It’s that time of year again when Girl Scout Cookies will be on sale. Does your child or Girl Scout troop need an efficient way to sell more cookies? There are many ways to be a top-selling Girl Scout, and it just so happens that having an online order form for customers to fill out is one of the best ways.
In this article, we’ll share how to create a Girl Scout Cookie order form in WordPress using WPForms.
How to Sell the Most Girl Scout Cookies
There are about 1.8 million active Girl Scouts in the United States. Of those active members, about half of them sell Girl Scout Cookies each season in an effort to raise money for their local troop and council.
But if your daughter is a part of Girl Scouts and wants to be a top-seller, how can you help her compete?
Here are some of the best ways to help your daughter become a top-selling Girl Scout this cookie season:
- Be Proactive. Cookie season happens every year at the same time. If your daughter wants to start the season off with a bang, have her prepare early by scheduling booth times and creating signage before the season kicks off. You can also have her let people know it’s almost time to buy again.
- Set Goals. As the cookie season approaches, have your Girl Scout make goals for herself that she can strive to meet. Then, have her spread the word about her goals so people know what she needs to meet her goal. This will help hold her accountable and make her work harder if she has an end goal in mind.
- Always Have Extras. Sometimes people don’t know it’s Girl Scout Cookie season until they see your daughter in her uniform with cookies in hand. That’s why having extras boxes on hand as she delivers the goods is helpful. Any extra box your daughter can sell puts her one more box closer to her goal.
Lastly, have your daughter take advantage of the power of the internet.
The easier your Girl Scout makes things on customers, the more cookies she’ll be able to sell. At the in-person booths, people are often required to pay in cash, which makes things hard for some people.
With WPForms, you can create a Girl Scout Cookie order form in WordPress and enjoy the following benefits:
- Give people 24/7 access to cookies so they can buy whenever the mood strikes, regardless of whether there’s a booth nearby.
- Integrate your Girl Scout Cookie order form with Stripe or PayPal, giving people an easy way to pay right away.
- Easily manage all form submissions from one place on the backend of your site so you and your daughter always know who has placed an order.
- Enable survey reporting so you can see how many of each cookie type you’ll need come delivery time.
- Add a newsletter checkbox to the Girl Scout Cookie order form so people can subscribe to the official Girl Scouts of America newsletter and always know what’s going on, especially when it comes to the cookies.
- Display form confirmations and send email notifications so customers know their orders have been processed and their cookies are on the way.
So, now that you know how to help your daughter become a top-selling Girl Scout, and how WPForms can help, let’s see how to create a Girl Scout Cookie order form in WordPress.
Step 1: Create a Girl Scout Cookie Order Form in WordPress
Using WPForms is the easiest way to create a Girl Scout Cookie order form in WordPress. WPForms comes with the Form Templates Pack addon that allows you to choose from 100+ pre-built templates for every niche and industry, including a Girl Scout Cookie order form template.
Next, you’ll need to install and activate the Form Templates Pack addon.
To do this, go to WPForms » Addon and find the one labeled Form Templates Pack addon.
Click Install Addon and then Activate.
Now you’ll need to create a new form.
To do this, go to WPForms » Add New, and name your form. Then, scroll down to the section labeled Additional Templates and type “Girl Scout Cookie Order Form” into the search bar.
When the pre-built Girl Scout Cookie order form template loads, most of the work is already done for you. In fact, you’ll find the following fields in the form:
- Dropdown (for choosing cookie types)
If you want to see the online Girl Scout Cookie order form template in action, head over and check out our sample Girl Scout Cookie order form demo.
You can add additional fields to your form by dragging them from the left hand panel to the right hand panel.
Then, click on the field to make any changes. You can also click on a form field and drag it to rearrange the order on your Girl Scout Cookie order form.
When your online Girl Scout Cookie order form looks the way you want it to, click Save.
Step 2: Configure Your Girl Scout Cookie Order Form Settings
To start, go to Settings » General.
Here you can configure the following:
- Form Name. Rename your form here.
- Form Description. Give your form a description.
- Submit Button Text. Customize the copy on the submit button. For instance, you can change the button to say “Buy Cookies.”
- Spam Prevention. Enable the anti-spam honeypot feature to prevent spam cookie orders and keep your website secure. This feature is automatically enabled on all WordPress forms. If you decide to use another form of spam prevention, you can either unclick this option or continue using this feature with other spam prevention features such as recaptcha.
- GDPR Enhancements. You can disable the storing of entry information and user details, such as IP addresses and user agents, in an effort to comply with GDPR requirements.
Step 3: Configure Your Girl Scout Cookie Order Form Notifications
Notifications are a great way to send an email whenever someone buys Girl Scout Cookies on your website.
In fact, unless you disable this feature, whenever someone submits a Girl Scout Cookie order form on your site, you’ll get a notification about it.
If you use smart tags, you can also send a notification to your customers when they buy cookies from your Girl Scout, letting them know you two have received their order and will be in contact shortly. This assures people their order has gone through properly.
You can also add important information to the notification about their cookie order. For instance, provide payment options if you choose to collect payment at the time of delivery, estimated delivery dates, and how to get in touch with you if they need anything else with their order.
For help with this step, check out our documentation on how to set up form notifications in WordPress.
You can send more than one notification when someone buys Girl Scout Cookies on your site. For instance, you can send a notification to yourself, your customers, and your daughter’s troop leader.
For help doing this, check out our step by step tutorial on how to send multiple form notifications in WordPress.
Lastly, if you want to keep branding across your emails consistent, you can check out this guide on adding a custom header to your email template.
Step 4: Configure Your Girl Scout Cookie Order Form Confirmations
Form confirmations are messages that display to people once they submit a Girl Scout Cookie order form on your website. They let people know that their order has gone through and offer you the chance to let them know what the next steps are.
WPForms has three confirmation types:
- Message. This is the default confirmation type in WPForms. When someone submits an online Girl Scout Cookie order form, a simple message confirmation will appear letting them know their order was received and is being processed.
- Show Page. This confirmation type will take customers to a specific web page on your site thanking them for their cookie order. For help doing this, check out our tutorial on redirecting customers to a thank you page. In addition, be sure to check out our article on creating effective Thank You pages for boosting customer loyalty.
- Go to URL (Redirect). This option is used when you want to send poeple to a different website.
Let’s see how to set up a simple form confirmation in WPForms so you can customize the message site visitors will see when they fill out a Girl Scout Cookie order form on your website.
To start, click on the Confirmation tab in the Form Editor under Settings.
Next, select the type of confirmation type you’d like to create. For this example, we’ll select Message.
Then, customize the confirmation message to your liking and click Save.
If you want to display different confirmations to site visitors based on their purchase behavior, be sure to read up on how to create conditional form confirmations.
Step 5: Configure the Payment Settings
If you decide to collect payments from your customers for their orders before delivering the cookies, you’ll need to configure the payment settings for your order form by connecting to your payment provider.
But first, make sure you customize the Girl Scout Cookie order form template. The default template comes with simple Dropdown menus so people can select the number of each cookie type they want.
In order to collect payments, you’ll need to exchange those Dropdown menus for either Single Items, Multiple Items, or Dropdown Items form fields, all of which are located under the Payment Fields section in the form builder.
You can also add the Credit Card form field if you want to give customers the option to pay with a credit card, which is possible using the WPForms Stripe addon.
For our example, we’ll replace the simple Dropdown menus with payment Dropdown Items form fields. In addition, we’ll add a Total form field so people always know their running total when purchasing cookies.
Once your Girl Scout Cookie order form has the payment form fields you need, click Save.
Next, install and activate the right payment addon.
For easy step by step instructions, check out our tutorial on installing and using the PayPal addon. If you want to use Stripe, you’ll find similar instructions for installing and using the Stripe addon here.
Then click on the Payments tab in the form builder to configure your payment settings.
In our example, we’ll set up PayPal to process orders.
Here you’ll need to enter your PayPal email address, select the Production mode, choose Products and Services, and adjust other settings as needed.
After you’re done configuring the payment settings, click Save to store your changes.
Be sure to check out our tutorial on allowing customers to choose their payment method if you want to offer more than one payment option.
Step 6: Enable Survey Reporting
To help you keep track of which types of cookies people order from your Girl Scout Cookie Order form, WPForms gives you the ability to enable survey reporting.
To start, install and activate the Surveys and Polls addon so you can access survey reporting. For help with this step, check out our documentation on using the Surveys and Polls addon.
Next, go to Settings » Surveys and Polls. Then, click on the Enable Survey Reporting checkbox. This will enable survey reporting sitewide.
WPForms will collect survey results for any of the following form fields on all your site’s forms:
- Single Line Text
- Paragraph Text
- Multiple Choice
- Likert Scale
- Net Promoter Score
If you don’t want to collect survey results for every form on your website, and only want results for your Girl Scout Cookie order form, unclick the Enable Survey Reporting checkbox under Settings » Surveys and Polls.
Next, return to the Form Editor, click on the field you want to enable reporting for, and under the Advanced Options section, check the Enable Survey Reporting box. Now only survey results on that particular form field will be collected.
Do this for each form field you want to collect results for.
Keep in mind, if you exchange your simple Dropdown menus for Dropdown Items so you can collect payments from customers for their cookie orders on your form, you cannot collect results.
Here’s a look at what your Girl Scout Cookie survey results might look like as people begin ordering from your daughter:
Each cookie type will be broken down into its own graph so you can easily calculate the total number of boxes people want.
Step 7: Add Your Girl Scout Cookie Order Form to Your Website
After you’ve created a Girl Scout Cookie order form, you need to add it to your WordPress website.
WPForms allows you to add your forms to many locations on your website, including your blog posts, pages, and even sidebar widgets.
Let’s take a look at the most common post/page embed option.
To start, create a new post or page in WordPress and then click on the Add Form button.
Next, select your Girl Scout Cookie order form in the modal popup and click Add Form.
Then, publish your post or page so your form will appear on your website.
And there you have it! You now know how to create a Girl Scout Cookie order form in WordPress.
If you want to send receipts to your customers after they order Girl Scout cookies from your daughter, check out this helpful tutorial on automatically sending a WordPress order form email receipt.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with the most powerful WordPress forms plugin today.