Do you need a way to let nonprofit organizations know your business accepts sponsorship requests? Sponsoring a nonprofit not only helps you get involved with charity efforts you support, it exposes your company to a wider audience base and helps your business grow.
In this article, we’ll show you how to create a sponsorship request form in WordPress with a template.
In This Article
- Step 1: Load the Sponsorship Request Form Template
- Step 2: Configure Your Sponsorship Request Form Settings
- Step 3: Customize Your Sponsorship Form’s Notifications
- Step 4: Configure Your Sponsorship Request Form’s Confirmations
- Step 5: Connect Your Form With a 3rd Party App
- Step 6: Add Your Sponsorship Request Form to Your Website
Why Use a Sponsorship Request Form Template?
Being a nonprofit sponsor is very different from being a donor because as a sponsor, your goal is to build a long-lasting working relationship with an organization that benefits both parties.
In fact, here are some of the reasons you might use your business to sponsor a nonprofit organization:
- The nonprofit organization gets a percentage of sales, while you get an increase in sales and free brand promotion.
- Your business will gain recognition in the community as one that cares about nonprofit causes.
- Exposure of your company might include mentions on the news and in the paper, or on banners and signs at local community events.
There are different ways you can sponsor a charity organization while increasing your brand’s visibility. For example, if you’re a restaurant you can host a special family deal night to raise money for a local charity or school.
Or, if you prefer year-round exposure, you can agree to help boost recognition of a nonprofit’s cause in exchange for banners, signs, or event booths while using the nonprofit’s name and logo in your own marketing materials.
No matter the reason for wanting to support a nonprofit organization, the best way to get word out that you want to help is by adding a sponsorship request form to your website so those looking to raise money for their cause can fill it out.
So, let’s see how to create a sponsorship request form in WordPress with a template.
How to Make a Sponsorship Request Form [TEMPLATE]
Follow these step by step instructions to set up and customize your sponsorship request form template easily.
Step 1: Load the Sponsorship Request Form Template
Using WPForms is the easiest way to create an online sponsorship request form in WordPress.
WPForms comes with a huge variety of pre-built templates for every niche and industry, including the template needed to encourage people wanting to utilize your business to promote awareness and raise money for their cause.
Now you’ll need to create a new form.
To do this, go to WPForms » Add New, and name your form. Then, scroll down to the section labeled Select a Template and type “sponsorship request” into the search bar.
Click on Use Template to select the Sponsorship Request Form template.
When the pre-built sponsorship request form template loads, most of the work is already done. In fact, you’ll find the following fields in the form:
- Company or Group Requesting Sponsorship (Single Line Text)
- Preferred Contact Method (Checkboxes)
- Please describe the event or program that the sponsorship will support (Paragraph Text)
- Please indicate which sponsorship level you are seeking (Multiple Choice)
- Additional Comments / Requests (Paragraph Text)
You can add additional fields to your form by dragging them from the left hand panel to the right hand preview area.
Then, click on the field to make any changes. You can also click on a form field and drag it up or down in the preview to rearrange the order of the fields in your form.
When your sponsorship request form looks the way you want it to, click Save.
Step 2: Configure Your Sponsorship Request Form Settings
To start, go to Settings » General.
Here you can configure the following:
- Form Name — Change the name of your form here if you’d like.
- Form Description — Give your form a description.
- Tags — Add tags to your forms to organize them.
- Submit Button Text — Customize the copy on the submit button.
- Submit Button Processing Text — Change the text that shows while your form is submitting.
Under the Advanced section, you can also find the following options:
- CSS Classes — Add custom CSS to your form or submit button.
- Enable Prefill by URL — Automatically fill in some fields using a custom URL.
- Enable AJAX form submission — Submit your form without reloading the page. This option is turned on for all new forms.
- Disable storing entry information in WordPress — You can disable the storing of entry information and user details, such as IP addresses and user agents, in an effort to comply with GDPR requirements. Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to add a GDPR agreement field to your simple contact form.
Once you’re done with the general settings, move down to the Spam Protection and Security settings.
Here you can:
- Enable anti-spam protection — Stop contact form spam with the WPForms anti-spam token. The anti-spam setting is automatically enabled on all new forms.
- Enable Akismet anti-spam protection — If you use the Akisment anti-spam plugin, you can connect it to your form.
- Enable country filter — Block submissions from specific countries.
- Enable keyword filter — Prevent entries that include certain words or phrases.
You can also set up your preferred CAPTCHA. Check out our complete spam prevention guide for more details.
Click Save when you’re done here.
Step 3: Customize Your Sponsorship Form’s Notifications
Notifications are a great way to send an email whenever someone submits a sponsorship request form on your website.
In fact, unless you disable this feature, whenever someone submits a sponsorship request form on your site, you’ll get a notification about it.
If you use Smart Tags, you can also send a notification to the site visitor when they request sponsorship, letting them know you received their request and will be in contact shortly. This assures people their form has gone through properly.
For help with this step, check out our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress.
You can use WPForms’ conditional logic to notify the right person in your organization based on the user’s selection when a sponsorship request form is submitted. For instance, you can send a notification to yourself, the nonprofit requesting sponsorship, and the event coordinator of your company.
For help doing this, check out our step by step tutorial on how to send multiple form notifications in WordPress.
Lastly, if you want to keep branding across your emails consistent, you can check out this guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
Step 4: Configure Your Sponsorship Request Form’s Confirmations
Form confirmations are messages that display to site visitors once they submit a sponsorship request form on your website. They let people know that their form has been processed and offer you the chance to let them know what the next steps are.
WPForms has three confirmation types:
- Message. This is the default confirmation type in WPForms. When someone submits your sponsorship request form, a simple message confirmation will appear letting them know their form was processed. Look here for some great success messages to help boost customer happiness.
- Show Page. This confirmation type will take site visitors to a specific web page on your site thanking them for their sponsorship request and telling them when you’ll be in touch with help. For help doing this, check out our tutorial on redirecting customers to a Thank You page. In addition, be sure to check out our article on creating effective Thank You pages for boosting customer loyalty.
- Go to URL (Redirect). This option is used when you want to send site visitors to a different website.
Let’s see how to set up a simple form confirmation in WPForms so you can customize the message site visitors will see when they request sponsorship from you.
To start, click on the Confirmations tab in the form builder under Settings.
Next, select the type of confirmation type you’d like to create. For this example, we’ll select Message.
Then, customize the confirmation message to your liking and click Save.
If you want to display different confirmations to site visitors based on their behavior, be sure to read up on how to create conditional form confirmations.
Step 5: Connect Your Form With a 3rd Party App
Sometimes, you might include a Date / Time field on your sponsorship request form so nonprofits or organizations looking to request sponsorship can choose which day and time they want you to host their event.
If this is the case, WPForms allows you to easily connect your WordPress form with your favorite 3rd party app using our Zapier addon. In fact, the Zapier addon lets you connect your WordPress forms to over 5,000+ web apps.
For example, you can connect your form with your Google Calendar with ease. That way, any time someone requests a sponsored event from you for a specific day and time, the information on the form will automatically be added to your calendar.
Just make sure you monitor these requests and inform those requesting sponsorship that you must approve the day and time they choose to avoid overbooking.
To see how to do this, check out this article that includes how to connect your form with Google Calendar.
Step 6: Add Your Sponsorship Request Form to Your Website
After you’ve created a sponsorship request form, you need to add it to your WordPress website.
WPForms allows you to add your forms to many locations on your website, including your blog posts, pages, and even sidebar widgets.
Let’s take a look at the most common post or page embed option.
To begin, create a new page or post in WordPress, or open an existing one in the editor. After that, add a new block and select WPForms. You can search for it if you don’t see it right away.
Then click on the WPForms dropdown and pick the form you’ve just created and that you want to insert into your page.
Now, click Preview, and you’ll see your sponsorship WordPress form as it will appear on your website. If you’re satisfied with the way your sponsorship WordPress form looks, go ahead and click on Publish and your form will go live on the Internet.
To view your sponsorship form entries after they’ve been submitted, check out this complete guide to form entries.
And if you’re using Salesforce for Nonprofits, you’ll also want to check out our list of handy Salesforce integrations for WordPress.
Next, Close Your Sponsorship Form Automatically
And there you have it! You now know how to create a sponsorship request form in WordPress. If you’d like to close the form when the sponsorship period ends, check out this guide to setting an automatic expiry date on a form.
And if you’re looking for people to volunteer at the event your hosting, such as your business’ employees, you can always add a volunteer application form to your website to fill that need as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.