Want to create an online youth sports registration form on your website? Use one simple online youth sports registration tool to make the registration process faster, better organized, and save you hours.
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to make signing up for youth sports much easier for parents and guardians.
How to Make an Online Youth Sports Registration Form
Do you want to create an online youth sports registration form using WordPress? Using an online signup form is super easy and makes the process faster for parents.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to make an online youth sports registration form on your website.
Why Use an Online Registration Form for Youth Sports?
Regardless of the type of youth sport, getting things going at the beginning of the season is stressful for everyone.
Getting signups for your youth teams should be the easy part, but too often, it’s not. You need more than names and phone numbers. But, getting those other important details can be complicated.
So why not try an online youth sports registration form? Using an online registration for your sports program makes managing your teams easier for lots of reasons. Using an online form, you’ll get more:
- Responses: An online form is more convenient for parents and guardians, so you’ll get more signups.
- Information: Add fields to your form and get details like uniform sizes, equipment requirements, and more.
- Organized: Go “paperless” and keep player information in one place and searchable so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
- Engagement: Attract attention to your youth registration form by sharing your web address with news outlets, social media, and email.
- Money: Get those fees in on time by allowing parents and guardians to pay participation fees and additional costs right on your form.
So now that you know why you need to use an online youth sports registration form let’s see how you can easily create one for your WordPress site.
Asking yourself, “How do I set up a youth sports registration form on my WordPress website?” Here’s a step-by-step tutorial that shows you how.
Step 1: Create a Youth Sports Registration Form
There’s no doubt that WPForms is the easiest way to create an online youth sports registration form. WPForms Pro has pre-built templates for nearly anything you can think of and comes with lots of other online form templates.
To get started, you’ll need to install and activate the WPForms plugin. For help with this, see this step-by-step guide on how to install a plugin in WordPress.
Now, once you’ve activated the plugin, you’ll need to create a new form.
To do this, go to WPForms » Add New and create a name for your form. If you’re not sure what to name it, that’s okay, you can change it later. Then, scroll down to the section labeled Select a Template.
Next, type “league registration” in the search bar. There are 2 sports registration form templates you can choose from: Baseball League Registration and Football League Registration.
Don’t worry, you can customize either template to whatever type of youth sports registration form you like.
For our example, we’ll just leave it for youth baseball registration. Click on Use Template to load your preferred template in the form builder.
Once the pre-built form template loads, you’ll see WPForms has created the primary fields for youth sports in your form:
- Player’s Name
- Player’s Age Group
- Desired Team Name
- Desired Position
- Parent or Guardian Information
You’re not limited to just these fields. You can add more by dragging and dropping them from the left side of the form builder into the preview area.
Once they’re placed where you want them, just click on the field to make your changes. You can also use the drag and drop feature to arrange the fields in any order you wish to.
You can customize each field to change the team names, positions, and any other details you need to edit. You can even upload team logos to give your form a professional look.
Check out our tutorial on adding image choices to your forms for the steps on how to do this.
Often youth sports require parents to pay participation fees, buy uniforms, and other items. Make it easy for them to pay online right on your youth sports registration form.
One of WPForms’ best features is that it allows you to accept payments using Stripe, Square, Authorize.Net, or PayPal. It only takes a few minutes to set up payment options on your form. If you need help, read our documentation on how to enable users to choose a payment method.
When your registration form looks the way you want it to, click Save.
Step 2: Configure Your Form Settings
To begin, go to Settings » General.
This page allows you to make some adjustments to your forms like:
- Form Name: Change the name of your form.
- Form Description: Give some details about your form.
- Submit Button Text: Change the text on your submit button.
- Submit Button Processing Text: Edit the text that shows when someone submits your form.
- Spam Prevention: Select an anti-spam option for your form.
There are also advanced settings, which include:
- CSS Classes: Add custom CSS classes to your form or submit button.
- Enable dynamic fields population: Fill in some fields automatically based on the form’s URL.
- Enable AJAX form submissions: Use AJAX settings so parts of the form can update without needing to reload the whole page.
- Disable storing of entry information in WordPress: Use this GDPR compliant feature that prevents your visitor’s login credentials, IP addresses, and other details from being stored on your site. To learn more, see our guide on how to add a GDPR agreement field to your simple contact form.
Once you’ve made all your changes, click Save.
Step 3: Configure Your Form Notifications
After visitors submit their form, you’ll want to receive a notification email.
The notification feature in WPForms is on by default and sends you an email notification whenever someone fills out a registration form on your website. Of course, you can disable this option if you so choose.
If you want to notify parents or guardians that you’ve received their submission form, then check out our article on using the Smart Tags feature.
You can also read our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress if you need some help.
WPForms lets you notify more than just one person after a sports registration form is submitted. For example, you can send a notification to your own email inbox, to parents or guardians, coaches, and anyone else working with your teams.
For help doing this, check out our step-by-step guide on how to send multiple form notifications in WordPress. You can also create a class reunion registration form if you’re inviting alumni to get back together.
Finally, if maintaining consistent email branding is important to you, then head over to our step-by-step guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
Step 4: Configure Your Form Confirmations
Once visitors submit a form on your WordPress site, they’ll need a confirmation that their form went through and to find out what they need to do next.
Thankfully, WPForms allows you to choose from 3 types of confirmations:
- Message: WPForms has a built-in notification message, or you can create an excellent success message of your own.
- Show Page: Send your visitors to a specific Thank You page on your website. For more information, see our guide on redirecting customers to a Thank You page and creating a great Thank You page.
- Go to URL (Redirect): WPForms also allows you to send those who’ve submitted a registration form to a particular page on an entirely different website.
Let’s look at how easy it is to set up a simple confirmation in WPForms and customize the message for your youth sports registration form.
To start, click on Settings » Confirmations in the form builder. Then, type in your customized message and click Save.
For help with other confirmation types, see our documentation on setting up form confirmations.
That’s it! Now, you’re ready to add your online youth sports registration form to your WordPress website.
Step 5: Add Your Online Youth Sports Registration Form to Your Website
WPForms lets you place your forms in blog posts, pages, and sidebar widgets.
First, create a new page or post in WordPress, or you can simply update one that you previously created.
Next, click the plus (+) button to add a block to your page. Select WPForms from the available options.
Stay with me; you’re almost there.
Okay, now click on the WPForms dropdown menu and select which form you just created. It’ll be automatically inserted on your page.
Now, just hit the Publish button, and you’ll see your online youth sports registration form on your post or page.
Wasn’t that easy!?
So to view your sports registration forms after they’re submitted, visit our handy complete guide to form entries. You’ll discover that you can see, search for, filter, print, and delete any sports registration form entries. WPForms helps you manage the details so you can stay focused on enjoying the sport.
Next, Collect Funds With an Online Pledge Form
And you’re all set! Now you know step-by-step how to create an online youth sports registration form for your school or nonprofit organization. If you run a sponsored event, you can also try making an online pledge form to collect sponsors’ details.
You’ll want to read our post on the best WordPress popup plugins too. It’s packed with ways to boost your registration signups.
Now make it happen! Get started now with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today. WPForms Pro comes with the free online sports registration form that can be used for any type of youth sport and offers a 14-day money-back guarantee.