embed a map of your business location that includes a marker for the nearest parking garage, you can.
Does WordPress have a built-in map feature?
WordPress does not have a built-in map feature. You need to install and use a third-party plugin if you want to use or display a map on your website.
Will using a map plugin slow down my site?
Using a map plugin shouldn’t slow down your WordPress site as most of them are pretty lightweight. That said, if you embed multiple maps on a page, especially if they’re complex in nature and include a lot of features, that could potentially slow down your page load time.
Can I create custom maps?
If you want to create a custom map that includes points of interest on it, that’s easily done with most map plugins. It’s important to do your research first, but many of the map plugins let you customize maps with your own pins and symbols.
Are WordPress map plugins responsive?
Most WordPress map plugins are responsive, so users will see your maps correctly no matter what device they’re using. It’s always a good idea to do your research ahead of time, though, and check to make sure your specific plugin is responsive.
Next, Connect Your Site to Google Analytics
And there you’ve it! We hope this article helps you choose the best Google Map plugin for your WordPress websites.
After adding Google Maps in WordPress, you might want to know how your visitors are finding your website on the web; you can find out by setting up Google Analytics. Check out our detailed guide on how to add Google Analytics to WordPress.
If you’re looking for an eCommerce plugin for WordPress, be sure to check out our post on the best WordPress eCommerce plugins.