Contact Form Templates
Tips for Creating Contact Forms That Convert
Our contact form templates come in a variety of shapes and leverage different WPForms functionalities to suit a wide range of use cases.
General Contact Forms
Most websites only need a basic contact form to allow people to send a message along with their contact information for correspondence.
This is the safest and easiest way for visitors to reach you.
At the same time, there are situations where you may want to make slight variations to the basic contact form. Either way, WPForms offers tons of options including:
- A simple contact form to keep things short and sweet
- Anti-spam GDPR contact form to block fake submissions and get visitor consent for storing their information
- Emergency contact form, which has additional fields for collecting emergency contact information for an individual.
You’re free to use any kind of contact form template in WPForms and customize it using the beginner-friendly drag and drop form builder.
Contact Forms With Advanced Layouts
Contact forms typically use a one-column, single-page layout. However, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach for web forms.
If you want to make your forms more interesting, feel free to give our multi-page or multi-column templates a try:
- An interactive multi-step contact form with a progress bar to encourage visitors to complete it
- Multi-column contact form with fields arranged in 2 columns (great when you’re embedding in a small space like a sidebar widget)
- Multi-page contact form is similar to the multi-step variant, but it uses Page Break fields without the advanced features of the Lead Forms addon.
There are different ways to create multi-step forms in WPForms Pro. For instance, you can simply insert page breaks to break your form into smaller chunks.
But if you want to go even more advanced and get access to styling options for the form container, you can use the Lead Forms addon to automatically insert page breaks after every field.
Special Contact Forms
WPForms includes powerful capabilities to fuel your conversions. We have many contact form templates that use one or more of our premium features to help improve user experience and give you greater control:
- Form abandonment contact form can save partial entries, so you can still collect email addresses even if a visitor quits your form (requires Form Abandonment addon)
- Address autocomplete contact form makes form-filling faster by automatically retrieving address data from Google (requires Geolocation addon)
- User journey contact form tracks the path your visitor took across your website before finding a form and submitting it (requiring User Journey addon).
Other Contact Forms
Aside from the examples above, our form template library is home to dozens of other kinds of contact forms. Just pick a form that closely matches your needs and customize it to your heart’s content:
Ready to build your form? Get started today with the easiest WordPress form builder plugin. WPForms Pro includes hundreds of templates and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Our form templates let you create any kind of WordPress form in a few clicks.
Import Any Template With 1 Click
Ready to get started? Import any form template and start customizing it right away.
Add or Remove Fields
Use our simple drag and drop form builder to add fields, delete them, or move them around.
Customize Notification Settings
It’s easy to edit the notification emails on any template with your own text or smart tags.
Change the Confirmation Message
Easily display a custom message after submission – or forward your visitor to another page.
Change the Field Labels
Click on a field and change the text to collect the exact information you need.
Change the Notification Email
Add CCed recipients and multiple notifications so you never miss an entry.
Customize the Submit Button
Adapt the words on the button and change the color so that it matches your theme.
Publish Your Form With Ease
Hit publish — that's it! WPForms makes it easy to get your forms online without writing code.
Here’s what people are saying about us...
“I don’t know why the existing form plugins never thought of templates. 99% of people installing this plugin want a simple contact form. Instead of you having to build it, you click the Simple Contact Form template and its built for you!”
“I’ve used this plugin on several sites Ive built and its perfect easy to use, and just works. Very grateful that this plugin exists.”
“The user interface is very smooth, and quite quick. It does open a separate screen for form creation and editing, but I suspect it does this to improve flow and speed.”
- How do I use WPForms form templates?
Our form templates are super easy to use. If you have a WordPress website, you’re ready to start!
When you find the template you want, click Use This Template. We’ll help you to install the WPForms plugin so you can open the template. WPForms is the best form builder plugin for WordPress, and it makes it easy to create forms to grow your business.
Any template in our gallery can be imported into your WordPress site and published immediately so that you can start to get submissions right away. If you need to customize a template, you’ll find it easy to adapt the fields, text, labels, and layout using our drag-and-drop form builder.
As your website grows, you’ll find hundreds of templates for any purpose you can think of:
- Forms for your business, including different types of contact forms and file upload forms
- Booking and user registration forms
- Forms for nonprofits, including donation forms and volunteer application forms
- Marketing forms for lead generation forms and ecommerce order forms
- Forms for education, including school intake forms and parental consent forms
- Entertainment forms for fun activities
- Event planning forms
- Feedback forms, surveys, polls, and questionnaires
- Forms for health and wellness activities
- Newsletter subscription forms for Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and more!
- How do I import a form template in the WPForms plugin?
The WPForms plugin makes it easy to open any template you need right from your WordPress dashboard.
Inside the plugin, you get instant access to all of the templates in this gallery, from simple contact forms and registration forms to surveys and polls.
Start by exploring the Templates gallery in the plugin. Search for a template and select the one you’d like to use. WPForms will open the template in the form builder for you. From there, you can customize the template and publish it on your WordPress site in just a few clicks.
Ready to build your form? Get started today with the easiest WordPress form builder plugin. WPForms Pro includes hundreds of free templates and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Can I create a simple contact form using a template?
Yes! We have a template for a simple contact form. It’s perfect for any WordPress site and it can easily be customized.
WPForms makes it easy to publish your first form in less than 5 minutes!
- How do I customize my WordPress form template?
WPForms makes it easy to customize any form template so it works exactly how you want it to. You can easily:
- Add or remove form fields
- Adjust the items in checkboxes and dropdown lists
- Adjust the layout and colors
- Change the text on any field label
- Add columns
- Use smart conditional logic to dynamically show or hide fields
- Customize the email notifications you get when you receive a form entry.
All of these changes can be made with no coding at all!
As you customize your online form, you’ll discover a ton of extra functionality in WPForms, including a simple revision history. Each time you save your form, WPForms keeps track of your changes so you can revert to a previous version whenever you need to.
You can easily publish our forms using your favorite page builder tool. WPForms works great with SeedProd and Elementor.
If you need more help, the WPForms blog has hundreds of tutorials to help you customize your form templates and get them working exactly as you want them to.
- Are these WordPress form templates free?
Our form template gallery includes templates for the free version of WPForms, WPForms Lite. We also have hundreds of templates that work great with WPForms Pro.
In addition, our advanced form templates let you integrate your forms with other platforms and services so you can:
- Make credit card payment forms
- Create multi-step or multi-page forms with a progress bar
- Get donations easily via PayPal
- Increase subscribers on your email marketing list
- Lock your forms with a password
- Take signatures on forms
- Create professional surveys
Some of our advanced form templates require a WPForms Pro license, including our Stripe and PayPal payment forms. If you pick a template that needs a license or addon you don’t already have, we’ll guide you through the setup steps so that you can get started with your template right away.