Looking to sell ads directly to your sponsors, but not sure how to get started? You can start selling direct ads by creating an Advertise With Us form on your site, and encourage sponsors to submit it with their requirements.
In this article, we’ll show you the best way to create an Advertise With Us form on your site.
Why Sell Direct Ads?
Before we dive into creating an Advertise With Us form on your site, it’s worth taking a moment to understand why selling direct ads is one of the best ways to make money online.
- Keep the full ad revenue without sharing it with any third-party ad networks.
- Maintain full control over ad pricing.
- Communicate with potential sponsors of your site, and even grow an email list of sponsors.
- Negotiate the prices. For example, you can offer an exclusive discount for a long-term sponsorship.
- And much more…
Why Create an Advertise With Us Form?
Before you can start selling ads directly to sponsors, you need to have an Advertise With Us form created on your site. You can either publish the form on an advertise page or create a multipurpose form on your contact page with smart conditional logic.
A few benefits of having an Advertise With Us form are:
- Offer an easy way for potential sponsors to inquire about purchasing ads.
- Segment your list into a Sponsors Only list, and build a long lasting connection with them.
- Negotiate the prices and discuss new possibilities for site monetization.
The Benefits of Having an Advertise Page
While you can communicate with your sponsors through a typical contact form on your contact page, having a dedicated Advertise page provides you with many benefits.
With an Advertise page, you can reveal the traffic details and demographics information about your audience to your potential sponsors. This way you can show them whether your site is a right fit for their needs, and give them a clue on what they can expect by running ads on your site.
If you want, you can show the pricing of different ad slots on your site, and give them tips on what kind of information they should ask for in the form.
Now, let’s take a look at how to create an Advertise With Us Form.
Step 1: Create an Advertise With Us Form in WordPress
You can start with a simple contact form template. For help with this step, check out this tutorial on how to create a simple contact form.
Your simple contact form will have the Name, Email, and Comment or Message form fields.
You can add additional form fields to your form by dragging them from the left hand panel to the right hand panel. You can also customize the fields by clicking on the field.
For example, with an Advertise With Us form, you might want to get the following details from your prospective sponsors.
- Choose an ad slot
- Monthly budget
This form will get enough information from potential sponsors so you can decide whether to move forward with the sale of ad space or not.
Step 2: Create a Sponsors Only Email List
Do you want to build a long-lasting relationship with your sponsors? You can build a Sponsors Only email list by adding a checkbox to your form so they can easily subscribe to your list by checking the box without submitting the details again.
For a step by step guide on how to do this, check out this tutorial on how to add a signup checkbox to your form.
Step 3: Configure Your Advertise With Us Form Settings
To start, go to Settings » General.
Here you can configure the following:
- Form Name — Change the name of your form here if you’d like.
- Form Description — Give your form a description.
- Submit Button Text — Customize the copy on the submit button.
- Spam Prevention — Stop contact form spam with the honeypot feature or Google reCAPTCHA. The honeypot feature is automatically enabled on all WordPress forms so if you decide to use another form of spam prevention, unclick this option.
- AJAX Forms — Enable AJAX settings with no page reload.
- GDPR Enhancements — You can disable the storing of entry information and user details, such as IP addresses and user agents, in an effort to comply with GDPR requirements. Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to add a GDPR agreement field to your simple contact form.
Step 4: Configure Your Form’s Notifications
Notifications are a great way to send an email whenever a form is submitted on your website.
Unless you disable this feature, whenever someone submits a form on your site, you’ll get a notification about the submission.
If you use smart tags, you can also send a notification to the sponsor when they submit their form. This lets them know you received it and will be in contact shortly. It also assures sponsors their form has gone through properly.
For help with this step, check out our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress.
And if you’re interested in sending several notifications, check out this guide to creating multiple notifications in WordPress.
Adding to this, if you want to keep branding across your emails consistent, you can check out this guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
Step 5: Configure Your Form’s Confirmations
Form confirmations are messages that display to site visitors once they subscribe to your email list. They let people know that their form has been processed, and offer you the chance to let them know what the next steps are.
WPForms has three confirmation types to choose from:
- Message. This is the default confirmation type in WPForms. When a sponsor submits a form, a simple message confirmation will appear letting them know their form was processed. Look here for some great success messages to help boost customer happiness.
- Show Page. This confirmation type will take site visitors to a specific web page on your site thanking them for their form submission. For help doing this, check out our tutorial on redirecting customers to a thank you page. In addition, be sure to check out our article on creating effective Thank You pages for boosting customer loyalty.
- Go to URL (Redirect). This option is used when you want to send site visitors to a different website.
Let’s see how to set up a simple form confirmation in WPForms so you can customize the message site visitors will see when they submit a form on your site.
To start, click on the Confirmation tab in the Form Editor under Settings.
Next, select the type of confirmation type you’d like to create. For this example, we’ll select Message.
Then, customize the confirmation message to your liking and click Save when you’re done.
For help with other confirmation types, see out documentation on setting up form confirmations.
Now you’re ready to add your contact form to your website.
Step 6: Add Your Form to Your Website
After you’ve created your Advertise With Us form, you need to add it to your WordPress website.
WPForms allows you to add your forms to many locations on your website, including your blog posts, pages, and even sidebar widgets.
Let’s take a look at the most common post/page embed option.
To start, create a new post or page in WordPress and then click on the Add Form button.
Next, select your contact form in the modal popup and click Add Form.
Then, publish your post or page so your contact form will appear on your website.
And there you have it! You now know how to create an Advertise With Us form on your WordPress website.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.